Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Power!

mr chris

Hiya, I have just bought myself an oldish land cruiser 1992 turbo diesel model. It's an automatic and seems such a great monster. Thing is it runs like a mouse!!

I went to Toyota world in aston birmingham uk for a diagnostic test to see what the problem is. They supposedly did a diagnostic test on the vehicle and told me there was no fuel to the injectors even though I managed to drive it there and back!!! they passed me onto a firm called api engines in cannock where they told me they probably could fix it but the labour costs would be in excess of 45 pounds an hour!!!!. I tried another firm who does diesels called carwoods in smethwick and there labour charges are 35/hour!! and they havn't got a clue as to how long it would take them to replace the fuel pump. I am prepared to pay around 1000 pounds to get the thing on the road so it pulls as it should, I have a six berth touring caravan to take on holiday this year and that is why I bought this brute! At the moment it wouldn't pull a mini trailer!

Does anyone know of a place that services and repairs diesel engines including the fuel system for a reasonable cost for labour, I know the pump itself will probably cost me around 700 pound which although astronomically expencive I am prepared to pay for but I don't like people ripping me off. Surely someone here knows of a reasonable place to help me.

many thanks

chris. (very newbie) :help::crybaby:

there is a lace near me (in derby) that can setup and overhaul your pump. should cost about £800+vat

service garage, borrowash, derbys. 01332 663982.

hope ou get it sorted. thats the problem with diesels, not many ppl know how to repair them and those who do charge the earth

Hiya, I have just bought myself an oldish land cruiser 1992  turbo diesel model.  It's an automatic and seems such a great monster.  Thing is it runs like a mouse!!

I went to Toyota world in aston birmingham uk for a diagnostic test to see what the problem is.  They supposedly did a diagnostic test on the vehicle and told me there was no fuel to the injectors even though I managed to drive it there and back!!! they passed me onto a firm called api engines in cannock where they told me they probably could fix it but the labour costs would be in excess of 45 pounds an hour!!!!.  I tried another firm who does diesels called carwoods in smethwick and there labour charges are 35/hour!! and they havn't got a clue as to how long it would take them to replace the fuel pump.  I am prepared to pay around 1000 pounds to get the thing on the road so it pulls as it should, I have a six berth touring caravan to take on holiday this year and that is why I bought this brute! At the moment it wouldn't pull a mini trailer!

Does anyone know of a place that services and repairs diesel engines including the fuel system for a reasonable cost for labour, I know the pump itself will probably cost me around 700 pound which although astronomically expencive I am prepared to pay for but I don't like people ripping me off.  Surely someone here knows of a reasonable place to help me.

many thanks

chris.  (very newbie) :help:  :crybaby:

Thanks dawesy for your trouble and time I may well give them a try. Thank you once again.

Thanks dawsey, I have just arranged for my land cruiser to be looked at by a firm in Erdington birmingham next thursday 9th June and they say they will charge around 180 for labour including fitting and supplying timing belt plus the pump so it seems about the same as the derby firm if not a little cheaper and as I live in birmingham it is only a half hour drive for me so I hope these chaps can do me justice! But many thanks as this has confirmed that I am not getting ripped off.

What kind of pumps are they. If they are Denso pumps then anyone who can fix a Nissan Patrol Bosch/Zexel pump maybe able to help as they are similar in design.

Someone who works on Dyna trucks or Hiace vans may also have knowledge of these

I just a had 1HZ 6cyl Denso pump totally rebuilt with new head and entire casing and it cost me $1500 AUD.That doesnt include fitting it to the engine :ffs: .

• 7 months later...

What kind of pumps are they. If they are Denso pumps then anyone who can fix a Nissan Patrol Bosch/Zexel pump maybe able to help as they are similar in design.

Someone who works on Dyna trucks or Hiace vans may also have knowledge of these

I just a had 1HZ 6cyl Denso pump totally rebuilt with new head and entire casing and it cost me $1500 AUD.That doesnt include fitting it to the engine :ffs: .

Several months too late probably.I rebuilt the Denso diesel pump on my 2c engine, did the timing belt too. Had to get a workshop manual for a camry whic hcovered the engine (not that good though). Ended up getting a complete kit for $25NZ which encluded everything apart from the main seal that goes on the pully end. Main thing is the labour. Pulled it all apart slowly, taking pictures. Mostly all goes back together and difficult to put it together wrong. Parts from : sales@dieselject.com.au

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Ewabom,

It's not too late as my truck is still in the flaming mechanics, it revs flat out

on its own accord now and the mechanic is stumped. so is everyone else it seems.

many thanks

Chris.

Thanks Ewabom,

It's not too late as my truck is still in the flaming mechanics, it revs flat out

on its own accord now and the mechanic is stumped. so is everyone else it seems.

many thanks

Chris.

I bet a pound for a pinch of dog doo they have set the timing wrong

Also if i remember there is a adjuster bolt on the pump that controls the amount of fuel injected at idle

If that was the case surely it would run flat out as soon as it started up

mine only runs flat out if left to idle for about 5-15 minutes?

If that was the case surely it would run flat out as soon as it started up

mine only runs flat out if left to idle for about 5-15 minutes?

Is your fuel system on that controled by a Electronic fuel injection system like on the some of the Hilux's as that could be at fault.

But as for the timing being out i have known this fault to occour after a timing belt being fitted incorrectly

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links