Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Just Wanna Be Kept Informed

Blue84

**slightly long post**

Hi Guys,

As most of you know I have a Yaris Blue 1.3 arriving soon..but I am bit peeved at the moment!!

When I got the T3 last year, I placed the order and was told by Jodie that she would keep me informed and let me know dates and registration, which never seemed to happen so my Parents, being as good as they are chased it all for me cos I was on shift work at the time and there was a DVLA problem which was stopping a lot of new registrations being issued, after two chase-ups Toyota got the message that I wanted to be called and kept informed, not a thing which is unexpected is it!?! It annoyed me that they never told me anything..

So I went to Toyota again..(but another dealership) nearly two weeks ago on my own and got the ok after a few delays to get the Blue...and a guy called Ian who did all the finance stuff called me on Weds said he would get the actual salesman "J" to call me to discuss dates and stuff ASAP but that never happened..again I had to work on Saturday (3 days later) and hadnt heard anything so my Dad called them, spoke to J & J said he would call back after 16.30 but that never happened until 16.30 Sunday but he did apologise a lot and said he would have the registration of it on Monday! He kept his word then, did call on Monday and told my Parents that he would have it first thing on Tuesday! I called him on my 15 min break at work yesterday morning as I hadnt heard anything but he was with a customer, and had to call again on my lunchbreak when I finally got the registration but got the impression that I was annoying him!!! :unsure: I obviously need a collection day so I can get the insurance changed over from the T3 and asked him when this would be, he said the Blue was in the workshop having the air-con fitted and he would know today (Wednesday) when it would be ready, but I havent been called :unsure:. Now when I am at work if I say I will call someone back then I keep my word and will do so!!

I have a day off work tomorrow, so will be available all day at home/on my mobile but I dont know what to do..I dont want to cancel or anything cos I want the new car so much...but it seems that as I went to the dealership on my own is it possible that he is trying to fob me off and thinks I wont care about the delay?? What shall I do? Have words? I just want to get things sorted!

Blue

be patient... but don't take any nonsence.. it's you who pays his wages after all. Don't p*** him off, be nice and to the point on the phone, appologise for "pestering" him (for want of btter description) but ask him if there is any update in the situation with reguard to your car, even play the litle girl lost card.. all excited about new car and can't wait, tell me tell me tell me,, make him laff at your excitement over the phone.

Edit: oops, sorry, swear filter caught me

Have words and kick off threatening to pull out due to inconvience caused and lack of responce, the salesman will soon be on it but round our way whenever we buy a new car the dealer has pre-ordered the reg's so we get to pick our's, guess your dealer hasn't thought of that :(

be patient... but don't take any nonsence.. it's you who pays his wages after all. Don't ***** him off, be nice and to the point on the phone, appologise for "pestering" him (for want of btter description) but ask him if there is any update in the situation with reguard to your car,  even play the  litle girl lost  card.. all excited about new car and can't wait, tell me tell me tell me,, make him laff at your excitement over the phone.

Never apologise and play hardball he get's a commision on your sale and if he loses it then he will be cheesed off for week's :yes:

Ken.. all i was meaning was.. if she can get the salesman on her side without any threats, he will be a lot more helpfull. I am in retail (although not cars) but if i had someone P-ing me off, and someone a little more friendly, i know who i would be more inclined to pull out the stops for.

Ok , he won't want to loose a sale... what if he is about to leave for another job, he won't give 2 hoots about loosing a sale, the comission aint that high.

But every situation is as individual as something as individual as an idividual( couldn't think of a really good example :lol:).. so it's up to blue at the end of the day. You don't want messed abot, but at the same time you need to stamp your authority on the deal without upsetting the salesman, it doesn't help.

I agree with Ken - *threaten* to walk - just say you want to know whats going on or else you'll go elsewhere! He has an obligation to you as a customer.

I really hate it when people promise to call and they dont - its such an inconvenience!

Pester him, you are his boss at the moment and if you say jump, he should say how high!

My Dad came with me when I ordered Karis, but when I ordered Kaori I did it alone and the Toyota centre couldnt do enough for me and kept all their promises - I was really impressed! She even rushed the sale through for me so I got it in super quick time, because of my circumstances.

Just be the pesty customer - then once you have the car, be nice as pie again! :thumbsup:

If stuff really isn't happening then find out the name of the person who's the next level up and explain the situation to them... Normally a little bit of butt gets kicked and things start happening.

My father has called the MD of the garage group he buys his Toyotas from when there were a series of problems with Toyota Insurance's Total Loss Department mucking me about. He didn't get straight through, but he did get to his right-hand man. Needless to say, things started moving soon after ;) Might be worth a shot if the being nice (always my default solution for these things) fails.

Let us know how you get on,

Alan

Just wanted to add aswell Blue - the questionnaire that Toyota get you to fill in in crucial to the salespersons commission (thats what Suzanne at Farmer & Carlisle told me anyway!) and if they get one "average" or "bad" then they get penalised money wise!

You could always let it carry on and then once you get your questionnaire, tell the truth and complain about his lack of customer service - it'll sting him right in the pocket!

Apparently Toyota like to be pretty hot on Customer Service and Satisfaction.....

Yeah i'm with Ken and Em, Culvers kept me informed of everything that was happening when i bought my CDX, and the salesman, Dave, did everything personally whenever he could, but have to say that i wouldn't be shy about giving your dealer what for Tina, in fact i'd give them a major amount of stick for it! After all they are in the customer service business and your not being served how you would like to be...

They are there for you at the end of the day - if it wasn't for customers they would be out of a job, and you can make the difference between them going to Skegness or Sydney if your not happy with the way you have been treated!

If your too nice to them, they will think that they can put your order on the back burner as your less likely to kick off - years in customer services industries has taught me that much!

Hi,

This is just not acceptable. When I bought my previous car (not Toyota) the sales person was fantastic. He kept me informed of everything and didn't hesitate to call if there was a query on things (and always called me back if need be).

Blue, always remember that you're spending a fair amount of money with this guy. He's got you on finance, which he gets extra commission for and he's sold you a brand new car. Don't accept anything less than the best and take up customer service issues at the appropriate time. Mention that you've had to chase them for information and 'call backs' have not been fulfilled.

Good luck!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice...an odd thing happened today, I got a text from the dealership saying "thank you for booking in your car with us at 8 am on 08/03/05. Kindest Regards Lookers Toyota ********"...yet they havent called me and I havent called them (yet) so god knows what that means... :unsure::unsure: I will call them shortly and enquire!! I cant go on Tuesday anyway as I am working from 8.30-6.00 and so is my Dad who needs to come with me for the Finance stuff..

I did take photo's of the T3 tho after I got her cleaned by a hand car wash near Lakeside :thumbsup: Here you go:

yarisclean0303.jpg

yarisshiny0303.jpg

yarislowds0303.jpg

yarisreardslow.jpg

And finally rear shot complete with toyotaownersclub.com sticker ;)

yarisfullrear0303.jpg

Another Update - I called Toyota at about 16.20 and the guy was with a customer, it got to nearly 6pm and I hadnt got a call back like they said I would get! but then the phone rang and it was Toyota...he said that the car is all ready, but it hasnt had the air con fitted as the Technician who has to do it has been off sick..so to cut a long story short I am getting it on Saturday and she will have the air-con fitted another time....I will get it in writing aswell that they will fit it later too.

Called Tesco, changed the insurance over from Saturday and is going to cost me an extra £10 a month..which is better than I thought :yes::yes::yes:

Well that's good news though pity about the air con. Still, they can fit it later, as you say.

You've beaten me to it. I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered to the dealers. That should be tomorrow so Sunday/Monday for me to pick up (I hope).

Don't forget to let us know your first impressions. New car excitement!

Enjoy your new 'Blue', Blue! :thumbsup:

Well at least you are getting the car - thats the main thing!

I still cant believe they couldnt tell you the air con guy was off sick earlier though - thats just not on! You'd think they'd have more than one technicial who could fit it too..... :rolleyes:

Dont let the mess you about when it comes to fitting the air con though! Get them to fit it ASAP! Don't take no for an answer!!

Glad to here everything is finally working out for you but definately make sure that you get it in writing that they will fit the Air Conditioning at another time or if you can wait a day or two get them to do it for you before you collect it then it saves any disputes once you have the car

Yarisldc

...he said that the car is all ready, but it hasnt had the air con fitted as the Technician who has to do it has been off sick..

You'd have thought that the car would have had it done at production, knowing that it is a model which has air con as standard... Seems silly to do it afterwards, and your situation proves my point!

Nice pics btw!

be patient... but don't take any nonsence.. it's you who pays his wages after all. Don't ***** him off, be nice and to the point on the phone, appologise for "pestering" him (for want of btter description) but ask him if there is any update in the situation with reguard to your car,  even play the   litle girl lost   card.. all excited about new car and can't wait, tell me tell me tell me,, make him laff at your excitement over the phone.

Never apologise and play hardball he get's a commision on your sale and if he loses it then he will be cheesed off for week's :yes:

a guy i know works for bmw, and if he sells a new z4 3.0 he gets the grand total of 250............................

...he said that the car is all ready, but it hasnt had the air con fitted as the Technician who has to do it has been off sick..

You'd have thought that the car would have had it done at production, knowing that it is a model which has air con as standard... Seems silly to do it afterwards, and your situation proves my point!

Nice pics btw!

The Yaris Blues dont have air con as standard - Blue got it as a free optional extra so it has to be fitted to the car.

Yup Em's right I got it fitted free :D

I've de-stickered the car tonight, and removed everything out of her too sos she's all empty. Drove her a bit harder than normal tonight to burn some extra fuel, shes got two bars left now..which is about right as I have a 22 mile round trip to work and back in the morning, and then will have to go another 12 miles or so to the dealership.

Gotta sort out her paperwork and stuff tonight though :( :(

Awww you'll be so sad to see her go - I was with Karis (although granted my situation was different!) I cried when I saw her - and when I left!

Mean it about the air con though - find out tomorrow when they are fitting it and dont let them forget about you - nag them until they do it - the sale isn't over until the air con is fitted and dont let them forget it - they have messed you about too much already IMO.....

I definately wont let them give me any more hassle..my Dad is coming with me and I know that he wont let them get away with anything, he's good like that ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links