Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Anti-squeal Clip

avensis_man

Hi,

Im going to change my discs and pads on my car. is it worth me getting The anti-squeal clip and the spring, or can i use the ones that are already in place?

Many Thanks!

As long as they aren't cooroded or damaged there shouldn't be a problem. :thumbsup:

When you re-assemble put a LIGHT coating of copper grease on them. ;)

for the 25p or so to replace the spring i would just change them anyway.

most new pads don't come with shims on the back so as giddlepin said i'd smear them with copper grease and put them in and they should be okay.

Make sure your guide pins are nice and clean because overtime you inevitably get crud underneath the rubber seal and that *may* cause the brakes to not release correctly, resulting in uneven wear (usually inner pad more than the outer).

hope this helps

have a nice day

sanj

Hi,

Thanks for your replys.....i have one problem(hoping you can help me), as you know im going to change the discs & pads. well i took the REAR tyres off, located the caliper bolts and started to undo them, once they were loosened i removed them so i could remove the caliper, but for some reason the Caliper would not come off, even though the 2 caliper bolts were removed, i have tried pulling it off, wiggiling it, hitting it(ouch!) etc etc .. but it wont come off!....AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG, OR HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING?........PLEASE :help:

AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG, OR HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING?........PLEASE  :help:

You sure you've removed the correct bolts? they should be short stubby thick bolts, as on my supra there is two sets.

Two big ones that hold the caliper on and two smaller thinner ones which just dont seem to do anything :lol:

Also have you taken the handbrake off? ;) May seem like a daft thing but ya never know.......

yeah i took the right bolts off, handbreak was off..but the damm thing is stuck for some reason....(two smaller thinner ones which just dont seem to do anything??)

there should be two smaller bolts on the edge of the floating bit of the caliper, these are guide pin bolts

its almost like a bolt which goes into a pin with a rubber gaiter round it.

i think this is what you mean by smaller bolts?

undo one of them (the lower one is best because it prevents the hose stretching) and then the floating bit will lift out, take the pads out and then the caliper should come off.

I think you have a lip of rust on the edge of your brake disc and thats jamming against the pads, another option would be to spin the disc round and remove the lip round the edge - but this will take you ages.

hope this helps

And if you look in the "Workshop Submissions" section of the sit, on the second page you will find a photographic "How To" on doing brakes. If you need a better idea :thumbsup:

And if you look in the "Workshop Submissions" section of the sit, on the second page you will find a photographic "How To" on doing brakes. If you need a better idea :thumbsup:

Thanks....That is what i "tried" to follow. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links