Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

(1990)corolla Gti Heat Shield Needed

wristy

hi

if anyone could help i would be greatful i need the heat shield which goes over the manifold on a 1990 corolla gti 16v if anyone knows where i can get one it will make my day

cheers pete

hi

if anyone could help i would be greatful i need the heat shield which goes over the manifold on a 1990 corolla gti 16v if anyone knows where i can get one it will make my day

cheers pete

I bought one from my local Toyota dealer last week £25 + VAT

Rusting heat shields has always been a common problem on 4AGE powered twincams. Mine was a little rusty when 4 years old and most 'dropped off' before they were 10 years old. They are not necessary and don't cause any problems if not there (as most people just rip the remains of when they become tatty.)

However if (like me) you still wanted one for presentation purposes beware ...for the bolts which hold it on (three at top and three down at bottom, all 10mm) will probabley be nicely coroded to the Manifold itself! The job may be bigger than you think (It was to me :lol: ).

The heat sheild for a GTi is about £45 and appears to be thicker and better quality than the original one.

make your own from a sheet of stainless and use stainless bolts with copper grease, then have it polished, stainless will cost you about £10 and polishing after you have formed the correct shape will be about £5/£10 depending where you go.

Rusting heat shields has always been a common problem on 4AGE powered twincams.

Not wrong there... But also virtually every other part of the cars too :rolleyes:

Gotta love em tho :thumbsup:

Rusting heat shields has always been a common problem on 4AGE powered twincams.

Not wrong there... But also virtually every other part of the cars too :rolleyes:

Gotta love em tho :thumbsup:

I'll second that. Can't wait to get another one!! :drool:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links