Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt Alu Spoiler

Ismael

Hi,

well I wanted smthing different from all yaris. The 1.0L yaris will never be a performance car but it can be quite good looking with some mods. This is also an aspect of tuning...well in my opinion.

have u seen these pic:

vitz-rs2_r.jpg

vitz-rs2_f.jpg

doesnt it look great??

pics taken from: http://www.c-one.co.jp/C-ONEPARTS/vitz-rs.html

Cheers

Ismael

sorry but i agree

GT wings belong on GT cars in which they aid with positive downforce!

just a bt of flimsy ally extrusion is all it makes on a yaris!

dont mean to be nasty, trying to be constructive!

but whatever floats ya boat :)

On second thoughts, it looks fine. I've just seen a similar spoiler mounted on the back of a Smart fortwo - It WAS too big and made the thing look like a pushchair!

I know what you mean about the Yaris getting narrower as it goes up - look good :thumbsup:

A

Ismael:

Those pics you posted from C-One, if I'm not wrong, belong to a tuned Yaris that (correct me if I'm wrong), has a tuned engine, perhaps a turbo (Idon't think C-One will add a hood scoop with no reason), carbon fiber hood, etc. That definetely ain't an everyday Yaris my friend...

I bet that car has at least 150 hp's... and well, still that GT Wing ain't there for performance at all, BUT, due to the more "real" sport upgrades on this car, it will kinda be more "understood" not yet "accepted", at least in my book.

Hi,

well guys I agree with you all but who knows...maybe my engine bay will be getting some new engine and turbo 1 of those days !! Till then, I have added the GT spoiler !! :D

Just kidding. I agree that there is no big deal in adding the spoiler. No stability increase or performance etc. It falls in the category of neons, decals etc then! Just for looks. :rolleyes: Anyway, I want my yaris to be different and I have added my touch...my taste. I respect your opinions also.

Cheers

Ismael

Not my taste at all and it's actually going to seriously decrease your performance as it's sucking the rear of the car down, forcing the front wheels up, and it's those that do the driving!

BUT!

Its very good in the context of the car as a whole! You obviously like the individuality aspect of visual design and in that respect it looks very good... striking, over the top and in ya face... exactly what your car seems to be trying to be!

It amuses me how you think putting an Alu spoiler on your yaris is original and different?

Every time I walk home through homebase I see aluminum spoilers on the back of lots of cars - 1.0 106's, 1.0 Saxos, 306's Fiestas EVERYONE is doing it...

Also you do realise as far as performance is concerned, you are going to use more petrol, and create more drag. Yaris's are perfectly areo dynmaic as it is.

If the spoiler were to have any effect, it'd be putting downforce on the rear wheels, and last time i looked your car was front wheel drive.

Last time i looked, he lives in Mauritius.... not exactly car tuning capital of the world.... so in his situation, i believe it will be unique!

Not that im saying i like it, id rather glue a dog !Removed! to the roof, just backing the guy up!

Each to their own - he likes it which is the main thing!

I dont like it personally, but its his choice at the end of the day. Its there for styling, not performance. And by styling I mean his personal style! Might not be the ideal spoiler for a car like the Yaris but its what he likes!

I say good on ya hun! :thumbsup:

Last time i looked, he lives in Mauritius.... not exactly car tuning capital of the world.... so in his situation, i believe it will be unique!

Not that im saying i like it, id rather glue a dog !Removed! to the roof, just backing the guy up!

That is a very good point - I take my words back about the common thing.

Decals? As far as I know, decals on the side doors saying "TRD" or "BLITZ" are placed there when you actually got that equipment in your car. I don't think of it as a "looks" factor, unless you place them there without having such equipment, which is too stupid.

Oh, maybe you meant decals as in flames, drawings, etc. That's okay though.

I like that little car, where might one get one of those?!?!

rofl2.gif

Hi,

in Mauritius we do have alu spoilers on other cars but concerning the yaris, I am probably the first or second. Actually, since the day I got my Yaris, I always wanted an Alu spoiler. Yaris WRC has 1 also (I know he has a tuned engine etc which I dont have). By the way, have u guys come across these...(not from Mauritius though but from the net :bye: )

Spoiler1

Spoiler2

Cheers

Ismael :group-cuddles:

Not bad Ismael each to their own! :yes:

That white one you posted up has nice wheels but thats about it! :thumbsup:

Hi,

in Mauritius we do have alu spoilers on other cars but concerning the yaris, I am probably the first or second. Actually, since the day I got my Yaris, I always wanted an Alu spoiler. Yaris WRC has 1 also (I know he has a tuned engine etc which I dont have). By the way, have u guys come across these...(not from Mauritius though but from the net :bye: )

Spoiler1

Spoiler2

Cheers

Ismael :group-cuddles:

Damn! That's one TREMENDOUSLY ridiculous and ugly spoiler dude...

just one question....WHY :unsure:

that white ones horrible :eek:

The white one is HILARIOUS.

I actually spit my drink out laughing at it :lol:

It AMAZES me that someone actually thinks that looks "cool" it really does...hahaha

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links