Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Management Light

Blaze

does anybody know how to clear engine management faults without taking it to a garage

does anybody know how to clear engine management faults without taking it to a garage

If you mean the orange engine shaped warning light, it could well mean that you have no option but to take it to a garage. <_<

Mine was on for a while and it turned out to be a the valve timing gear. Could have been very damaging if I'd left it too long. I had mine fixed under warranty and if yours is still valid then I'd recommend getting to Mr T.

You can read the codes by shorting pins 4 and 13 on the OBD plug. There's a post in the Yaris forum here that tells you the exact procedure and a list of fault codes.

If you don't feel confident doing it take it to a garage.

You don't just want to clear the codes without knowing what triggered the light to come on in the first place, do you?

Yves.

iv reset my ecu after havingan exhaust put on my ecotec valve messes it up usually but i reset the ecu and then its come on do you think it will be that cos i reset it

Okay Darren wants to know if resetting the ecu will do the same as the pins? (i know im a pain!!)

Okay Darren wants to know if resetting the ecu will do the same as the pins? (i know im a pain!!)

No, with just pulling the EFI fuse you will lose the code(s) stored in the ECU.

If you want to know what triggered the light to come on you must read the codes.

Believe me, you're better off making sure why the light came on in the first place.

After that you can reset the ECU if you want to by pulling out the EFI fuse.

Yves.

If you come to my place I can do it for you for free.I have the special equipment.

Depending on the fault,you might have to go to the garage anyway.

Send me a pm.

Moffmo, I havent forgotten about your CD mate.I ll send it on Tuesday.

If you come to my place I can do it for you for free.I have the special equipment.

Send me a pm.

i didnt see you today mate, or did i?

Doh! :!Removed!:

Cheers anyway fella!

Send me a pm.

Cheers anyway fella!

maybe you saw me.I arrived at about 1240 and stayed till 1400.I couldnt stay more.

Send me a pm.

Cheers anyway fella!

maybe you saw me.I arrived at about 1240 and stayed till 1400.I couldnt stay more.

Dont think i did fella, i was the blonde, fat ubikd guy with glasses marshelling with a yellow jacket on

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links