Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Xt4 Spare Wheel Cover

jaspercat

my colour coded (black) spare wheel cover (Rav4 XT4) has been stolen. I think there should be better security available especially as Toyota price for new one is £330 (lid only). Can anyone suggest a cheaper source or an alternative that fits and looks good. Can't help thinking this excessive price for a bit of painted plastic is the reason it was stolen. Toyota is probably doinhg a great trade in replacements. I have never before had a vehicle that was sold with a completely unsecured component that can be stolen in 10 seconds and is ridiculously expensive to replace. I hope all you Rav owners have some sort of heavy duty padlock in place!

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Got a Cutlers plain black cover for my Granite - not lockable but at under £50 not so much of a loss if it is nicked.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed the seller and they say its their's and not stolen! A bit necky but what the hell, if it by any chance it is the one you had stolen, they may be warned off from doing it again if they think someone is on to them!

I emailed the seller and they say its their's and not stolen! A bit necky but what the hell, if it by any chance it is the one you had stolen, they may be warned off from doing it again if they think someone is on to them!

I did the same! Thanks for your interest and concern - I hope yours is locked up

• 3 weeks later...

First thing we did was buy a padlock for the cover!!! sorry don't know of a cheap replacement but interested to know where Cutlers are sold? Just in case!

I know the padlock could be cut off but at least it means it won't be stolen on a whim ....unless the person carries bolt cutters in their pocket lol

http://www.wheelcover.com/

Cutlers can be found on the above address - very prompt service and good quality cover - and no I am not related or gaining from that statement !!

Cutlers can be found on the above address - very prompt service and good quality cover - and no I am not related or gaining from that statement !!

Ok, I believe you!! :D

No, seriously, thanks for the info. Just hope I don't have to use it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I believe you!! :D

No, seriously, thanks for the info. Just hope I don't have to use it!!

Just a thought - why not etch/scratch your reg no. onto the inside cover so that if some scroat does nick it, and tries to sell it - you will be able to identify it?

Good point - forgot to do that - now let's hope it's still on when I get home later !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links