Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Painting Calipers

Yariscrazy!

Hi guys, i need your :help: i want to spray my calipers blue, but the guy from the shop said id have to take them off first, as id get paint on the dics's :ffs: any idea how to take them off?? i got a jack!

JENNI (yarisCRAZY)

Hi. I'm just guessing but it sounds like you might want to get some help from someone experienced in these things. I mean a real person who'll show you what to do practically. Not that the people on here aren't real of course, just that messing with the brakes may not be a good starter point for a DIY! :eek:

Paint the calipers? Get a brush and some hammerite or some proper caliper paint. No need to take them off as far as i know...(well i didn't)

Aye, use a brush.

it puts the paint on thicker, so more protection and colour. It's quicker than putting on multiple sprayed coats, and the paint only goes where you want it to .

Did mine by brush - goes on nice and thick.

I did the drums at the same time - black for the calipers and silver for the drums ...

I done mine with a brush and some black hammerite... you could use spray hammerite but i think its a tad messy... doesnt matter if you get a little bit on the discs as it will just burn off when u brake. If you are using spray paint tho id recommend u mask off most of the brake disc/inside arch before you start... common sense really

Have any of you got any pics of your calipers? :D im not going to spray them im going to paint um............. BLUE :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

seveer_unaek has one of his in his car's garage, and I'm sure he did a thread about them too.

Blue

Have any of you got any pics of your calipers? :D im not going to spray them im going to paint um............. BLUE :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

good choice midlady ;)

gallery_9368_11_1108733633.jpg

take care after you paint them,when you change the brake fluids so that no fluid interferes with the paint cuz it will make it fade away

I'll add to this.... use a brush and do NOT do what i did and paint them outside in the freezing cold in the middle of a hail-stone storm!

its been a long day, i cant spell now and put down whats in my mind! haha!

Meant to say they look good!

Thank you guys :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles: :group-cuddles:

Ill sent ya all some pics when ive finished it. MWAH

JENNI (yarisCRAZY)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links