Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 5 Back Brakes

pedro7680

needing new pads on the back, ive never done a set of back pads, so wondering whats the in's and outs?.

do i leave hand brake off etc etc????

just the hnd brake bit im wondering about, dnt fancygiving mr T another 100 quid

Yeah. Piece of cake to do. Handbrake on. jack car up. Remove wheels. Cant remember if it`s a 12 or 14 mm bolt on back of caliper. Undo it. Give the caliper a bit of a push back and forth to push piston slightly back into caliper then swing it up off the caliper bracket. Whip the old pads out and put new ones in. Smear a little bit of copper grease on the backs of the pads and a tiny bit each end where they contact the anti rattle clips the n as they say. Reasembly is a reversal of removal. Job done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

are the handbrake pads inside the rear drums as on the gen 6 ???if so its the same as doing the fronts piece o cake :thumbsup:

i believe they are, should be finding out soon enough for certain, going for the ST185-ST205 rear brake conversion as soon as i can afford disc's, pads and locating pins.but thats after replacing the burst shock :( does the list ever end?

i believe they are, should be finding out soon enough for certain, going for the ST185-ST205 rear brake conversion as soon as i can afford disc's, pads and locating pins.but thats after replacing the burst shock :( does the list ever end?

NO :crybaby::crybaby:

update

back brake pads. Halfords only sell front pads?

do i need to specially order them or will front ones be the same,

daft questaion probably

update

back brake pads.  halfords only sell front pads?

do i need to specially order them or will front ones be the same,

daft questaion probably

Back ones are smaller. Try Unipart/Partco. They do Blueprint pads for most jap models. Or MrT for the genuine thing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

anyne got the part number for the back pads on a 1991 st 183?

going to doit this week

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links