Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had A Bit Of A Scare!

Tegan

Was on my way to work today and i just got into mansfield town centre .. the rain was pouring down and id just come to a tight corner on the one way system (for those in mansfield- t'was the village corner)

Not being used to a RWD car i took the corner a bit too fast and the back end stepped out! :(

I didnt realise at first what was happening so it took me a while to correct it .... and being a novice i turned the wheel the wrong way doh! which made me spin 180 and i ended up facing the wrong way down the one way system!

It was weird cos it got to a point where my mind just went clear and i thought 'best put the brakes on!' lol!

luckily i didnt hit anything .... i couldnt get up this morning and was late out of the house so there was less traffic on the road thank god!

I only dented my pride! :lol: but that will heal! (i think) :rolleyes:

Me thinks its time for some advanced driving training!

bet that made you drive a bit more conservativly im sure!.. lol

Good to hear you didnt get yourself into any trouble.. and yeah.. you need to respect RWD cars.. esp the mid engine ones with all the weight at the rear..

Take it to a track day and learn the limits as i did.. :rolleyes: those 2 spins were cool.. was laughing my butt off with my passengers at the time.. :D

Ouch, glad you got out of it ok. :) Yeah, must take a bit of practice getting used to the new setup. I never liked jumping in my mates mr2 when he got it as he was always used to FWD. As Fizz said, a track day would be a perfect opportunity to get some practice in and see what the car really handles like and how it responds!

That corner is not very good at the best of times, especially in the rain :(

Glad you didnt hit anything or hurt yourself tho! :yes:

Yeah i think i will have to have a burn in september at bruntingthorpe

Plenty of space to fly about and spin off ..perfect for practising

I think its a good idea for everyone to do that ... get to know the limits of your car etc ... i dont pretend to be the best driver in the world so i do need some training :yes:

Im gonna get a set of new tyres all round aswell just to be sure ive got good grip

think the rear drivers side is near the limit!

And Fizz- i did drive like a granny all way to work after that ..shook me a bit TBH!

Yeah i think i will have to have a burn in september at bruntingthorpe

And Fizz-  i did drive like a granny all way to work after that ..shook me a bit TBH!

Brunters sounds good ehh... i can imagine it being wet then as well... :P

And we all have 'incidents' when you move from FWD to RWD.. although i have never span it on the roads.. but then thats down to the LSD thats on mine i think...

Been told it handles better when you put your foot down out of corners as its more stable.. :thumbsup:

id love to try a Mk1 though.. heard so many good things about it!.. you or Rob are going to have to take me out for a spin... :yes:

id love to try a Mk1 though.. heard so many good things about it!.. you or Rob are going to have to take me out for a spin...  :yes:

Ditto :rolleyes:

id love to try a Mk1 though.. heard so many good things about it!.. you or Rob are going to have to take me out for a spin...  :yes:

Ditto :rolleyes:

'Shotgun Slag' should be your username!!... :lol:

Brunters sounds good ehh... i can imagine it being wet then as well... :P

And we all have 'incidents' when you move from FWD to RWD.. although i have never span it on the roads.. but then thats down to the LSD thats on mine i think...

Been told it handles better when you put your foot down out of corners as its more stable.. :thumbsup:

id love to try a Mk1 though.. heard so many good things about it!.. you or Rob are going to have to take me out for a spin... :yes:

Im not sure putting my foot down would have helped this time as id already overcorrected as was on my way into the wall :blink:

i will take you for a ride no probs :P

Did you find it hard to use the clutch with your leg shaking so much?

what me? my leg wasnt shaking :wacko:

iv found when something scares you, my leg proper shakes loads and i find it hard to set off smoothly and stuff..

When i drove away from the traffic warden that was a prime example, jerky changes and wheelspinny set offs :lol: :lol:

lol ive done that after i have had a couple of near misses. cant control the clutch properly to save my life

That sounds awful Tegan - a real change of knickers moment!

It must be hard though when you are used to a car and then change, especially to a more powerful car, sometimes I underestimate my other halfs 1.6 206, but mainly because I'm not used to the power, as I only drive a 1.3.

Still..... at least you know now! :thumbsup:

id of wheelspan off from a traffic warden anyway, covered him in smoke just for the fun..............but im a tad evil like that!

em are you sure your other halfs 1.6 206 is that quick i left a 1.4 in my 1.0l i mean only the !Removed! make proper engines these days!

id of wheelspan off from a traffic warden anyway, covered him in smoke just for the fun..............but im a tad evil like that!

Lol i did, and it was a she

*a fit one at that

But i was doing it like 3 miles down the road when i didnt need to :rolleyes:

If you did a 360, how come you were facing the wrong way?

Shatap... you know what she means.. <_<

made me spin 360 and i ended up facing the wrong way down the one way system!

So were you going down the wrong way in the first place then?lol :)

I had a few moments like that in my old MR2, at first the scare ya, then you get used to them, the you start to try and do it and control it :) great fun!lol

Okay ...180 you know what i meant! ..some people just have to be pedantic! :angry:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!

Carefull missy :P

They are very skinny tires as stock!!

I have seena few mk1s with mk3 wheels on... (more grip!) but on the other hand it would be a shame as its soo standard...

Either way as said everyone has their first scare.. Milly has.. in my car :yes:

So driving in the wet in reverse, our teg's is a rite old fanatic aint she? heh

Glad to hear you're ok though, i rem my first spin... was fun... made me actually want to do it again, but not if ya get what i mean??? :unsure:

-Z

i know what you mean Z , i wanna do it again but on track where ive got plenty of room to play :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links