Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Advice Please From Newbie

ezzo

Hi all, just found this forum, this is my first post and im looking for advice because all the wannabe mechanics i know cant help

I have bought a RAV4 xt5 top of the range and loving it. Ive not had a new car before so what is happening may be quite normal

When i switch the engine off, there is a ticking noise that comes from the exhaust area at the back, it goes tick....tick...tick............tick...................tick and stops afew minutes later. I have also noticed that it does it while the engine is running but ticks to a halt after a while. Maybe it is ticking all the time im drib=ving also but when i check with engine running it stops because an idle engine is cooler than if im driving

There is also a cling clang noise from the engine when i switch off, Ive heard this clicg clanging noise on other cars, i think its where its cooling

Anyhow, if this is normal, how long is it likely to last for - im on 2000 miles so far

Hope you can help :yes:

Best wishes

ezzo

Hows it go again? :thumbsup:

LOL welcome to the club, Im sure someone will be along soon to answer your questions :group-cuddles:

Sounds like it’s the exhaust system cooing down, as the metals contract you can hear the ticking noise.

Happens on most cars after it has been running at operational temperature then turned off.

More obvious on motorcycles as all the components are on the outside so it's easier to hear.

It’s normal and nothing to worry about :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links