Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Express Test Drives New Yaris

Crisis

Well i love my Phase 1 to bits! The only thing i will say for the new Yaris is that the central console looks fantastic, but i'm put off by the distinct and deliberate omission by Toyota to let you customise the audio. Here's hoping they do some decent audio options!

I certainly ain't buying one if i'm going to lose a whole sound range - or maybe even 2, because it will drive me insane!

Not much room for mods in there either!

I think it would be near impossible to put a strut brace on or any type of after market filter or Induction Kit etc...

:D

yeah i see your point...... but there is room for a charger :D

that green is a awfull colour.

when i was at TTE they were talking about europe getting the 1.8,

hopefully they are right :thumbsup:

New doesn’t always mean better. It’s bigger so it has to be heavier?

Same engines? Bit slower maybe, especially in the smaller engine versions. There are bits I like but there’s more I don’t like.

Will have to see it in the flesh and as a 3 door ;)

It’s bigger so it has to be heavier?

Will have to see it in the flesh and as a 3 door  ;)

No, because it is bigger it doesn't necessarily mean that it's heavier. All depends on the materials used

And yes, will have to see it In 3-door and in the flesh before i decide as well. Think if it does come out in 3-door version i'll snap one up ASAP!

Hmmm.. colour.. i LIKE the colour.. very close to Emerald Green.

I think it looks a descent car.. interior in the pics looks tasty.. esp if it has all the tricks, steering controls for stereo etc.

With that guiala?? bodykit it looks a lot better tho.. overall i got to say i like it.

like the rear, not to sure on the front, would prefer it in 3 door and im not too sure on the interior. how the hell would u out and aftermarket H/U in it

I don't mind the interior, but the exterior is not very nice... at all. The front bumper looks like simon cowells trousers... way too high. And it's got a saggy ar5e. C'mon toyota... don't build a friggin' micra.

That is the RS version equivalent to the t sport, doesn’t look very sporty in the magazine, I wouldn’t like to see the entry level. I hope Toyota don’t expect buyers to pay for extras to bring it up to standard. I much prefer the current line up

Eek it looks even worse to me after seeing these photos! Looks like they have designed a new front end, welded on a 306 middle and golf/polo back end. Doesn't look very sporty for an RS model and the wheels arches look too small for the body...

Still opened minded, maybe the 3 door in a not so nasty colour will look better... For the moment my vote is still with current phase 2 Yaris. :thumbsup:

probably a silly question...but does this mean that toyota are losing the digital speedo?

i love my digi speedo.

I think the interor pix are all of the RS, which doesn't use digital, like it doesn't at the moment. Maybe the lower specs will?

My dealer is still categorically denying that the new Yaris is going on sale in Sept and is trying to get me to confirm the order for my 05 T Sport. Does anyone know anything to the contrary as the dealer is saying that the magazine reports are mere speculation.

The skirting for an RS looks so skinny. Our current RS/TS skirts are chunkier. The sides are too flat...

It looked great in those super squished and foreshortened pics we first saw, but is so much thinner and top heavy in these shots...

Current RS/TS models kitted up look much more chunky than this RS...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links