Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mobile Phone Help Please

Al J

A few people have done this before. Now it's my turn to get confused. :unsure:

I currently own a Sony Ericsson T630 and want to upgrade mainly because it's a year old and looking very battered. I can get a sexy black Motorola V3 Razr for free from the Vodafone Shop and like the look of it so any advice on that one would be very much appreciated.

Any others I should be looking at? Not worried if it's flip or bar type.

Must haves...

Work on Vodafone network

bluetooth

Camera

Predictive text input

Polyphonic (and preferably Mp3) ringtones

Thanks in anticipation peeps. :thumbsup:

I have the motorola v3 in silver! its sexy!

Picture quality is so good!

You get realtones aswell as polyphonic! It charges dead quick and doesnt over charge so the Battery stays good!

Fab phone! But im bias! :lol:

Hi Al!

The Link has a section where you can search by features..... these are the ones I've found that have bluetooth, Camera and Vodafone.....

Moblies

So just search through all those and find one you fancy! :thumbsup:

Get one that actually allows you to make phone calls... i know someone who had a p800 (?) on the box it sayd.. can also be used as a phone :lol:

I like SonyEricsson phones best as far as interface and features go. I've found them easiest to use and very well designed. Nokias are also excellent.

I've never had a Motorola, but the razor thing looks very cool. I'd just want to know what the Battery life is like on something that thin before I chose it. Battery life is a big issue for me, nothing worse than having a great phone with sh*t Battery life so it's always dying at the worst possible time. Keep that in mind. :yes:

Don't know anything about Vodafone. I don't even think they are a provider here in the States.

I have the motorola v3 in silver! its sexy!

Picture quality is so good!

You get realtones aswell as polyphonic! It charges dead quick and doesnt over charge so the battery stays good!

Fab phone! But im bias!  :lol:

Well that's one vote for the V3 then. I do like it though especially in black. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Hi Al!

The Link has a section where you can search by features..... these are the ones I've found that have Bluetooth, Camera and Vodafone.....

Moblies

So just search through all those and find one you fancy!  :thumbsup:

Ah, you really meant The Link, not just a link, didn't you? :P

Thanks Em.

Keep it coming please, people. Not jumping into buying the first I like the look of (for once!).

I have the V3 Al.

its OK - has bluetooth etc.

but - it doesnt support profiles - so you have to go back to storing everyones number separately - ie, instead of having

Matt McNally as a contact with

Home

Work

Mobile

recorded against it - you need to have

Matt McNally - Home

Matt McNally - Work

Matt McNally - Mobile.

makes it a bit of a pain moving your phone book over.

the two buttons under the screen are the opposite way around to the SE too - so YES is on the right and NO on the left - not the end of the world, but will throw you for a while.

Get one that actually allows you to make phone calls... i know someone who had a p800 (?)  on the box it sayd.. can also be used as a phone :lol:

:lol:

I should have said I've already got a Dell Axim PDA running Windows Mobile so I don't need a PC/phone, just something to use as a modem when out of Wi-Fi range.

I have the V3 Al.

its OK - has bluetooth etc.

but - it doesnt support profiles - so you have to go back to storing everyones number separately - ie, instead of having

Matt McNally as a contact with

Home

Work

Mobile

recorded against it - you need to have

Matt McNally - Home

Matt McNally - Work

Matt McNally - Mobile.

makes it a bit of a pain moving your phone book over.

the two buttons under the screen are the opposite way around to the SE too - so YES is on the right and NO on the left - not the end of the world, but will throw you for a while.

Thanks for that, Matt. I suppose I could get around the phone book prob by separating out the profiles on the laptop first then bluetoothing (is that a verb? :lol: ) the contacts over to the new phone..

Well the phone I want to upgrade to in August is the Nokia 7270....

Doesnt have bluetooth though - my current phone does but its not very new....

On a totally different tack... I have a Nokia 6820 as it has bluetooth, IR and tri-band. The camera, blackberry compatability and keyboard are incidental but it makes quite a good phone too and there's no need for predictive text when you have a qwerty keyboard... There's now a new version called the 6822. Here's the link to it on the Nokia site..

Personally I like nokia ones because they're so easy to navigate and are pretty durable to even my abuse. I used to have a 6310i and it was fantastic - all the features I wanted with none of the additional crud.

Hope that helps,

Alan

PS On a good day I can get mine to work with my PDA via IR (don't have a bluetooth card for the pda)

Thanks for that, Matt. I suppose I could get around the phone book prob by separating out the profiles on the laptop first then bluetoothing (is that a verb?  :lol: ) the contacts over to the new phone..

But you dont need to blootooth it over there is a cable and cd for the laptop! Its great! all my pics from the laptop are in my phone vica versa!

Ive got a Samsung d500, it's proper bo! You can store loads of files and the Battery doesn't seem to get any worse!

Only kak thing is the fact that you cant change the message tone, and the preset ones are rubbish...

Apart from that, I couldn't recommend it more highly!

stick to nokia imo my last two phone have been motorola's and had problems with both of them (T720 & V600)

Just got a nokia 6230i last week great little phone

Just my 2p worth

Thanks for all the advice folks. I was hoping one phone would shine like a beacon above all others but it seems there's a fan for just about every phone!

Still deliberating..... :unsure:

My other half has the Nokia 6260 and it does everything and the kitchen sink! Its rated highly everywhere - I'd get one, but me and him did the "matching mobile" thing ages ago! :lol:

Black

timg2550-467.jpg

Silver

n6260noflash.jpg

Hmmm... Yes, liking that but it's not in the Vodafone Shop catalogue so I don't think it's going to be an option. Must get it from them coz they're being nice to me at the mo. :thumbsup:

NOOO em lass i know has that and its pants....... she really didnt appreciate me using MMS technology sending a pic off my **** end :P

D500 hands down.......... FIZZ will agree with me.

I'm a massive Nokia fan, had a few phones, all nokia but recently their phones have been VERY dull.

Dont want to stray.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links