Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk3 N/a Fuel Consumption

daktari

Hi guys. Been offered a tidy mk3 which i`m considering to replace my trusty but ultimately boring as heck xantia diesel. Now i know it`s not even going to come close on fuel consumption, but what sort of mpg mixed driving can i expect. And whats the ins group?

Cheers

Dak. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have got 400 miles to a tank (£55 to fill with super plus) in my TURBO.. so an N/a will have a slightly better fuel economy then that... of course if you rag it it all goes down the pan!!!!

AS for insurance group, not sure... You can insure a mkiii as a classic car, if not they don;t have the boy racery image so insurance it ok!!!

As a guage my girlfriend got insured in her mk3 turbo, all mods declaired (there re a few) fully comp 3 points and claim last year.. for less then it cost her to insure her F reg 1.8 astra :lol::lol:

Shes 22 and paying just over a grand if that helps.

Can I also take the oppertunity to say if you turn the map is the isle of wight counter clockwise a bit, it looks like the Nurburgring??? :D

I have got 400 miles to a  tank (£55 to fill with super plus) in my TURBO.. so an N/a will have a slightly better fuel economy then that... of course if you rag it it all goes down the pan!!!!

AS for insurance group, not sure... You can insure a mkiii as a classic car, if not they don;t have the boy racery image so insurance it ok!!!

As a  guage my girlfriend got insured in her mk3 turbo, all mods declaired (there  re a few) fully comp 3 points and  claim last year.. for less then it cost her to insure her F reg 1.8 astra  :lol:  :lol:

Shes 22 and paying just over a grand if that helps

Cheers Karma. :thumbsup: Not too worried about insurance. Like you say the classic policy thing is a life saver. My GT4 cost less than 300 fully comp mods declared etc. If the fuel works out at about 25 then i can live with that. Time to go haggle. Anything i need to look out for in particular? Head gasket and big ends i know about. :thumbsup:

Can I also take the oppertunity to say if you turn the map is the isle of wight counter clockwise a bit, it looks like the Nurburgring???  :D

Takes a bit longer to get round tho...... Ruddy tourists. :lol::lol:

I found it, I have the official figures...

3.0i - 21.2 MPG urban, 36.7 @ 56mph, 29.4@75mph

Bottome ends are only really a problem due to neglect, headgaskets because they were not tightened enough from the factory <_<

Check for rust under the rear arches, arounf the middles spoiler support, down the A pillar next to the windscreen (where its not been removed properly).

Check the aircon is gassed and working, check the heating works (if not its a very easy free fix, but its a good knocking point) drive it and listen to knocks and clunks.... open the boot and look inside for traces of water collecting (open the flaps in the trim).......

I'm 24 and currently insured on an 88 Mk3 N/A, 3rd party f/t for only 530-odd a year through elephant.co.uk. When I was looking for quotes they gave me the best one, all the other companies wanted between 1k and 1300. I definitely reccomend checking them out.

Lloyd's TSB wanted, and I swear I'm not making this up, 12 grand for 3rd party. :eek:

WE use elephant too!!! they seem to be Mk3 friendly!!! Tescos said they will not insure anyone under 23 in one!!!

WE use elephant too!!! they seem to be Mk3 friendly!!! Tescos said they will not insure anyone under 23 in one!!!

Funny that because i am 18 with 9 months driving experience and Kwik Fit just quoted me 1800!! ;)

Thats why I said tescos :P I have also been driving mkiiis since I was 18.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links