Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gutted

gman rct

just came out of work to find that somebody has driven into my t-sport and driven off :censor:

im so gutted :crybaby:

im gona need a new panel passenger side and paintowrok all up the side of my car.

my mirror fell out of the pasanger side aswell.

anybody got any advice, prices etc??

If your 1/4 panel needs replaced then i'd go thru your insurance because its not a simple job and needs a pro to do it.

Be much cheaper in the long run just to pay an excess.

Is there any cctv where your car was parked??

I'm sorry to hear that :censor:

Does your work have CCTV? If so, any chance the offender may have been caught on camera?

*oops, must have posted at the same time as the above. :ph34r:

there is no cctv where the incident occured. i dont really want to go throught the insurance if i can avoid it as its in my mother name!!!!

TBH honest parts for body panels and similar arent that expensive - better to order and buy your own - problem is fitting and spraying really.

Theres no way around it - just get lots of quotes, but I suspect it'll be better for you in the long run to fix it yourself...

there is no cctv where the incident occured. i dont really want to go throught the insurance if i can avoid it as its in my mother name!!!!

thats unlucky man it pisses you off doesnt it. Check with garages and ask quotes see what they can do, you'll be suprised what they can achieve

Have you got protected NCB? if so, insurance job will probably be cheaper.

Thats just awful - rotten scum! :ffs:

Perhaps get some quotes from some garages about the damage and compare the cost to your Mums excess plus add what she would have to pay with no no claims (do an online quote to find out) and see which would be cheapest overall?

I reckon that doing it yourself would be though rather than doing it through insurance - especially as its someone elses no claims you'd be losing.....

Im just going to say unlucky to you fella and i hpe it gets sorted soon cos otherwise things like this send me off into a 20 paragraph rant! Sodding, !Removed!, ignorant, arrogant, disrespectful bast**ds!!

Your car and the insurance is in your mom's name? How's that work?

Easily! Doesn't matter who owns the car, insurance could be under anyone's name so long as it's for the right car that has up-to-date tax etc.

If a named driver is driving more than the policyholder though, then that's a bit cheeky, but it's cheaper. It's what i do! Car's under dad's name since he bought it, but it's co-owned and payed for by myself and my brother (mainly me) and the insurance is under my mums name with us all on as named drivers cos my dads got his own car with insurance under his name! It's still £1250 for my car though!!

Doesn't build up a no claims bonus though.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck mate. Some nasty people about.

It's not going to be a cheap job and not that easy either. How old's the car? Remember that doing it yourself or at somewhere that isn't approved may screw up Toyota's 12 year perforation warranty. Cheapest may not necessarily be the best option.

sorry to here that lad i hate when :censor: holes do that, i hope there cars is 10 time worse off that yours.

Nope... you don't get any NCB... but i can't afford £3000 at the mo which is what it would be for me!

With an insurance job you get a guarantee for the repair, a courtesy car and all the hassle taken care of, but yes, it does cost you your excess, plus a 6% rise in premium for next policy, then 4%, then 3% then back to normal (average) but you got to weigh that up against the cost of a repair done by yourself.

cheers for the advice guys, just got a quote from an approved garage, £400 of the finest :ffs:

thats not a bad price, i had nearside chasiss leg, sill, both rear quarter pannels and boot floor and tailgate. the work inc spraying cost 1400 quid, parts cost 900.

just came out of work to find that somebody has driven into my t-sport and driven off :censor:

im so gutted :crybaby:

im gona need a new panel passenger side and paintowrok all up the side of my car.

my mirror fell out of the pasanger side aswell.

anybody got any advice, prices etc??

Hi gman, im so sorry to here about your T-Sport, but its so weird. Because at exactley 3 and a half weeks ago, my T-Sport was parked outside my house, and the exactley same thing happened. The whole of the passanger side was recked :crybaby::crybaby: side mirror handing off :crybaby::crybaby: it's STILL in the garage now....(STILL) :ffs: ,It'll be gone for a month next week. :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: But it's good thing i am fully com, i think the whole damage came to around £1000+

JENNI (yarisCRAZY)

Hiya,

Best thing to do 1) get a quote (which you have already done) B) look at how much your excess is c) get an idea of what the policy payments will increase by at renewal if you do claim.

I work in insurance claims -and this would have to be classed as a fault accident as it isnt possible to claim against the person who caused it as they cant be traced, so you will have the payment increases plus the excess and also that you will have to declare it as being a fault claim in the future when you take out a policy.

If the policy is in your Mum's name then it will go against her NCB, if it is protected NCB then the general allowance (well for the company I work for at least) you are allowed to have two claims in the space of 5 years against the NCB and they will be left intact which will keep the cost of the premium cheaper in the future as NCB is what lowers the price a lot. Obviously you arent getting NCB by being a named driver on her policy as you can only get NCB if a policy is in your name.

It might be worth getting another quote done for the repair too, so you can ensure that the price you have been quoted is the same all round..and I wouldnt mention about insurance when getting the quote done either as they will bump up the estimate to get more money.

Sorry for the essay but I hope this helps you in someway, and at work today I did a total of 4 hit and run claims where I had to explain the same thing to our policyholders too, and you are the 5th I've heard about today. ooh and finally if the wing mirror is damaged is there anyway you can get a temporary repair done to make it roadworthy? The insurer I work for allows you get to temporary repairs done to make the veh roadworthy/driveable and providing you keep the receipts you should get reimbursed for the temporary repairs. Again can't guarantee it as other insurers may be different..and do stress that you had to get the repairs done to make it safe and they are TEMP only.

Blue

Nope... you don't get any NCB... but i can't afford £3000 at the mo which is what it would be for me!

thats crap...

im paying 1,300 on my OWN name.....

thats crap...

im paying 1,300 on my OWN name.....

I live in a sh*thole area, my car's group 5, i have no NCB, i have been driving only two years, iv had one claim to my name and three other people have to be on the policy.

So yeah, it's crap, but that's what the deal is!

You blokes really do get a hard time with insurance!

My first car cost me £400 to insure (the Matiz), Karis was £600 - I'm now paying about £800 for this Yaris but you've got to take away 2 years no claims and add two accidents to my record aswell - once I get my no claims back that price will half!

Incidentally Seveer - how much was the Matiz for you to insure - was that with your Mums insurance as well?

cheers for all of the advice again guys. the car will be goin in by the end of the week for a grand total of £463.89.

managed to get a replacement mirror to make it road legel for now.

these people are sent to test us!!!

looks like im catching the train to my job interviews on friday!

You need to be careful when dealing with the insurance company tho mate, as it's in ur mums name she has the be the main drive, if they find out that you are then it can invalidate the insurance (depending on who ur with), they shudnt be able to tell as you were only at work tho, just be causious.

I did this with my 1st car (by far cheaper!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links