Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tapping Into Autochanger On Yaris Audio

andymarkavery

Hi,

I want to attach my portable MP3 player to the built in Yaris radio. I figure there are some line level inputs where the auto changer would plug in. How can I tap into these and make the head unit believe that a CD player is attached so I can select it with the correct button.

Thanks for your help

Andy

Hi and welcome along mate! :thumbsup:

I'm sure an ICE expert will be along soon to help you! :D

I've considered that, but I like the idea of a small piece of wire coming out of the dash to plug it in, no messing with cigarette lighters etc.

I'll plump for that if I can't use a 50p connector to do the job!

Get a cradle for it (Presuming it has cradle capabilities) and attach it with the branded changer to toyota connector, then there´s no cutting of wires etc!!!

Iv done this and you need to buy a connects2 line-in device. (about £50) This plugs into the rear of your headunit and offers great quality. I then whacked a cradle into the passenger storage pod, ran a 3.5mm - phono cable through the dash and into the unit which is tucked away under all the electrics at the back of the dash and it's a lovely install, with 20gb of quality music on tap!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links