Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Project.

earpl

after shedin a bit of weight and getting the Tsport down to around 906kg, using BP ultimate and a fule aditive to get the fuel around 100ron. i decided to take it to work and do a little test on our quarry road :P

getting an average 0-60 of 7.84 seconds over 6 runs. the two video's bellow are of the best and worse times. if you load them in windows movie maker you can see the exact time plus you can chop it and get the other times;

0-50 = 5.90

0-40 = 4.14

0-30 = 2.70

and so on :D

www.robertboyle.co.uk/videos/0-60-2.wmv

www.robertboyle.co.uk/videos/0-60-1.wmv

might even go faster if i wasnt 20st :P

nice chris looks like u sat on the limiter for a tad of a second get the gear changes a tad quicker an sha boom i mite have to sort a race day with you soon when my projects complete :ph34r:

nice one :) , how did u get the weight down to 906kg? by taking out all the junk in ya car? wot is the orginial weight?

Ray

original weight is 995kg

quickest time was 7.58 seconds but your always best off taking an average from the runs.

Very nice. But I hate to put a downer on things. That will not be your 0-60 time. The Yaris speedo isn't accurate. Dead on 60 on the speedo is around 55 to 56. I was quite surprised, because compared to other cars it's pretty inaccurate! The CRX I have, when at 60 its actually oing 58-59 :o

But still. You must be sitting on 8seconds or just below. Get some engine mods in it! :D

if thats using the gps theory, ive used 2 different makes of reciever on my ipaq both giving different results in the same car.

Have you tried Speed Sentry? It records your max speed too and seems to be prettymuch in agreement with my Snooper - tomtom seems miles off. I always take the Snooper as being "more correct" as its role is dedicated to monitoring speeds and my PDA is doing god knows what else in the background!

If you were to "calibrate" your speedo against a radar detector (ie its showing 63, but I know that's only 60) you can just time until the speedo reaches that speed instead.

I'm waffling now... :!Removed!:

A

Nah, using one of these. My mate borrowed one a while back and we put it to use in some cars: http://www.gtechpro.com/

I got 8.8 on a wet day. Not too shabby. But the needle on the speedo was deffiently over 60 by 4-5mph.

But to be honest. We all know that what the speedo says is wrong anyway. It's the same with all cars.

Still, the Yaris has gotta be pretty nippy with a lot of weight thrown out. I think it's probably the best performance mod you can do to the car. And it is completely free.

after shedin a bit of weight and getting the Tsport down to around 906kg, using BP ultimate and a fule aditive to get the fuel around 100ron. i decided to take it to work and do a little test on our quarry road :P

getting an average 0-60 of 7.84 seconds over 6 runs. the two video's bellow are of the best and worse times. if you load them in windows movie maker you can see the exact time plus you can chop it and get the other times;

0-50 = 5.90

0-40 = 4.14

0-30 = 2.70

and so on :D

www.robertboyle.co.uk/videos/0-60-2.wmv

www.robertboyle.co.uk/videos/0-60-1.wmv

might even go faster if i wasnt 20st :P

Sounds good mate,what exactly did you gut out ,whats the score with getting fuel to 100ron rating??.

Can a roling road give 0-60 times, how would go about getting an accurate 0-60 time

socks, those things are terrible!! you have to maintain a level surface for the best results. seriously do not trust those.

ad. rolling roads should.... 97 ron plus additive. loads of crap from the interior came our eg, seats wheels, door crap etc.

socks, those things are terrible!! you have to maintain a level surface for the best results. seriously do not trust those.

ad. rolling roads should.... 97 ron plus additive. loads of crap from the interior came our eg, seats wheels, door crap etc.

Quality mate, a real fast yaris t sport, id love to do one of those *****ty saxo vts's

So what exactly have you taken out? Back seats? Etc... list the crap which is now found in your garage (i presume)

it was on a level straight road.... it does say it may be 0.2mph +/- out. Anyhow. Kinda wish I was keeping the Yaris now. Could strip it out first (like you earpl), slam on some coilovers and get some braces to tighten the car up, then tune the NA as much as possible!

Still, it's a lot of work. There's just not enough tuning potential in these nifty engines!

Can you clarify what NA Tuning is? Its on GT4 and I can only guess its lighting pistons and so forth.

Yeh that word came to mind at some point. So really its engine tuning and lightening without the turbo/super chargers.

Just an FYI-- extra octane does nothing for an engine which does not require it. Scientific fact. Save yourself some money next time you do a run, mate. You got some good times just the same though. You shaved nearly a second off the stock 0-60 time they give in most reviews I've read. Well done.

Very good time chris.... nice work!

In response to all this 'you didn't really hit 60mph' crap.... does it really matter?? Can anybody on here name a car that has a 100% accurate speedo.... other than a £300k supercar?? Didn't think so... if every car is out by similar amounts then it all counts where it matters most.... beating the tw*t sat next to you at the lights revving his engine! :lol::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links