Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.3 Sr

seveer unaek

Erm, il warn some of you sceptics before i start telling the tale that you're undoubtedly not going to believe a word of what i have to say, but here goes...

Last night, about 1am... i was having a good drive round my twisty's (as you do!) then i picked my bro up from pub... kebabe, coke... heart attack?! Then we went a wandering... car was very warm after a tad over 100mph on m-way (not that i do that often ya know) and so was the exhaust... friggin' lovely burbling's being made! Sounds awesome on the fast upshift too! (and down!)

The i thought i'd give my 0-60mph a quick go... i have a nice flat stretch in an industrial estate that's perfect (no pot holes!!!)

I stop, into first... 3-2-300rpm-1- GO! !st gear change at 28mph, and bang... 60mph in 9.8secs. No sh*t... obviously take into account slight delays/advances in timing equipment (stop watch!) so say 10.5 max. I was amazed...! This little car really can fly!

Obviously i kept going... 62mph... into 3rd..... 80mph... into 4th.... sh*t... roundabout.... sh*t... slippery... sh*t... police.... flick the wheel and around the corner at about 55mph we go... no slip, no loss of grip and bang... away we go again.... !Removed! flying!

It was awesome! Car was on steriods or summat!

Obviously there are some who won't believe me, but i swear it's true. The 1.3 Yaris can do 0-60mph in 9.8secs!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seveer unaek

• alanbradley

• Yaris-Nut

• dicey2k

Obviously i kept going... 62mph... into 3rd..... 80mph... into 4th....

It was awesome!

:o :o wow now that is what you call a late gear change! I know I wouldn't do that to my Yaris lol..

Sounds very impressive though!!! The 1.3's are great engines :D

Must be something in the air! Iv never known it to be behave as quick as it was... surely the TTE backbox hasn't made a difference to performance?? Hmm... not sure! :wacko:

Remember that if the air's cold then you get (fractionally) more power too so if you try it at night at this time of year - not advised - you will theoretically be faster than if you do it at mid-day in August so you are getting the best possible conditions...

Of course, if future you'll try it on a private test track though... :thumbsup:

A

youv probably bored it to a 1.5 by now hehehe

Brilliant! :lol:

Looking forward to having a go myself. Come on Mr T, get my 1.3 to the dealers!

Remember that if the air's cold then you get (fractionally) more power too so if you try it at night at this time of year - not advised - you will theoretically be faster than if you do it at mid-day in August so you are getting the best possible conditions...

Of course, if future you'll try it on a private test track though... :thumbsup:

A

Private test track? What's that?! :lol: I know i know, sorry... this is unsafe blah blah blah.... In my defence though to people who do whinge about speed etc... do you really buy a Hot hatch or an MR2 or a Supra to then drive everywhere at granny speeds? No you don't.

youv probably bored it to a 1.5 by now hehehe

:lol: I wish!

Sorry.... I just had to say that before someone else did! ;) I can't pontificate - was saved by the Snooper tonight :fear: :!Removed!:

A :thumbsup:

Sorry.... I just had to say that before someone else did! ;) I can't pontificate - was saved by the Snooper tonight  :fear: :!Removed!:

A :thumbsup:

Hehe! I havn't got a detector thingy... thik i might need one soon! And yeah... i knew somebody would say something... i guess you picked the short straw! :lol::thumbsup:

Yeah ive done that too, changed from first at 30MPH (exactly) and done it in 10.4 seconds, thats a proper speed test on a set of rollers in a workshop.

Yeah ive done that too, changed from first at 30MPH (exactly) and done it in 10.4 seconds, thats a proper speed test on a set of rollers in a workshop.

Ah yes, but this was on a damp road, with me (19st) and my brother (15st) in the car. And that's why i was amazed!

Do you ever find that there is a perfect ambient temperature where the car just flies and performs really well?

I tend to find that when its about 6-7 degrees celcius it performs its best? Dunno about anyone else...

Awesome engines those 1.3, for what they are!

Whilst I'm not going to pretend the SR is a fast car, it does have a surprisingly nippy engine. Mine performs best during colder weather, but after a slight warm up on the drive.

I'd say doing a ton on the motorway isn't a good idea, for obvious reasons. Yes I've done it and yes I was very stupid... and probably didn't do the SR any good what so ever... it just revs too much and as stock, simply wasn't built to stay at 100mph for a prolonged distance. I find it runs nicely between 60 to 80mph - anything above and it starts to rev the nuts off the engine.

Whilst I'm not going to pretend the SR is a fast car, it does have a surprisingly nippy engine. Mine performs best during colder weather, but after a slight warm up on the drive.

I'd say doing a ton on the motorway isn't a good idea, for obvious reasons. Yes I've done it and yes I was very stupid... and probably didn't do the SR any good what so ever... it just revs too much and as stock, simply wasn't built to stay at 100mph for a prolonged distance. I find it runs nicely between 60 to 80mph - anything above and it starts to rev the nuts off the engine.

That's your VVTi... yes it revs a lot, but it can handle it for longer than you think... just remeber not to go from 100mph to stop. Then the engine is cooking and isn't sucking enough air in to cool it down!

But yeah, don't do it for long... besides, i prefer dashing around proper roads, not these **** easy motorways! Anybody can drive fast in a straight line!

Yep I totally agree with you - I enjoy the drive so much more when I'm not on a motorway. It's nice to feel the SR's responsiveness... much like a Go Kart. :lol:

I've owned the car for 7 months now and it still makes me smile!

Yep I totally agree with you - I enjoy the drive so much more when I'm not on a motorway. It's nice to feel the SR's responsiveness... much like a Go Kart. :lol:

Iv been driving mine for a year and the smile is increasing! It really is like a little go-kart! Great little car!

I did go looking for an SR when i bought my CDX, but they were all silly money, and really hard to get hold of 2nd hand - Me and chriscanavan must have tried 5 Mr T's looking for one when i saw my CDX, just loved the colour!

I only wish mine handled the same and i had the nice alloys ;)

I agree with u Charis, country roads are the way forward, i don't drive on the motorway on the way to work anymore, much nicer drive on normal roads, and its shorter!

Obviously there are some who won't believe me, but i swear it's true. The 1.3 Yaris can do 0-60mph in 9.8secs!

I thought that was the 0-60 time roughly anyway......

possibly could be thinking of the T-Sport though - I do get confused in my old age! :D

1.3 engine is truly a cracking engine though - if I do say so myself - I've had 2 of them! :lol::thumbsup:

these 1.3 vvti engine are quiet nippy for what it is... altough t-sport are faster but i'm happy with the 1.3, i'm gonna upgrade the handling, so it's gonna be even better!

Ray :)

I agree with Angel,

i too thought the 60 time was just over 10secs anyway.

The factory 60 times are always a bit on the conservative side. I am actually amazed it takes that long especially when it can do 65 in second and over 30 in 1st. Its all down to that crucial shift. Oh and the take off.

Most rally drivers take off in second and dont bother with first at all. They sit the car a 3k rpm and just dump the clutch.

Someone try it and see what you get. I cant as its not my car and there is no way Gem would do that.

The only time iv ever tried to time the 0-60 i got around 11 seconds

i think it helps that you can get 64ish odd out of second whereas the yts has to be in third for 60+(correct me if im wrong ts people!)

i find driving on the twisties is easier at night as you can see people coming around corners due to there lights!

need to keep the revs high!

CB :thumbsup:

I did go looking for an SR when i bought my CDX, but they were all silly money, and really hard to get hold of 2nd hand - Me and chriscanavan must have tried 5 Mr T's looking for one when i saw my CDX, just loved the colour!

Ive just done a search on auto trader to see how many of them are about!

theres 1 within 100miles of me and 6 within 200 miles!

CB :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links