Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dials Again

shahidafridi

firstly want to apologise this question has prob been posed b4 n u all r prob sick to the back teeth with it!

but neway.......

My celica is an import and has still got the KM/H dials on.

How do i go about changing this to MP/H ...?

three main questions

1...Is this expensive?

2...Can i do it myself?

3...Is there an alternate, ie get a digital thingy which i can plug into my ciggy lighter! n save me the hassle!

You buy a convertor, there is two types (as far as I know)

One type alters the signals going to the needle so that the kmph become mph (ie when it says you're doing 50kph you will be doing 50mph)

The other type let you put mph faces on then it points correctly

or failing that you can buy mph faces which work out to be in the same place as the kph numbers.

The speed things that plug in your cig lighter are crap - they try to work out speed by forces inside - very innacurate!

You could get a GPS Unit as the show speed very accuratley but probably aren't legal as they switch off when you go under a bridge! I used mine the other day when I changed to white dials so I knew what speed I was doing a) whilst my clocks were out for an hour or two and B) to calibrate the clocks afterwards

thanks ur help is greately appreciated!

have u ne websites i can visit?

You buy a convertor, there is two types (as far as I know)

One type alters the signals going to the needle so that the kmph become mph (ie when it says you're doing 50kph you will be doing 50mph)

The other type let you put mph faces on then it points correctly

or failing that you can buy mph faces which work out to be in the same place as the kph numbers.

The speed things that plug in your cig lighter are crap - they try to work out speed by forces inside - very innacurate!

You could get a GPS Unit as the show speed very accuratley but probably aren't legal as they switch off when you go under a bridge! I used mine the other day when I changed to white dials so I knew what speed I was doing a) whilst my clocks were out for an hour or two and B) to calibrate the clocks afterwards

the site i gave you appears to be gone now, shame it had just what you needed. www.eliteinternational.co.uk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links