Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Let The Mods Begin...

dicey2k

Ok... So i'm sure you have all seen a lowered Yaris before, but here's another one anyway! :lol:

Firstly i apologise for the dirt, i swear that's only 2 days of use since cleaning so i'm really sorry!!

I have had -30mm TTE Springs fitted to my car today, springs courtesy of Kimi and her mate Tom (Top bloke by the way folks!! Me and chriscanavan drove down in the cdx to meet him and get some parts :lol: ) and fitting courtesy of a top garage in Ramsbottom (That's in Lancashire if you are wondering!) Hats off to all!

Personally i think it looks miles better, and it certainly handles better, although its been a tad damp today so not had chance to have a proper play! So what's next i wonder? Methinks TTE Spoiler and some nice alloys!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry to all 5-Door-Haters BTW.

OK, BEFORE:

tocbeforelowering.jpg

AND AFTER:

toclowered1.jpg

toclowered2.jpg

toclowered3.jpg

All Set for JAE - Just needs a bit of a polish... :thumbsup:

Rob

Ruddy gorgeous Wobby! She's looking ace - didnt take you long to get those pics up!!

Dont get rid of the CDX/T-Spirit alloys though - they're such a rare breed! :crybaby:

What about colour coding your wing mirrors? They look black but I cant really tell, so sorry if they are actually green already!

Looks spanking anyhoo - Kaori and I cant wait to meet her at JAE! :thumbsup::thumbsup::yes:

Looks great!! How much did they set you back?

Whats the handling like? I'll assume more than noticeable handling improvement? Or just reduced body roll?

Cheers Em!

The mirrors are indeed black, which is unfortunate really considering the rest of the car is colour coded, no bump guards either!

Are your mirrors coloured hun??

Looking forward to being at JAE with the rest of the Yarii and TOCers too! :thumbsup:

Whats the handling like? I'll assume more than noticeable handling improvement? Or just reduced body roll?

Well to be honest mate, Aesthetically its miles better as you can see! I ned to give it a proper test for handling but so far its been much better. However, having standard tyres on really doesnt help matters! I'm sure its better tahn before though, drove exactly the same route as i always do and the comedy handling was down to a minimum!

Cheers Em!

The mirrors are indeed black, which is unfortunate really considering the rest of the car is colour coded, no bump guards either!

Looking forward to being at JAE with the rest of the Yarii and TOCers too!  :thumbsup:

Mine are yes me dear..... I really think you should - not that shes not stunning already but then shes totally green - if you see what I mean....

Oooh I'm a poet and I didnt know it! :lol:

Cheers Em!

Looking forward to being at JAE with the rest of the Yarii and TOCers too!  :thumbsup:

Mine are yes me dear..... I really think you should - not that shes not stunning already but then shes totally green - if you see what I mean....

haha Em, you make me laugh!

I would love coloured mirrors, think i might get them done when i have my spoiler put on, or i might ask chris to give me a hand!! I Hear he's quite the sprayer!!!

Oh and they were 60 notes and fitted for £40 in half a morning! Can't Grumble! :thumbsup:

Looks great Rob, lowering improves the handling and looks no end!

And no worries about the 5 doors, I've got 5 aswell! :D

And I agree with what Em said about the mirrors, I've got a set of coloured coded mirrors courtesy of Davy (cfc1, cheers mate) but haven't fitted them yet!

Anyway, I'll shutup now! :thumbsup:

Looking good m8.. remember to get it alligned properly (geo check)

The mirrors won't cost much to get done by a bodyshop.. 3 bolts hold them on, 1 behind the top of the door panel.. and the other 2 behind the inner mirror panel.. so not a big job. It will improove the overall look of an allready cracking looking wee car.

PS.. sod the 5 door haters.. they aint got a clue m8 :lol:

EDIT: Ryan..whits takin ye so long??? get thum fitit afore JAE.. or yur no gonnae be alowt tae go. :lol:

Looks so much better :thumbsup:

glad they were ok :yes:

Yaaay!

Rob, that looks much better - I now find that normal Yari look like they're on tip-toes.

Can you do me a favour? When you're testing the handling and noticing how much straighter roundabouts seem and how much less roll there is, check and see if the front feels a but "floaty" over low frequency bumps at motorway speeds.

I'd be interested to know what you think - I feel that the dampers are a bit soft for the springs on mine (I'm not the only one) and I would like to know if its just the extra weight of the D-4D motor taht's causing it or if its just a "standard Yaris" thing...

Cheers :thumbsup:

Alan

Cheers Em!

I would love coloured mirrors, think i might get them done when i have my spoiler put on, or i might ask chris to give me a hand!! I Hear he's quite the sprayer!!!

Oh and they were 60 notes and fitted for £40 in half a morning! Can't Grumble! :thumbsup:

Yeah I hear he's quite the player too......

Ohhh - you said sprayer, not player - lol my mistake! :lol::lol: Only kidding Cwis!

Yeah coloured mirrors would go down a treat - such a simple thing but so so effective! :thumbsup:

Cheers Em!

Yeah I hear he's quite the player too......

Ohhh - you said sprayer, not player - lol my mistake! :lol::lol: Only kidding Cwis!

Yeah coloured mirrors would go down a treat - such a simple thing but so so effective! :thumbsup:

lol me? a player? never :o

i might be able to do interiors but not sure if i want to even attempt exterior stuff

Looks great Rob, lowering improves the handling and looks no end!

And no worries about the 5 doors, I've got 5 aswell! :D

And I agree with what Em said about the mirrors, I've got a set of coloured coded mirrors courtesy of Davy (cfc1, cheers mate) but haven't fitted them yet!

Anyway, I'll shutup now! :thumbsup:

5 Doored Devils are here to stay!

I think the mirrors and the spoiler will be getting done at the same time, really think it would set the car off a treat too! The general consensus is that they need to be green ;)

Looks so much better :thumbsup:

glad they were ok :yes:

Cheers Kim, thanks for sorting it out for me! You're a star!

Alan - I'll look into that... be interesting to see if it is just the extra front end weight!

CFC - I think they did the alignment when it was in because it's as straight as anything now, but i will get it checked anyway, i guess looks can be deceptive!!!

Cheers for the positive comments so far folks, gonna start saving up now... Definatley getting TTE spoiler and the mirrors done, wouldn't mind the official fog lights and controls etc but i think that's going to be a boogar of a job... Also quite like the new gear knob and gaiter off the new Yaris Blue (The black one with the silver middle)

Tina - You might have the same one? Anyway i quite like that!! Also like chriscanavan's tints... The list is endless really!!! :drool:

Also quite like the new gear knob and gaiter off the new Yaris Blue (The black one with the silver middle)

They come on T-Spirit too! :thumbsup: You can pick them up off eBay quite cheap - have seen loads! :thumbsup:

nice job don`t worry about it being ive one too, yea she look sweeter lower go job keep it up

Cheers!

Well she's utterly filthy after these showers we've been having! Sunday is going to be a good cleaning day, i'll do the inside if its nice! Just going looking on eBay now for a T-Spirit gear knob and associated regalia!!

Oh no... I'VE GOT THE MODDING BUG! :lol: Chris you were right mate! :rolleyes:

Oh no... I'VE GOT THE MODDING BUG!  :lol: Chris you were right mate!  :rolleyes:

lol well i have done a photoshop of wot u can aim for rob. stick it up on here

Just going looking on eBay now for a T-Spirit gear knob and associated regalia!!

Oh no... I'VE GOT THE MODDING BUG!  :lol: Chris you were right mate!  :rolleyes:

That's what happens - you fit the springs and think "That was painless, only £25 on to the insurance" and then you want a bit better cornering (front under-strut brace) and then you decide the rear looks a bit naked (TTE Spoiler) and that the gerknob's a but crap (one off Clarky's P1 T-Sport)....

That's why my spare room looks like a parts department atm...

A

Hey car looks alot nicer lowered!

If youve got the bug may i suggest the route of wheels spoiler and colour coded mirrors!You wont recognise you car(in a good way of course)!

There was a coplete set of SR wheels on eBay the other day, new!For £175!Bargain!

CB :thumbsup:

Looking very good indeed. And nowt wrong with five doors mate! :thumbsup:

Cheers Em!

Well to be honest mate, Aesthetically its miles better as you can see! I ned to give it a proper test for handling but so far its been much better. However, having standard tyres on really doesnt help matters! I'm sure its better tahn before though, drove exactly the same route as i always do and the comedy handling was down to a minimum!

Wat Size are ur Rims? Are they 14"? or u got sum bigger ones? cant tell,...Lol :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links