Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Mobile Phone Virus/'s

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

Ok ppl, some of you may have seen on the news about virus's transfered via mobile phones. Well, I think I may have possibly contracted one!! I been texting a friend back in Hong Kong for about a week now, and yesterday afternoon (Sunday) the phone had switched itself off. So I turned it back on, and saw there was no signal bars and no Service name (Vodafone).

I turned it off and on again a cpl of times, but to no avail. Took phone to Nokia repair centre and the guy said he would have to send it back to Nokia. It was then that I remembered about the new reporting of virus's on mobile phones, and told him that I had been texting to HK, and could a virus have possibly been sent through to me. Enquiring if a virus could have been sent, he said it is possible, cos they have been fore-warned of possible mobile phone virus transfers.

They can either freeze up the phone, cause no network coverage (mine), cause the phone no to be able to switch on, or anything else un-toward.

So, boys and girls, if your phone starts playing up, it may have a virus in it. They only transfer via texting tho, NOT via voice calls. And it's not just international texting, it can be within the same country as you. Norton Anti-Virus, here you come.....

You can only get viruses on the new mini PC phones, as they use Windows CE (or similar) .. there is no way to send executable code via a text message.

But don't the phone companies send you 'sim updates' via Txt messaging?

Also Symbian phones can be infected. like my old p900 :crybaby:

Symbian can get infected too, I've just got a Nokia 6630 :)

My phone froze up a couple of weeks ago when I was out for the weekend and I couldnt use it, was a bit worried at first but cant remember much of the night so probably broke it somehow. In saying that, ive been getting a lot of funny txts recently. :wacko:

I got the Nokia 7610, which uses the Symbian OS. And I have used it a couple of times b4 to go online. Also, it had chinese language added to the system too, but not from a proper Nokia repair centre. Might have got something from their laptop. But that was about a month ago tho. Well, the phones gone to Nokia now, so hopefully, they'll be able to sort it. !Removed! gits, these virus creating ppl should find something more constructive to do with their time, like hacking into rich git's bank accounts and re-distributing some of their wealth among us lowly paid citizens.

!Removed! gits, these virus creating ppl should find something more constructive to do with their time, like hacking into rich git's bank accounts and re-distributing some of their wealth among us lowly paid citizens.

:lol::lol:

I like that idea :thumbsup:

Viruses?? :lol::lol: What happened to things just breaking??

my 6230 broke, it just died, would not turn on... a virus? no, it was just shagged.

Nokia design their products to fail after a short time so people have to replace them... they sometimes get it wrong and they start failing early!!!!!!

Doesn;t bother me personally as every year I get a new phone for free with my contract, if it breaks before then its under is 1 year manufactuerer warrentee :D

I'd still like to see a sudden increase in my bank balance Mr Computer Hacker.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links