Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.3 Sr

seveer unaek

Toyota say 12.1 secs for 0-62mph. Top speed 109mph.

I'll be delighted if it's better than that though.

They quote 9 seconds dead for the T Sport.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seveer unaek

• alanbradley

• Yaris-Nut

• dicey2k

I'd love to pit my D-4D against a 1.3 just for the hell of it. The 1.3 has more power, but I have more torque than a T-Sport and its far more accessible. Hmm..... <_<

Who thinks they're hard enough? :lol:

A

I'll race you round the twisties Alan! :P

On a test track ......of course ;)

You'd win on the twisties, I'll concede that!

(whip your butt in a straight, private, line though ;) )

Most rally drivers take off in second and dont bother with first at all. They sit the car a 3k rpm and just dump the clutch.

Someone try it and see what you get. I cant as its not my car and there is no way Gem would do that.

Erm... what you'll get is a bill from MrT for a new clutch! Very bad idea to set off in the wrong gear especially at those revs and for dragging. Rally cars can do it becasue they're £1.5m, 300bhp mega cars with super dooper triple plate clutches and diff's etc... and they only set off in 2nd when in snow or really loose gravel as it's required for grip!

I'd love to pit my D-4D against a 1.3 just for the hell of it. The 1.3 has more power, but I have more torque than a T-Sport and its far more accessible. Hmm..... <_<

Who thinks they're hard enough? :lol:

A

I'll have a go! I'd like to see the difference between the two! If i could afford it, i'd be at TOC Track attack... i'd love a go!

Ive just done a search on auto trader to see how many of them are about!

theres 1 within 100miles of me and 6 within 200 miles!

CB :thumbsup:

Specifically wanted one from a Mr T dealer though! And i could have got one but they wanted to bring it from Edinburgh before i had seen it and commit to buy - No Way José

'll have a go! I'd like to see the difference between the two! If i could afford it, i'd be at TOC Track attack... i'd love a go!

I'd love to too, but I won't be at the Track Attack as I'd already booked my plane tickets for a weekend in France! Sorry... :(

I will, however be at JAE! ;)

A

'll have a go! I'd like to see the difference between the two! If i could afford it, i'd be at TOC Track attack... i'd love a go!

I'd love to too, but I won't be at the Track Attack as I'd already booked my plane tickets for a weekend in France! Sorry... :(

I will, however be at JAE! ;)

A

A ha... now that sounds like a plan, looks like im going to JAE too! :thumbsup:

Nice time :thumbsup:

Wish I could hold out for 60mph in second in the T-sport but always need to shift twice to get to 60. :lol:

Them 1.3's are spot on everyone i know who passes ther test i tell them to get a SR :thumbsup:

Nice time  :thumbsup:

Wish I could hold out for 60mph in second in the T-sport but always need to shift twice to get to 60.  :lol:

Them 1.3's are spot on everyone i know who passes ther test i tell them to get a SR  :thumbsup:

Now that's good advice!

It's a shame the t-sport has to shift, suppose that's the downfall of getting there quicker!

do you really buy a Hot hatch or an MR2 or a Supra to then drive everywhere at granny speeds? No you don't.

I do :lol::thumbsup:

do you really buy a Hot hatch or an MR2 or a Supra to then drive everywhere at granny speeds? No you don't.

I do :lol::thumbsup:

And respect to you for doing so! :thumbsup::lol:

I do :lol:  :thumbsup:

Nah... don't believe it... iv seen your runs at Santa Pod... no granny driver does that!

Nice time  :thumbsup:

Wish I could hold out for 60mph in second in the T-sport but always need to shift twice to get to 60.  :lol:

Them 1.3's are spot on everyone i know who passes ther test i tell them to get a SR  :thumbsup:

Now that's good advice!

It's a shame the t-sport has to shift, suppose that's the downfall of getting there quicker!

I suppose if you osessed with 0-60 then its a negative point but this is another reason why 0-60 dosnt mean much, if a T-sport could hold on to 60 in second then it would set a cracking time....but then might not be as quick out on the road or round a track.....I just love the short gear ratios even if it means i cant join in th 0-60 bragging down the publ lol

Still spot on id be interested to see your time with just you in the car and the seats taken out :thumbsup:

I suppose if you osessed with 0-60 then its a negative point but this is another reason why 0-60 dosnt mean much, if a T-sport could hold on to 60 in second then it would set a cracking time....but then might not be as quick out on the road or round a track.....I just love the short gear ratios even if it means i cant join in th 0-60 bragging down the publ lol

Still spot on id be interested to see your time with just you in the car and the seats taken out  :thumbsup:

Yeah, 0-60mph doesn't mean much at all really... it's in gear performance that matters really, and if you hit a track or a good road... handling is just as, if not more important that out and out speed.

Also, i wouldn't mind seeing my time just me and seats out too! Then with a 'charger on!! :lol: :D :thumbsup:

I havent tried it before myself .. but just interested to know how many revs you dumped the clutch and when you changed gear to 2nd?

Changed to second at about 6200rpm (just before limiter) at 28/29mph.

Not exactly sure, but i think between 2800-3200rpm. I'll try it again 2mora and find out for def!! :D

Don't try too many times! :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links