Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres

G6AArgh

nice one cheers :thumbsup: i was refering to the space thet i have between the outside edge of my tyre and the inside lip of my arch. space between the two when the front of the car is under loading (cornering) is minimal its nothing major but just thought i would check with someone whos in the know about these things :thumbsup:

Will really depend on how stiff the suspension is.. i feel if it was going to rub.. it would be rubbing now.. as its normally the shoulder (the bit where tread meets sidewall) that rubs. But remember.. i can't see your car.. i can only give an opinion.

Visit your local tyre dealer. and ask if they have the Goodyears in stock.. ask if you can see one and explain to them your fears on them rubbing.. if the think they are getting a sale they will be only too happy to help. I wouldn't recommend going to s***-fit though.

my suspensions being changed soon anyway from spring to full kit (up) and then i will get 205/45/17 on the car just to try to reduce the bumps a little. cheers for the advice though :thumbsup:

I tend to be cheap about tires...not too smart, but I'm a broke college student!! :wacko: 

My Nissan Maxima is a good point.  Right now, it has newer Firestone Firehawk SH30s on the back...but the fronts are $37 Farm-supply store specials.  The redneck idiots who put them on not only buzzed my lugs on with a gun, but they couldn't get the psi correct on either tire...or within 10psi of EACH OTHER.  Durr...

:lol:

Now..wait..

You have a Maxima *and* a Camry? :unsure:

Wouldn't it be more cost effective just to have one car?

You could have a Camry with nice tires (or tyres, even) instead of two cars.

Why two cars bro?

I've got FOUR!! :wacko: Mistake, but I get use out of all of them. A couple were free.

'96 Camry LE Identical to this.

'91 Maxima SE5 (so dirt cheap I had to make an impulse buy. I love the 4DSC gen Maximas) Baby got back. I've cleaned it up a bit.

'86 Pulsar NX (free) Fun 80s-tacky car. My dad gave me this one a few years ago. only had 71k at the time. It used to be in nice shape :( Its a paint job away from being really nice. I plan to sell the Maxima this summer...to make room for an '82 Datsun 210 wagon that I'll be bringing in from Cali :D

Front

Old school blue.

Inside.

Nice *****. Pics courtesy of my friend Adam.

'90 Plymouth Voyager (free. my rusty oil-burning junk hauler) Given to me by grandma.

Identical, only not nearly as nice.

I might sell the van this summer too.

:eek::lol::thumbsup:

Innit expensive to keep all them registered and insured though?

You could probably sell 'em all and buy yourself a nice new Camry or Corolla XRS or sumthin'

No?

Not so much as you'd think. It takes a bit of fiddling with insurance policies and titles, but it can be cheaply done. I probably pay less for insuring those 4 cars then a new Corolla would cost me.

And I'd die if I couldn't have a bunch of old ****boxes around :lol: The simplicity of one reliable new car would just be too much!! :D I'm happy to do a bit of wrenching now and then.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the Camry...my plan is to sell the Maxima, get that Datsun (between that and the Pulsar, my fetish for old Nissans would be fulfilled for a while) and keep the van to drive in the winter (road salt eats my poor old Nissans :( ) After all, it'd be a shame for this to get all rusty, eh? It'll be great fun in the summer though :) RWD.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links