Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member - New Model Rav4?

Ecosse

Hello everyone,

My wife is the proud owner of a 02 RAV4 D-4D which we bought as an ex-demonstrator almost three years ago. It has given us 30,000 miles of faultless service in all kinds of weather.

I've been reading in one of the car mags that the RAV is due to be replaced next year with a new model, but have no further information than this. My wife would like to run the car for six years then trade it in, but I'd like to do so sooner.

Anyone got any better idea of when the new model is likely to appear in our showrooms, or will be available to stick a deposit on i.e. is it a year away or 18 months away?

Thanks,

Brett

The all new 3rd Generation 2006 RAV4 is due to debut at the Tokyo Motorshow this October so at a guess probably early next year before the UK/Europe will see the new RAV4.

The 2006 RAV4 in Europe at least will be offered the new 2.2L D-4D Clean Power Diesel engine that is avaiable soon in the Avensis (150hp or 175hp) and in the new first Diesel Lexus IS220D (175hp). Would nice if the new RAV4 had the 175HP Diesel engine but it will probably be 150hp.

What I am not sure about is the 4-Cylinder engine configuration that will be in the new RAV4, The current RAV4 is offered with a 2.4L engine (160hp) in North America and Australia/NZ but this engine is a few years old now as it used in other Toyota's like the Previa so will probably not meet strict emission standards in Europe.

Hopefully Toyota GB/Europe will also offer the V6 model which is due out next year in North America, Pure guess but I reckon the V6 RAV4 will probably use the new Lexus IS250 (200hp) engine.

And at some stage a Hybrid RAV4 should be offered as Toyota/Lexus did say that all vehicles will at some stage be offered a Hybrid version.

Hi to all TOC members,

Just a follow on, does anyone have any spy shots of the new RAV?, I did see some pics in an Auto mag but cannot find them to show the missus!. any help to find some pics would be welcomed.

Thanks

Carl

The all new 3rd Generation 2006 RAV4 is due to debut at the Tokyo Motorshow this October so at a guess probably early next year before the UK/Europe will see the new RAV4.

The 2006 RAV4 in Europe at least will be offered the new 2.2L D-4D Clean Power Diesel engine that is avaiable soon in the Avensis (150hp or 175hp) and in the new first Diesel Lexus IS220D (175hp). Would nice if the new RAV4 had the 175HP Diesel engine but it will probably be 150hp.

What I am not sure about is the 4-Cylinder engine configuration that will be in the new RAV4, The current RAV4 is offered with a 2.4L engine (160hp) in North America and Australia/NZ but this engine is a few years old now as it used in other Toyota's like the Previa so will probably not meet strict emission standards in Europe.

Hopefully Toyota GB/Europe will also offer the V6 model which is due out next year in North America, Pure guess but I reckon the V6 RAV4 will probably use the new Lexus IS250 (200hp) engine.

And at some stage a Hybrid RAV4 should be offered as Toyota/Lexus did say that all vehicles will at some stage be offered a Hybrid version.

Thanks for the feedback. She is sticking firm to her "six year rule" - seven year itch maybe? :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links