Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Supercharger Coupled With Other Mods

admanirv

Get a Glanza V instead, better looking than the Starlet GT and the same engine, my mates is running 167bhp and has just fitted a FMIC (Rubix_Cube on this site)!

He's aiming for 200bhp without that much cash at all! :thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• earpl

• admanirv

• Ryan1985

• seveer unaek

dissapointed in so many of you :(

Why do u say that??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not sure if my plans have been spoiled by this post!! I really want to get one of these kits but now im not sure.

Its gonna be a hard decision. Ive got money waiting on a project & i dont know what im gonna do with it now :help:

Why do u say that??

Im not sure if my plans have been spoiled by this post!! I really want to get one of these kits but now im not sure.

Its gonna be a hard decision. Ive got money waiting on a project & i dont know what im gonna do with it now :help:

Do it :thumbsup:

CB

Mate, like I said before in the Glanza forum, get a Glanza, they're **** hot, was looking at getting one myself a month or so ago, straight swap with my Vitz, but turns out i was a day late or so. ********! They're capable of about 200hp with modding the internals of the engine too much and look so much better than a starlet turbo. Glanza_MK is in the process of importing one from Japan now, looks like he got a got deal and a mint car, give him a PM if i was you

Why bother with all that hassle? I'm sure the £3k - £5k could be put to much better use. No matter how many times you sit back and think about it, it just doesn't make sense.

You sell the T-Sport for £6k (example), so £6k + £4k (which would be spent on turbo/sc) = £10k! So what can we get for £10k? MR2 turbo - yes, Celica GT4 - yes, my CRX (2.5k) - yes, scooby - yes, etc.... All of which will be faster then a supercharged Yaris AND you'd have money left over to make them EVEN faster.

Unless you can get the s/c or turbo free, I don't see the logic. A stealth Yaris would be extremely cool - but 7 seconds isn't mind blowing for a turbo car - and is slower then a lot of N/A cars too.

sorry but i have to agree here

i was opting to spend 6 grand on my yaris to get 'maybe' 160bhp?

for 6k i bought an mr2 turbo with 260bhp (as near std) and its more than capable of trouncing a heavily moded yaris!

but then if your after a mega unique powerful and light yaris and arnt worried about burning the $$'s then go for it

:thumbsup:

I have to agree as well. I would love to do silly things to the Yaris but at the end of the day it's city car that you can have lots of fun in and if I had unlimited resources I would do silly things with it and end up with a show monster with a engine lifespan of 5k miles! In RL tho with those resources I would have a R34 Skyline! :thumbsup:

Why do u say that??

because take your yaris. you spend 6 k on a supercharger etc. yeah? or you buy a mr2 turbo, which is quicker than your super charged yaris. but at the end of the day its just a standard mr2 (no offence to anyone as i love em). the other option (sc/ing your yari) you have a top looking motor which is rare, goes like split **** for a 1.5, at the end of the day so what if you get done by mr2's. its not a 2.0 T its a 1500 :P

Thanks Earpl :thumbsup:

I think i may just tart the engine bay up a bit, a few 'bling' parts i.e oil caps etc. Also get the hosing done. Then i think i should change the wheels, get some 17's on it (which im not really a fan of) Gold Multi-spoke with deepdish chrome lip? I think that should do it :wacko:

im about finnished blinging my bay :P

need to get some up to date pics up :P although a few have seen it.

now some work on the MKIV

eh moffmo ;) :ph34r:

now some work on the MKIV

eh moffmo ;)  :ph34r:

Shhhhhhhh

If I keep mine and don't get a T-Sport I'll be sending mine to Fensport! ;)

Turboing it?

Thinking a bit more than that but its a while away anyway! Maybe in a year or 2 when my insurance is a bit cheaper and when I have the money, it ain't gonna be cheap! ;)

im i right in thinking that the new Yaris T-Sport will have the 190 BHP engine from the celica

as my dad has got that engine in his New Corolla T-Sport and its rapid :P

Turboing it?

Thinking a bit more than that but its a while away anyway! Maybe in a year or 2 when my insurance is a bit cheaper and when I have the money, it ain't gonna be cheap! ;)

no no no sell your car and get a TS, i want your shocks and springs :P , are ya thinking of a 1.0 Turbo yaris aswell go an lad do it.

because take your yaris. you spend 6 k on a supercharger etc. yeah? or you buy a mr2 turbo, which is quicker than your super charged yaris. but at the end of the day its just a standard mr2 (no offence to anyone as i love em). the other option (sc/ing your yari) you have a top looking motor which is rare, goes like split **** for a 1.5, at the end of the day so what if you get done by mr2's. its not a 2.0 T its a 1500

i see your point and its a good one, it the same old story as usual to be led by you head or your heart (but she has such a good looking sister, do i or not, long story,!Removed! :ffs: ) it like my yaris people say "hey nice car pitty its only a 1.0" the look on there faces when i say its a TURBO aaaa its so funny, there face swinches up and they reply "WHAT", its worth it for that alone. its a hard one to call i was dead lucky, i don`t think i`d do it if i had to pay full price and would of got a TS, now what i have IMO is a good looking, fast, nearly as quick as a TS but it is rare and has the "WHAT" factor, same as TS turbo with 200+bhp would have, but do you do it is the question

Celica gt4 (carlos sainz ed!) for me next...will only be tarting up the body of my 1.0l for now while my insurance goes down! (gonna be a long wait! :( )

are ya thinking of a 1.0 Turbo yaris aswell go an lad do it.

Not quite, I have bigger plans but they are nothing but dreams just now! :(

best bet would be the 3sgte conversion if you want ultimate go!

or maybe an mr2 supercharger lump

but for the 3s, and i contemplated doing this, even had a wrecked mr2 sat around for a bit that was gagging to give up its engine :rolleyes: but did a few measurement checks and you would have to do one hell of alot of modding in the front end! even maybe going as far as extending the nose out a few inches.

bear in mind the 3s engine is not massive its the way it leans back and has the turbo assembly on one end, makes it very long from end to end and i doubt the yaris has ample room... and then you have to think about where all the pipes etc... are gonna go... and itll need serious engine mounting overcoming as the 3s and inz mounts are all in totally different areas!

and all these your talking serious $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s! but youll be talking over 300bhp per ton with a tuned 3s!

the 4agze engine from the supercharged '2' would be best bet as its quite compact and sits more upright and with something like a healthy 160 on tap, superior twin cam top end and revvy as funk!

i reckon you could pull this conversion off for 5g's maybe?

having saying that....

a t-sport engine into, non tsport cars with the supercharger and a few mods and for roughly 6k i think (depending on how much the lump is second hand) youd be looking at similar outputs, and it would be a darn sight easier to chuck in

So true....

... funny how it seems... :lol:

Has it changed since i last saw it?? If not, it still looks sh*t hot!

ok whats the potential 0-60 wise, bhp without a supercharged and jsut standard mods e.g

flywheel, manifold, filter etc?

might wait because its looking likely ill gte a glanza in december

i'll see what ive got :rolleyes:

yeah get a glanza but then all you have is an old glanza.........

Right, but it's potential is not as limited as the Yaris. I think that's the point here.

Not that you should chose either one for going fast, but any improvements the Yaris offers over the Starlet Glanza have nothing to do with performance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links