Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Stood For A While

kevin5952

Afternoon everyone. Hope the weather is as good as it is here.Right to the point. Just bought a 1987 2l gt celica,very nice looking car,hardly any rust and a nice interior.Problem is it,s been stood for a while in a garage.I go over and run it every now and again for about 30 mins until the fan kicks in on the engine. But it,s probably not been driven for about 12 months. What will i need to do to it prior to putting it back on the road other than a good service..It passed it,s mot fine 2 months ago it,s just that it,s been stood around not being driven.cheers..kev. :D

Afternoon everyone. Hope the weather is as good as it is here.Right to the point. Just bought a 1987 2l gt celica,very nice looking car,hardly any rust and a nice interior.Problem is it,s been stood for a while in a garage.I go over and run it every now and again for about 30 mins until the fan kicks in on the engine. But it,s probably not been driven for about 12 months. What will i need to do to it prior to putting it back on the road other than a good service..It passed it,s mot fine 2 months ago it,s just that it,s been stood around not being driven.cheers..kev. :D

As it`s been stood in a garage it probably won`t need too much, if anything doing. The fuel will probably be getting a bit stale by now though. Also check the tyres carefully for any signs of perishing. Likewise check the brakes for corrosion, leaks and binding. Check all lights etc. Thats about it really. If the cars been run at tickover a lot you might have a problem with the exhaust before too long as there will be a goodly build up of moisture in there, Hopefully not though. Good luck and enjoy the ride. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links