Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall !

SilverT4

When I took my Prius in for its 20k service, the asked me if I had received a letter from Toyota about a recall. I haven't !

Apparantly there is a recall for a potentially faulty brake light switch which stops the brake lights working. They have checked my switch and it does require replacement.

However ..... it appears that Toyota have not had the foresight to actually supply there dealers with replacement switches and they have to be specially ordered.

So the car has to go in again when the part arrives.

So if and when you receive the recall letter, it might be prudent to ask your dealer if they do have the replacement parts - otherwise you will be making two trips instead of one.

Details of the safety recall can be found on this website.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

The notice was issued on the 14th March and relates to faulty stop lamp switches affecting 1109 vehicles.

Also as part of the recall (but not a safety issue) are replacement of a bonnet seal and issue of a new updated owners manual.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody had a letter from Toyota about this yet ?

Its over three weeks since they posted it on the Vosa web site. I thought safety issues were treated with some urgency !

I don't have a letter yet but I'm not surprised. As Iv'e said before, Toyota turn out some great cars but the dealer network and Toyota(GB) let the side down.

I don't have a letter yet  but I'm not surprised. As Iv'e said before, Toyota turn out some great cars but the dealer network and Toyota(GB) let the side down.

Got mine today, recorded delivery. Maybe they've been reading these threads again :yes:

As stated before, it's a change of stop light switch and, while they're at it, a change of bonnet seal. Work is predicted to take two hours and, get this, as stated in the letter "can be carried out while you wait".

Hands up who's idea of fun is 2 hours sat in a Toyota dealers? :arrgg-matey:

Ah ! I have a recorded delivery letter waiting at the Post Office, as I was out when they tried to deliver it yesterday. I was wondering what it could be - Doh ! I was convinced I'd won the Readers digest prize draw !

Don't they have a Playstation in your dealer ?

I've not had a letter yet, maybe they're working their way through the alphabet?

Playstation, hah!

That'll be a no then.

Took it in for the recall job today

Got a bottle of Champagne - compliments of Toyota !

Just chilling it in the fridge !!!!

Took it in for the recall job today

Got a bottle of Champagne - compliments of Toyota !

Just chilling it in the fridge !!!!

Well I'll be ******d!

Will be interesting to see if we all get one :yes:

As a matter of interest, was is a while you wait job?

Thanks for the notification T4;

checked my dad's yesterday, and he is OK ie not in the vin band specified at the VOSA website.

does he still require the seal nad the new handbook though?

rickers

Booked mine in for the 29th. The chap on service reception didn't know anything about a recall - Oh Joy! :censor:

Demanded a free courtesy car as this is something of an inconvenience.

Also asked the chap to ensure that there was a Prius trained technician available on the day in question and that the parts were available to do the job.

I dread taking my pride and joy to the dealers. :yes:

checked my dad's yesterday, and he is OK ie not in the vin band specified at the VOSA website.

rickers

Don't know about the seal as it wasn't a safety issue. I didn't actually get a new manual although they had originally said I would. I may write to Toyota, as the original manual had numerous errors and omissions.

When I took my Prius in for its 20k service, the asked me if I had received a letter from Toyota about a recall.  I haven't !

Apparantly there is a recall for a potentially faulty brake light switch which stops the brake lights working. They have checked my switch and it does require replacement.

However ..... it appears that Toyota have not had the foresight to actually supply there dealers with replacement switches and they have to be specially ordered.

So the car has to go in again when the part arrives. 

So if and when you receive the recall letter, it might be prudent to ask your dealer if they do have the replacement parts - otherwise you will be making two trips instead of one.

rickers

Don't know about the seal as it wasn't a safety issue. I didn't actually get a new manual although they had originally said I would. I may write to Toyota, as the original manual had numerous errors and omissions.

Just got my Prius back from the dealer after having taken it in for the recall work to be done and.......I AM HAPPY! :yes:

Courtesy car free (usually £10) but I did ask for it free

Bottle of Champagne....French not Japanese :D

Car washed but I did ask as they owed me one from the last service

Fuel topped up though how they did it without resetting the computer I don't know

Thank you Inchcape Derby. This is the way it should be. 10/10

Thank you Inchcape Derby. This is the way it should be.  10/10

Spoke too soon. I take it all back. Just found a nut in the drivers footwell. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
[Courtesy car free (usually £10) but I did ask for it free

I have never been asked to pay, they wouldn't dare!

Spoke too soon. I take it all back. Just found a nut in the drivers footwell. :unsure:

Are you sure this wasn't you?

:D :D :D :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links