Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Do They Do It?

Gnome

No, not the legend we all know and love, from the A team and one Rocky film, but the corporation....

As you may know, I ordered (or though I did), a fascia adapter for a phase 2 Yaris. However, when I got home and tried to fit it, it didn't fit.

Upon checking the part numbers given by the info on these boards, it seems they had supplied me with one for a phase 1.

At this point, I'm not sure whether I mixed up the numbers or not, but I get on the blower, and the spares man at Inchcape Toyota in Kildington, says he can order the correct one in for Tuesday (today).

Brilliant!

I go down this evening however to pick up the new one, in a state of childish like excitement, only to find it's an identical part.

Hmm... Now I definately gave the chap on the other end of the phone the right part number, as; so not to confuse myself, i wrote down the correct one, and reeled it off on the phone to him.

I'm thinking now though, that I gave them the right number in the first place, but the divvy has got the info mixed up somehow (possibly when he asked for the year of the car), and ordered what he "thought" was the right one.

Needless to say, I'm a bit ****** off, as I have had to make a special journey down there, after ringing them to make sure it was in, which takes me a good 20 miles from my workplace (30 miles from home), in the snow and dark, to find out it's the wrong one. :angry:

All is well though. I spoke to a bloke (who seems to be all there!), who told me that the earlier models were Jap built, and the later ones are French (which makes sense, judging by the "Made in France" sticker my windscreen boasts!

He went through the fiche, and has asked me to double-check it's the right one.

It is, thank God!

It should now be here for Friday, which means at least everything will be here to fit it to my car!

On the plus side, I also ordered some mudflaps, and I got the mats which should have been delivered with the car in the first place!!!

Aahhh... That feels better. Thank you for listening! :D

Aahhh... That feels better. Thank you for listening!  :D

That's quite alright. That's what we're here for. Now, look at these inkblots and tell me what you see. :bookworm:

:bye:

Monkeys....

lots and lots...... of monkeys...

Oh - there's another one now...

:huh:  :D

rofl.gif

:lol: how long u been waiting 2 use that

I just nick em from other sites! :yes:

Can't stand them mate! :ffs:

Oh btw, for all you people out there with a standard CD player in your Yaris, get the fascia thing and all that which amounts to about £90 and then sell your standard player on eBay! 1 just went for £165 on eBay which will cover the cost of the fascia parts and then if you add some money to it an aftermarket headunit which will give better sound quality and probably a better radio reception! I'm gonna be doing this soon, I reckon I could make £100 from my tape deck! :D :thumbsup:

and the later ones are French (which makes sense, judging by the "Made in France" sticker my windscreen boasts!

thats why i took mine off :P

and the spares man at Inchcape Toyota in Kildington, says he can order the correct one in for Tuesday (today).

I bought my Yaris from the same place.

I'm phoning them tomorrow to check if my windows seals are covered by the warranty.

Because.......

The passenger window is impossible to wind down, plus there's a blowing noise on the drivers side window when driving at 65/70Mph or above.

It's a nice place to walk round, plus all the nice cars to test drive :D

and the spares man at Inchcape Toyota in Kildington, says he can order the correct one in for Tuesday (today).

I bought my Yaris from the same place.

I'm phoning them tomorrow to check if my windows seals are covered by the warranty.

Because.......

The passenger window is impossible to wind down, plus there's a blowing noise on the drivers side window when driving at 65/70Mph or above.

It's a nice place to walk round, plus all the nice cars to test drive :D

They are. My driver's door inner seal kept getting pulled down into the door until it eventually shredded! They (Lindops, Queensferry) replaced it and all was fine until it went again. They've just done it again at the end of last year but it still goes for a trip into the door along with the window.

Ah well, it goes in px for a new Yaris next week (hopefully) so it's their problem from then on!

Had loads of hassles from my local dealer when I stayed in bucks, but Sims Toyota in Northampton have, touch wood - so far, been pretty good.

you wanna buy a made in japan sticker?? might make it fit?

HAHA! I got blasted down when i slated the french build quality... B)

I ordered the Phase 1 Fascia surround from Mr T and they came back and said i had ordered the one that goes over the stock CD player, IE. It has holes for buttons in it!

I hadn't, needless to say, so i went in to be told "We don't do a part like that"

Made the guy get out the parts diagrams and there were 3 choices on the sheet:

A) THE PART I WANTED - Double DIN fascia surround (Phase 1)

B) The same but for the Stock headunit with the cassette

C) As above but for the CD

I pointed to the diagram in A), he looked puzzled but ordered it anyway - £37.50

Knightmare these people at times!

Can't stand them mate! :ffs:

Oh btw, for all you people out there with a standard CD player in your Yaris, get the fascia thing and all that which amounts to about £90 and then sell your standard player on ebay! 1 just went for £165 on ebay which will cover the cost of the fascia parts and then if you add some money to it an aftermarket headunit which will give better sound quality and probably a better radio reception! I'm gonna be doing this soon, I reckon I could make £100 from my tape deck! :D  :thumbsup:

I only got a £102 for my cd player, its hardly been used! :(

like i say dealers are good for one thing. warrenty....... the people who work in them are usually **** idiots compared to normal mechanics.

dealers are also for people who dont know any better. i.e idiots. i mean who'd pay for crap service at i high cost........

No, not the legend we all know and love, from the A team and one Rocky film, but the corporation....

As you may know, I ordered (or though I did), a fascia adapter for a phase 2 Yaris. However, when I got home and tried to fit it, it didn't fit.

Upon checking the part numbers given by the info on these boards, it seems they had supplied me with one for a phase 1.

At this point, I'm not sure whether I mixed up the numbers or not, but I get on the blower, and the spares man at Inchcape Toyota in Kildington, says he can order the correct one in for Tuesday (today).

Brilliant!

I go down this evening however to pick up the new one, in a state of childish like excitement, only to find it's an identical part.

Hmm... Now I definately gave the chap on the other end of the phone the right part number, as; so not to confuse myself, i wrote down the correct one, and reeled it off on the phone to him.

I'm thinking now though, that I gave them the right number in the first place, but the divvy has got the info mixed up somehow (possibly when he asked for the year of the car), and ordered what he "thought" was the right one.

Needless to say, I'm a bit ****** off, as I have had to make a special journey down there, after ringing them to make sure it was in, which takes me a good 20 miles from my workplace (30 miles from home), in the snow and dark, to find out it's the wrong one. :angry:

All is well though. I spoke to a bloke (who seems to be all there!), who told me that the earlier models were Jap built, and the later ones are French (which makes sense, judging by the "Made in France" sticker my windscreen boasts!

He went through the fiche, and has asked me to double-check it's the right one.

It is, thank God!

It should now be here for Friday, which means at least everything will be here to fit it to my car!

On the plus side, I also ordered some mudflaps, and I got the mats which should have been delivered with the car in the first place!!!

Aahhh... That feels better. Thank you for listening!  :D

Have you still got the adaptor for the phase 1 Yari Gnome or did you exchange it!? I'd be more than willing to purchase it back off of you, saves me a phone call or a trip down to see Mr T!

like i say dealers are good for one thing. warrenty....... the people who work in them are usually **** idiots compared to normal mechanics.

dealers are also for people who dont know any better. i.e idiots. i mean who'd pay for crap service at i high cost........

You can even take your car elsewhere for warranty work now. New laws have been introduced to stop dealers and manufacturers causing problems for consumers by forcing them to the dealer and cancelling their warranty if they go elsewhere.

Toyota are apparantly the best for allowing you to go elsewhere.

Have a read of this months WhatCar? for the full story!

Sorry Baby Yari, I gave it and the incorrectly ordered ones back to the guy yesterday, when I ordered my new one.

Seveer - I saw that too. Even said that most salespersons did not know about this law, and that's why 90% of people are confused over the matter.

Robie - Hello mate. I'm actually just north of Banbury, but I'm in kildington the first sunday of each month at the Red Lion, for my bike club's meet.

I don't really follow footy much I'm afraid either. :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links