Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Balancing Act

seveer unaek

Just been for my wheels balancing all round due to horrible vibrations in my wheel, and after much struggle with locking nuts and toyota to get some free ones (i succeded after they lied to me and tried to charge £37!) all wheels are now balanced and my cars back to normal! Except for one rather unwelcome thing....

Due to potholes, ALL my wheels have a slight buckle in them, especially my rear passenger wheel which apparantly is pretty bad and the guy said would need repairing fairly quickly! This makes me rather unhappy!

Im only 19 and in full-time education, so don't have to pay tax, but if i did i'd be greatly peeved off!! All you good tax payers pay what, £2000 a year or more in council rates, and where does that go?? On the roads?? Obviously not! It really gets my back up does the state of the roads, then i read that the Department for Transport spent over £5m last year of our money to hire extra lawyers so they can get out of paying up for damage to cars due to crap roads.

It's a !Removed! disgrace... i pay my road tax, as do all us good folk, and then all home owners pay their tax and rates and where has it gone??!?!?! Well, i know where... every single council estate around leeds as brilliant roads. So it's obvious... the tax payers are paying for the non-tax payers to have great roads so that they can run their illegal cars over lovely smooth surfaces.

Does my !Removed! nut in as im now landed with either getting a new wheel or having to pay for a repair.

Sorry for the rant, but this country's going down the pan... far too many scallys fleecing off us all. That woman who's in prison for 6 months for standing up for herself and her community, id have given her a medal.

Im only 19 and in full-time education, so don't have to pay tax, but if i did i'd be greatly peeved off!! All you good tax payers pay what, £2000 a year or more in council rates, and where does that go?? On the roads?? Obviously not! It really gets my back up does the state of the roads, then i read that the Department for Transport spent over £5m last year of our money to hire extra lawyers so they can get out of paying up for damage to cars due to crap roads.

It's a bloody disgrace... i pay my road tax, as do all us good folk, and then all home owners pay their tax and rates and where has it gone??!?!?! Well, i know where... every single council estate around leeds as brilliant roads. So it's obvious... the tax payers are paying for the non-tax payers to have great roads so that they can run their illegal cars over lovely smooth surfaces.

Oooh goody - a rant thread! :thumbsup:

The roads round here arent too bad - however that blasted A5 with all its pot holes and crazy-paving needs sorting out desperately....

I dont mind roadworks as long as they are fixing the roads - but they never seem to fix the roads that actually need fixing! :rolleyes:

And dont get me started on berluddy council tax - taking from the poor to feed the rich IMO. :censor: :censor:

just seeing this

:ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

The roads are appalling. However could I make a suggestion? Take it sloooow over the potholes. I know you can't always see them, but try :) The amount of people I see just flinging their cars over bumps, potholes, and speedhumps is stupid!

I'm sure you are fairly sensible :) And surely you pay road tax on your car? So you have as much right to moan as us full-time working people!

yes i know what u mean by venting about taxes etc...my bro wrecked all 4 of his rims n when i say wrecked - they looked oval! as well his suspension being compressed majorly by the impact...reason being the lights in the traffic island and road were out! as well as no road markings...no warning signs!

so i know where your commin from, we pay hundreds each year for a tax disc which is supposed to cover costs. but i think it just adds to a wad in someones pocket somehwere.

Believe you me i take every bump, speed hump and pot-hole filled road as slow as possible!

I cause queue's getting into my uni and asda when going over the speed bumps... no way am i taking them more than 6mph... they're killers!

I also avoid pot holes like the plague... very carefull in that respect, but on unlit roads at night some are a bugger to see, but i think it's just 2.5yrs of pot holes that has gradually deteriorated my wheels. Does my tree in!

And yes i pay my tax... £105 a year, also my insurance £1250 a year, and i pay for any work that needs doing to keep it safe and legal.

Then people who don't do any of that, have a crash, ruin somebodys car, risking the life of that car owner and get off with a £60 fine. Makes me sick.

Just to add - I am majorly peed off now!

As I mentioned up there the A5 is a nightmare for potholes and I've already been caught out once by them.....

Travelling to Rugby to see my dear Ma & Pa, I arrived in Rugby fine, missed all the blasted A5 potholes - yayy for me!

Dunno if anyone here knows Rugby at all, but I was coming to the junction of Oliver Street & Lawford Road on Oliver Street where there is traffic lights - they were green - excellent I thought so went to go through.....

Hit a massive pothole as I was turning - that wasnt even there last week! :ffs: :ffs: I take that route every time and there has never been a hole there!

I'm pretty miffed - got Dad to have a quick look just incase but he says that the wheels might need re-balancing now.....

BERLUDDY POT HOLES! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links