Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For T Sport

T-Sporty

Hi all,

Glad i fouund this forum because you may be able to help me with some answers.

I have set in my mind to buy a Yaris T sport , i haven't even driven one yet just seen pictures on the net :)

I have about £6500 to spend so what age can i expect ?

Anything to look out for in faults ect ?

I have seen on the net a grey one for £6500 on a 02 plate ??

Are these cars smaller than a new shape corsa ?

my mate just bought a Y reg t-sport the other day for £6495 if thats any help

Im sure when we bought ours (51) reg the T-Sport was not released yet. :S

Mine may be up for sale next week! If your interested:

2001 Y

Yaris T-Sport

Thunder Grey

28600 miles

It's in near perfect condition. A few small scratches here and there as with every car - but they dissappear with t-cut. And the odd few stone chips on the bonnet which I have touched up :) (again you will find this on EVERY yaris).

£6000 ono.

Its also been lowered by 30mm which makes it look a LOT tidier. If your looking to go down the modified root then you'll probably want to go lower, but at this height it looks great and you can still take speed bumps without any scraping at all!

PM me if your interested. Pics on the link below (bear in mind the wheels and exhaust are no longer on the car).

his car is very tidy, saw it up close last weekend :thumbsup: and pretty good millage aswell mines same year and done about 15-20k more

thanks for all the replies , not sure now , seen one today and they are smaller than i expected... will have a think about it.

But when you get in a Yarii they arent that small to drive - I sat in the back of my old one and was surpised at the room, also had my old one full with 4 adult passengers (3 in the back obv) and they were all amazed at how roomy is was, looks can be deceiving ;)

Small is part of the fun (as someone who went into dealers for a corolla and came out with.... another Yaris!). :yes:

They do indeed look small, but trust me/us, they are like a tardis... acres of room inside... im 6ft 3" tall (and fairly wide!) and out of all the cars iv sat in at motorshows etc... this is in the top 3 for space and comfort!

There's a great sense of airiness in the cabin too, and passengers are well catered for with adjustable rear bench! Ok, the boot isn't massive, but what small car's is?! And loads will still fit in... have a look at the 'SR's got to go' topic for reference.

It is smaller than a Corsa, but it doesn't have the corsa's fundamental flaw.... being a Vauxhall Corsa.

Other notable points are as follows...

1. Japanese, so will be utterly reliable

2. Not at all common, so exclusivity is a bonus

3. They look really hot! (and cute for the laydees!)

4. My 1.3 SR goes like stink, and the T-Sport is quicker!

5. It handles like Zeus riding a lightning bolt!

6. It's very cheap insurance, great MPG and is overall very cheap to run.

7. It's the safest car in it's class

8. I could go on all night, but at the end of the day, it's your money, and you buy what you want without judgement from us... unless you buy a Corsa, then you're just a fool. A really really really big fool. With neon lights above your head flashing the word 'fool'.

The above post translates as "Don't buy a corsa!" :lol:

Got a test drive booked tomz in a yaris t sport.

Drove a 1.8 sri corsa today on a 03 plate and it was quick. I'll see how the yaris compares tomz.

When I had the accident in my last Yaris they gave me a Corsa as a hire car......

Lets just say I was sooo glad to get back into a Yaris! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1.8 sri corsa's are poor on fuel and high on insurance. and looks like every other corsa out there. oh and its a vauxhall! :P

jap all the way!

Got a test drive booked tomz in a yaris t sport.

Drove a 1.8 sri corsa today on a 03 plate and it was quick. I'll see how the yaris compares tomz.

You'll find the Vauxhall a tad faster, but its more likely to break down. Plus its like 5 insurance groups higher, or sommin stupid like that! It also looks like any other vauxhall corsa, the engine isn't very refined and the cabin is quite loud compared to the Yaris.

The Yaris just feels like a much more solid car!

not much quicker for a 1.8!!!

Hence the engine isn't very refined. It still amazes me today how much power the Yaris's 1.5 beast pushed out.

Hiya.........!!

Bought my 51 plate Flame Gold TS back in October last year and paid about 6800 for it, and that was from a main Toyota dealer aswell, i reckon that your money could buy you something quite nice :-) And once you make that step you will never go back i am sure.

Like with everyone else, avoid corsas like the plague, i used to have an older shape 1.0 sting, it was without doubt the worst motoring mistake i have ever made, if it could have broken......... it did!

Good luck with it and have fun :thumbsup:

Pretty damm impressed with the TS , now to find one in my price region :)

One thing is how do i know if it's a uk car and not an import , i don't do imports.

Any signs to give it away ?? other than paperwork?

Japanese ones are called Vitz and not Yaris - Yaris is most parts of Europe and its the Echo in the USA and Oz! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links