Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Imitation Is The Sincerest Form Of Flattery...

Caz SR

"calm down calm down" :P

Eh, eh, someone's just said that to me in a text, its been a bit of a bad day thats all, didnt mean to go on the bounce :thumbsup:

not talking about spelling.

Text speak IS about spelling albeit the abbreviated type.

You are just as bad by not being able to spell. It’s just as annoying!

Check these out!

:lol:

also great  for 20st of hunk, who looks like a balenced mix bettween david hasslehoff, and chuck norris. GREAT CARS!

i always use ultimate, seams to run alot better....... put a couple of bottles of additive intoo take it over 100 ron :P

i noticed a big difference using ultimate (ron 97), deffanately different, i filled the tank with ultimate, and big bottle of additive today, i reset the ecu, gave it 30 miles to run in and all i can say is WOW!

dont talk like a bloddy idiont, your not on your moblie phone now!

Excelling%20at%20Spelling.GIF

:group-cuddles:

Right. What was the topic? :wacko: Ah yes... I think I'd be flattered if someone bought a Yaris after looking around mine and maybe asking advice. OK, maybe getting the same colour is pushing it a bit but I can understand them wanting one just like it :yes:

If they then started to add little bits and pieces to make it an exact replica, well, that would just be too scary! :fear:

god ye lads are priceless, god i suffer from A.D.D, so i do be all over the shop, plus i write as i speak,sorry, yea know da craic,ha,LOL. anyway since i moved to Toyota ive sold my da a short wheel base land cruiser, ma a Avensis Liftback D4D, ash and aoife my sisters have a 3dr starlets each, the other sister in geneva i`ve export a 1.3 Sol yaris 3 door. best of all a string of X-girlfriends now drive Toyota LOL, "hi i`m rob, fancy a :censor: and a Toyota" :lol:

Heyyyyyyyyyy there is nothing wrong with having the same car as your partner!!

Me and Yves have a P2 and a P1 Yaris and we aren't ashamed of it at all :D

Yes but they are different models, phases and colours. Swap it for a phase 1 thunder grey T Sport and... don't forget to post a pic of Yves' face as you show him! ;)

no not at all, i forgot to herself has a yaris too, she wants a Rav4, but she no way in hell getting one, well unless she buys it off me. note to self sell ash a Rav4

Yes but they are different models, phases and colours.

Yep - had worked out they are different models, phases and colours by now :P

what I am trying (and apparently failing) to say is that underneath it all, both our cars are Yarii underneath it all even if they do look slightly different.

This is why I'm perfectly happy to let Rich have his Peugeot 206 and for him to not like the Yaris as I'd hate it if we drove the same car, I'd especially hate it if he went and got a TS, which he would do if he bought one as that makes it better than mine and ok his 206 is better than mine, its top of the range and cost more new, but its a Peugeot, so I win hands down anyway!

We get the best of both worlds this way tho ;) a Blue and a TS, not a bad combination at all..so really you shouldnt slate having the same car as your Partner until you actually do! :lol::lol::lol:

Yes but they are different models, phases and colours.

Yep - had worked out they are different models, phases and colours by now :P

what I am trying (and apparently failing) to say is that underneath it all, both our cars are Yarii underneath it all even if they do look slightly different.

This is why I'm perfectly happy to let Rich have his Peugeot 206 and for him to not like the Yaris as I'd hate it if we drove the same car, I'd especially hate it if he went and got a TS, which he would do if he bought one as that makes it better than mine and ok his 206 is better than mine, its top of the range and cost more new, but its a Peugeot, so I win hands down anyway!

We get the best of both worlds this way tho ;) a Blue and a TS, not a bad combination at all..so really you shouldnt slate having the same car as your Partner until you actually do! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm not slating anyone - fairplay to yous pair - I know for a fact Rich would never buy a Yaris and we are both very competitive so it would cause trouble in the household - ubiknic in his coffee and all sorts! I'm very happy for him to have any car he likes! But he would never buy a Yaris anyway!

I would find some way of beating him if he ever did get a TS - I can always say I bought mine first and I'm the trend-setter in the house - he would hate that!

We love each other really! :lol::lol::lol: Its all just friendly competition! And everyones different at the end of the day! :yes:

I know you werent slating anyone Em :D was just expressing my point thats all and it's actually not bad at all having the same car ;)

No offence meant at all :D

I know you werent slating anyone Em :D was just expressing my point thats all and it's actually not bad at all having the same car ;)

No offence meant at all :D

Sorry Blue - I assumed you were saying it was me since you quoted me!

No offence back atcha!

Last week at work, a Yaris was parked in one of our company spaces. Lots of people started asking if it was mine, to which I replied "Er, no!" Being the only Yaris owner I was intrigued and looked outside to find an 02 Caribbean Blue Yaris - same colour as mine!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Yeah i know how you feel. Recently i've started working in an office on a contruction site and nearly everyday when i drive in a builder would stop me and ask about my car, how much they are and how they are to drive?

Funny thing is .. everytime they tend to stop me and ask, i'm always in a rush to get in on time. So i never get the chance to brag about how utterly brilliant they are! :D

At this rate i may well end up with a whole bunch of burly builders following me around in Yarii if i stay on! :lol:

So in short .. i think imitation "is" the sincerest form of flattery ... but best not get the exact same model, accessories and equipment as mine otherwise i'd .. :ph34r: .. :lol:

:thumbsup:

Yariis are such good cars, it not surprising anyone would want one after hearing someone rave on about how good theirs is. But that isn't the same as imitating someone's mods wholesale.

The whole point of modding a car is to individualise it and turn it into a "person" or another extension of yourself. To have someone else copy that can rightly be annoying and even intrusive on your own personal space..

sh :censor: I am getting deep :lol: .

Anyway respect :thumbsup: to you guys for your mods, buying a yaris in the same colour isn't necessarily copying as there isn't a great selection of colours to begin with. If you are going to mod your car, keep it original.. or at least don't be as obvious as to make it identical to the one you are trying to copy.

not talking about spelling.

Text speak IS about spelling albeit the abbreviated type.

Check these out!

:lol:

also great  for 20st of hunk, who looks like a balenced mix bettween david hasslehoff, and chuck norris. GREAT CARS!

i always use ultimate, seams to run alot better....... put a couple of bottles of additive intoo take it over 100 ron :P

i noticed a big difference using ultimate (ron 97), deffanately different, i filled the tank with ultimate, and big bottle of additive today, i reset the ecu, gave it 30 miles to run in and all i can say is WOW!

dont talk like a bloddy idiont, your not on your moblie phone now!

Excelling%20at%20Spelling.GIF

right you **** smart **** dyslexia is a problem a lot of people have and im sure there is other users on here who have the problem. it is completely different than choosing to abrevate word such as "mate" and "because". being dyslexic also makes reading text speak very very hard. so next time you think your being funny by trawling through some bodys post picking out words they've spelt wrong acctally think to your self that you maybe upsetting somebody who has to deal with this problem, and effects everything they do every single day. and making an **** out of your self, i dont know what issues you have, but you obviously have something against me, and if so i suggest you discuss it with me over PM.

Whats up with you lot today?

You have all now had your say.

KEEP IT ON TOPIC :angry: IF THIS GO'S OFF TOPIC AGAIN IT WILL BE REMOVED.

I think you owe Chris an apology there Reece....

Have PM'd you Chris! Hope you're ok mate!

PS - Sorry Kimi! Back on topic now!

I rave about my car to everyone I see - and Toyota in general - although the only person I've sold it to is Grandad! :lol::lol:

Have to back earpl on this. To be honest most of the time I have to use MS Word to write up posts and then copy and paste them into the text box on the website because at least then I know they then make sense. It takes time, but I know most of ye now, it’s kinda like a second home :group-cuddles:

sorry kimi only read your post after i posted mine.sorry

it's such a great set up for us smaller drivers.

It's great for us long and wide types too! 19st and 6ft 3"... after sitting in a lot at motorshow and driving a few... this is easily one of the best... truly superb cars!

Also, on the topic of flattery... i wouldn't mind too much if someone got same... guy at work has a red SR and we can talk about them... it's good.

Sorry Kimi... but this is worth it.... im backing up Earpl, whether dyslexic or not... when it comes to typing on t'internet... when typing quickly, mistakes are made, spelling can fail, grammer can be forgotton... but txt speak is just annoying. Also, just to embarass you... when you're trying to prove a point (im not here, so ignore my typing... i miss stuff out on purpose... it's quicker) like you were reece here:

Your grammer is shocking.... since when is that a proper sentence structure... rather than a full stop after spell, should it not be a semi colon? Like this: ;???

I'll let you chew on that one. And for the english students... answers on a postcard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links