Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Gt4 Update.

daktari

It`s starting to come together at long last. Latest mods are as follows.

Weight reduction..... Aircon, EGR and associated bits have been removed. Front seat belts replaced with harnesses, soundproofing. every surplus piece of plastic thats not needed brackets,nuts and bolts all gone. But it still looks standard apart from the harnesses. Weighed all the gash stuff and it comes in at just over 82kg. But i`ve added about 15Kg with the harnesses, extinguisher and some extra cabling. Still a saving of nearly 70Kg though.Who`s a fatty now maleborn :P

I`ll get the car weighed when its finished but i`m aiming at 1350KG eventually.

Not done much to the engine as i want to fit a post '96 motor & tranny next year. I have fitted a straight intake and cold box for the induction kit and relocated the Battery in the boot. Minor suspension mods and some nice blue sparco mudflaps. Still got a few bit & bobs to do. Found i had a cracked manifold :( so thats away getting repaired.,

Hopefully, work permitting should have the old chuffer back on the road by mid may. :thumbsup:

Hope you are taking plenty-a-pix as you go along. That will make interesting viewing upon completion :thumbsup:

Hope you are taking plenty-a-pix as you go along. That will make interesting viewing upon completion :thumbsup:

Got a few. Most of em aint pretty though. I`m a messy worker. :lol: I`ll get them up together and post in the garage when i`m done. :thumbsup:

good on ya fella , should make a good bit of difference to boosting and fuel useage .i know you like our cat fights :lol:

the gen 5 gt4 is a great looking motor , i always to seem to spot them now when i'm out and about , never used to untill i got a celica myself , weird that .

Yeah. Tell me about it. Quite a few over here of one sort or another. :blink: There`s a girl in a Gen 6 GT who regularly blows my doors off when i`m trundling home from work in the xantia. It`s driving me daft cos i`m not in the GT4 :lol:

every surplus piece of plastic thats not needed brackes,nuts and bolts all gone.

When I first read that that I thought you'd removed you brakes to save weight :eek::lol: After a third read of the line I guessed you meant brackets!!

Sounds like it's coming along though :thumbsup:

every surplus piece of plastic thats not needed brackes,nuts and bolts all gone.

When I first read that that I thought you'd removed you brakes to save weight :eek::lol: After a third read of the line I guessed you meant brackets!!

Sounds like it's coming along though :thumbsup:

What can i say.... Quick edit then. Mind you it`s a thought. All those lumps of metal must be having some sort of adverse effect.... Only get used half the time anyway. :lol::lol:

without brakes maybe you can match a st205 :lol::lol:

did you decat it yet , that weighs about 10 kilos

without brakes maybe you can match a st205  :lol:  :lol:

did you decat it yet , that weighs about 10 kilos

Why?? Dont your brakes work either??? :lol::lol:

Yeah. Nearly bought an aussie decat pipe but couldn`t justify 180 quid for a shiny bit of stainless. :D

used the brakes last week when a black and white stopped me . stain on the old tv license x3 :eek:

used the brakes last week when a black and white stopped me . stain on the old tv license x3  :eek:

Oooh. Bad luck mate. I`m still squeeky clean at the mo. Hope to keep it that way. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links