Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying An Apexi Air Filter For T Sport

admanirv

Im buying an apexi aif filter, im going to relocate possilby near the left driver lamp, is there much work involved and wil it be easy, i know a few guys who have done this, think kimi has.

Or i can go down the route that earpl has, but im unsure if people have just feed cold air field from oringinal one?

ANy one any suggestions or walkthough, pic etc

im soon to add a heat shield. :P

but very good choice of filter there mate!

Yeah i noticed you rigged a cold air filter do it, just wondering if you lost performance or not, ive been looking into heat shield.

Would be easier to locate in standard place then add heat shield, though i relocated to behind headlamp, i woulndt need one, relocating seem preaty hard, with some hard work involved.

Just been thinking couldnt we fit an apexi in the oringinal air box, then cover oringinal air box in carbon fire, and hook up cold air pipe to the oe pipe and possilby get rid of the gap.

I know the standard box is restrictive, but of course main prob with open air is too much heat. downside of this is if the apexi is in the air box then you'll get hardly any sound, but doenst bother me as im after just performance.

you dont really get much performance change from filters what ever you do with them mate. its not really worth the effort.....

your right, so performance wise would i better off with the standard air filter?, though im getting different exhuast system so the air filter combined would be better than just a different exhast systme and standard air box

dont get me wrong, it does help it breath a lot easier, an mine did feel a lot more responsive, as it did when fitting zorst. but performance wise, not a great deal...... but it all helps :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I OWN A 1,3LT YARIS (JAPAN),I AM FROM GREECE!!!I HAVE SEEN A HEATSHIELD ON A CIVIC TYPE-R AND IT IS REALLY EFFECTIVE ON DROPPING THE AIR TEMPRATURE!!!I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A HEATSHIELD FOR MY YARIS!!! :help::help:

IS THERE A HEATSHIELD?AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST????

Ain't heat shields usually just a bent bit of metal curved around outside of filter? i may be bein naive but i don't see that dropping loads off the temperature? unless is it sposta work by guiding the air into the filter so it doesnt kick about gettin hot before hand?

A heat sheild will stop about 30% of the heat entering the apexi in a Yaris simply because of the engine bay layout.

Right now, there are no heat shields available that i am aware of, you gotta make your own!

A heat sheild will stop about 30% of the heat entering the apexi in a Yaris simply because of the engine bay layout.

Right now, there are no heat shields available that i am aware of, you gotta make your own!

but then you either choke it not getting enough air.

i just relocated mine like kimi, right to the front

but then you either choke it not getting enough air.

i just relocated mine like kimi, right to the front

True, you can, but that's where a CAI is to be used! But yes, relocation is the best method by far... just a bit more work to do though!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links