Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Today!

Ryan1985

I must admit once my warranty runs out I'll be going to an indie garage - theres just no need to pay those sorts of prices if you dont have any warranty connection!

Hey Guys + Gals. Been reading without contributing to your great Yaris forum for a while. I have a new yaris due for delivery in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!! :thumbsup:

Anyway about servicing. I take it everyone is aware that going to an Indie garage to get your car serviced while it is under warranty is allowed. As long as original manufacturer parts are used etc. Aparantly in a what car? survey, Mr T came out best about telling their customers.. although no manufacturer will volunteer the info. Check out the following link for the full SP, or if it doesn't work, it is under news/ buying and owning/ Dealers exposed 18th feb 2005

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/News_Article.asp?...mcurrentresults

Apologies if I am stating the obvious :eek:

Not stating the obvious to me - I wasnt aware of this at all!

So basically you can go indie as long as they use Toyota parts? I'm just concerned that the local F1 Autocentre (or wherever) wont carry official Toyota parts - how would I know which indie would?

PS - Great news on the brand new Yaris - you'll have to post some pics when you get it! :yes::thumbsup:

Not stating the obvious to me - I wasnt aware of this at all!

So basically you can go indie as long as they use Toyota parts? I'm just concerned that the local F1 Autocentre (or wherever) wont carry official Toyota parts - how would I know which indie would?

PS - Great news on the brand new Yaris - you'll have to post some pics when you get it!  :yes:  :thumbsup:

Thanks folks :D I will definitely be posting some pics when she arrives.

As for the servicing, the official line is this:

"Car owners are free to shop around for servicing and should ask a number of main dealers and independent garages to quote for work.

‘If you want to use a non-franchised garage, remember to always stick to the manufacturer’s servicing schedule and to use only a VAT-registered workshop. Ensure genuine manufacturer parts are used and get a receipt with serial numbers so you can prove this. Keep a record of all servicing work and ensure the workshop stamps your schedule.’

Last year the Office of Fair Trading forced car manufacturers to remove warranty clauses that insisted servicing work should be carried out only by franchised dealers."

In my mind, the slight inconvenience of making sure all the above is stuck to by an indie garage, is tiny compared to the amount of time I would have to work for the extra £50 - £100 a franchised garage would charge!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links