Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

88 Supra Dosent Rev Up Help!

civicr33

88 supra 7MGTE Here is the thing: when the car is started you put in to 1st gear let go of the clutch it will only go up to 2800RPM and starts to choke the RPM'S goes down when youy with the gas pedal but like on idle it seems it runs fine. Sometimes the turbo kicks in it goes like new 8lb boost nice but when i slow down the car starts to choke untill it dies. the MAF mass air flow sensor is new, new harness new fuel pump Please help i took it to proffesional thats what they call them selves autowerks motorsports and they dont know whats causing the problem i paid 500$ for nothing Please help :ffs:

First things first...... Pull the plug laeads out and look in the holes... is there any oil or moisture in there???

First things first...... Pull the plug laeads out and look in the holes... is there any oil or moisture in there???

no oil no moisture it semas like its cutting off fuel i would say but those as**oles at autowerks motorsports INC said its not and they couldnt fix it

Check to see if there is a blockage in the exhaust system. Will the engine rpm go to 4-5 k in neutral? If it won't, there may be blockage. A 'back-pressure' test can be performed to check this too.

Have you tried plugging the old MAF back in ? Why did you replace it in the first place ?

Also have you tried checking the ECU for any diagnostic codes.

Fuel filter clogged or Throttle Positioner Switch needs adjustment (not coming off Idle Contacts).

Fuel filter clogged or Throttle Positioner Switch needs adjustment (not coming off Idle Contacts).

exhaust wast temporally taken off to see if its clauged but its not

The exhaust is totally unrelated to either of the bits Mick mentioned!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links