Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Today!

Ryan1985

Okay, got my 60k mile service done today and it came to an outstandingly stupidily high amount!

£251, lucky I was sitting down when I was phoned tbh!

Is it normal to change coolant and brake fluid when doing this service?

That was with my Gold discount aswell but guess who just made their whole £25 back! :D

All in all though, not amused! :angry:

Yeah, that's steep Ryan - where did you go?

A

Arnold Clark in Ayr, Alan! :angry:

I get my student loan in in 5 days time luckily enough, I'll be needing it! The car needs to stay mashed for a while yet though! :crybaby:

True - and your in the motherland which is normally cheaper - I used to get my bigger services for around the 220 mark - but that was in buckinghamshire ..

i had mine done a couple of weeks ago along with the MOT and it came to £135. that was at rapid fit and they also stamped the service log

Yeah, that's steep Ryan, thats bad, if we were doing it here worst case if we had not seen the car before and do a FULL SERVICE on it e.g plugs, air, pollen, check breaks ect, would cost €230 never mind £ if it did not need tyres or pads or anything else outside the normal sevice.

T3R810.jpg

Sorry m8 i had to say it.. no way would i go to Arnold Clark, not a hope in hell's chance.

Why didn't you go to a local garage?.. could have done the same job at a fraction of the cost

thats about the same as wot mine cost last week. would have bin £320 or so if i didn't get a discount. Its !Removed! stupid, its a 1 litre yaris not a lamborghini gallardo.

And yes, they asked me if i wanted my coolant changing. Apparrantly it needs doing after every 10k from now on, depending on wot coolant they use.

Dont know why they asked me tho. If it needs doing it needs doing! Next they'll asked if i want the oil changing.

The car dont feel like its bin serviced. Normally the controls feel a tad sweeter, but not this time. And they were meant to phone me up about the window they failed to fix. Not heard from them........

Dont they give you a breakdown of what costed what etc?

they do me, parts seem ok. labour costs me 200+ smackers!

Not on

:censor:

by the way.......

who has had their window seal looked at? Think they call it the window channel.

Mine needs looking at and they have quoted me £150 to fix.

This is overpriced again surely?

Any suggestions.

I must admit once my warranty runs out I'll be going to an indie garage - theres just no need to pay those sorts of prices if you dont have any warranty connection!

Dont they give you a breakdown of what costed what etc?

Yeah clarky but labour was the killer once again! Oh by the way, I moaned and groaned and moaned some more and they dropped the price to £225 by not charging me for some things, so if you think a service is overpriced just moan and they'll whip some cash off just like that! :D :yes:

I give up with Toyota, their aftersales are PI5H!!! :thumbsup:

I understand that Toyota now requires that Toyota Main Dealers advise customers about the exact cost of the service at the time of booking it in and that they must obtain permission from the owner before carrying out any further chargeable work.

When I booked our 1.0GS in for its 50,000 miles service the receptionist made sure that I was aware that I had been informed of the cost in case Toyota quizzed me on it later!

I wouldn't worry, i had my 60K service done in december and it cost me.........

£350!!!!!!! but that was with a lot of changing of parts and labour so not too bad. The dealer was Twickenham Mr. T by the way. :ffs:

Its a worry - used Sims Toyota in Northampton for my last service before the warranty exprired - think it was around the 200 mark. That was the full works ...

But since then my local place will do the service using their service items for 50. This was ok, but I ended up agreeing with them that I could supply my own service items (plugs, oil and filter) and they'd do the service for 35.

TBH I can do it myself - but for 35 its a day of my time not wasted.

Sorry Ryan - how long do you have to go before end of your warranty mate?

Arnold Clark - the Kwiksave of motoring :rolleyes:

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole...

A

That the Perth branch ? My mate fell out with them and abandoned the car he'd bought in there reception. They had the doors open to move cars about and he drove his straight in and dumped it touching the reception desk - before asking to see the manager!

Good skills!

Okay, got my 60k mile service done today and it came to an outstandingly stupidily high amount!

£251, lucky I was sitting down when I was phoned tbh!

Is it normal to change coolant and brake fluid when doing this service?

That was with my Gold discount aswell but guess who just made their whole £25 back! :D

All in all though, not amused! :angry:

Thats £251 for a stamp in a book and an oil change.You have their word that they have completed a number of inspections one of which should have been the engine valves.Do you think they drain and replace the brake and clutch fluid or just top it up?

My last main dealer service was at 2yrs and the cost was refunded in full.They were unable to convince me that they could inspect(that word again)the rear brakes without removing the cable ties an the rear wheel trims.

That the Perth branch ?  My mate fell out with them and abandoned the car he'd bought in there reception.  They had the doors open to move cars about and he drove his straight in and dumped it touching the reception desk - before asking to see the manager!

Good skills!

No, just in general! Was it the Arnold Clark Fiat in Perth - supposedly they're bad even for a Fiat dealer. Nice one though... :lol:

Speaking of which... one of my mates paid over £450 for the 60,000 miles service on his Alfa 147 1.6 Twinspark. He claims its the first and only time he's going to get his car serviced...

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links