Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Celica Gt

Spuffington

As some of you guys predicted a few weeks ago - see the below hyperlink

http://www.whatcar.com/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=215556

Sorry, but releasing a so-called "range-topper" with virtually exactly the same spec as a T-Sport (only extras being bodykit, suede interior and different gearknob) for a £1,500 premium seems ridiculous. :wacko:

Or is it just me?? :unsure:

Surely they should've done something sexy with the engine or tweaked in some other way? Just a T-Sport with some whacky clothes........think I'll stick with my T-Sport thanks!!

(Mine probably weighs less and is quicker too!!! :P )

They havn't used all the resources available really have they at Toyota :crybaby:

Should've at least done a GT4 and added a big turbo'd engine, 4WD and done something really wild!!! :)

Just noticed at the bottom of that article that they're saying the Celica & MR2 are swansongs for Toyota and will be dropped next year to pave the way for mass-market stuff.

Does that mean there'll never be another Celica? If so, shame..... :(

...........but guess our residual prices will be strong eh?!!?! :D

only extras being bodykit, suede interior and different gearknob for a £1,500 premium seems ridiculous.

Ridiculously cheap I guess you mean. Where else can you get all of that for less than £1,500 (with a manufacturer's warranty)

only extras being bodykit, suede interior and different gearknob for a £1,500 premium seems ridiculous.

Ridiculously cheap I guess you mean. Where else can you get all of that for less than £1,500 (with a manufacturer's warranty)

Sorry have to disagree. Different seat covering and gearknob. Couple of hundred quid , MAX plus Toyota are saving on the originals, and as for a few bits of mass produced plastic? Probably has a true value of a couple of hundred quid, if that. Not exactly one offs are they? :huh:

Okay, assume I agree (which I don't, but let's not get bogged down) what about fitting and painting?

Okay, assume I agree (which I don't, but let's not get bogged down) what about fitting and painting?

Is it not done during production? And if not then i would quite happily learn to spray paint and fit trim for 7-800 pounds a car. :D

Overall we should at least be happy Toyota are bringing out another Celica albeit - the same pretty much as they have out now.

The real disappointment is based on the fact that Toyota are NOT doing anything to enhance the Celica's overall performance which is a shame. I love my 190 but would also like the option to get a more powerful Celica in years to come. :thumbsup:

Overall we should at least be happy Toyota are bringing out another Celica albeit - the same pretty much as they have out now.

The real disappointment is based on the fact that Toyota are NOT doing anything to enhance the Celica's overall performance which is a shame. I love my 190 but would also like the option to get a more powerful Celica in years to come. :thumbsup:

Absolutely right. The Gen 7 is crying out for a Turbo or Supercharger. :thumbsup:

Well, Europe are messing about with a supercharger for the Corolla T Sport (talk about flogging dead horse) which should fit straight on to the Celica, I presume. But, developped in Germany, don't expect it to be cheap.

We can talk about this till we are blue in the face but at the end of the day - if we want the G7's more powerful then it's us that will have to pay for it.......

Toyota are not gonna uprate it and mass-market it I think we can safely assume.......

I'm just gonna enjoy my 190 which I do immensely and not waste money on something which won't dramatically alter it compared to what I will no doubt buy as a complete car package on something or other someday.....

Spoiler could be better , wheels and skirts look great :)

...Celica...supercharger..... :unsure: ....Hehe i thought about trying it myself!!!!!!!!!!

Nah Toyota should have gone mental and chucked a twin turbo on it with all the gubbins...go out with a bang.....bang pop pop...woooshhhhhhhhh :lol::ph34r:

As I have said on the previous threads discussing this 'special edition'..

I was very dissapointed Toyota have done this - in essence, as the Celica Gen 7 is getting on a bit, and will soon be stopped, they decided to release a special edition to boost sales..

So, they revived the GT Badge, which, they could have used to create a 'flagship' sports model for Toyota..

But no, they simply add a bodykit and a few extras to an existing model and bump up the price.

I just think this is a missed opportunity for Toyota - and IMHO it is a poor swan song for a fine sports coupe...

:yes: Totally agree Fidgits m8. Im really starting to like the look of the new Celis too :( will be a shame..same as the mr2s. Classics in my book

The Gen 7 has certainly groen on me - HATED it when it launched in '99 but heck - I drive one NOW :D

Have to say, I will mourn the death of the Celica, but I like what's been mentioned about the 'one sport' (I'm assuming they'll think up a better name later)

0 - 60 in under 5 seconds will put a grin on anybody's face.

Let's just hope I can afford it when it comes out.

Did you choose the colour due to it being like a malteser packet Gordy? :drool:

Now you mention it.................................... :drool:

Have to say, I will mourn the death of the Celica, but I like what's been mentioned about the 'one sport' (I'm assuming they'll think up a better name later)

0 - 60 in under 5 seconds will put a grin on anybody's face.

Let's just hope I can afford it when it comes out.

Better name..................let's see now.................

I got it................................

CELICA :D

unfortunately most manufacturers, especialy FORD and Vauxhall, do limited editions at the end of the range - the Gen 6 had limited editions, i think its just a way to get rid of asll the stock they have lying around - who knows.

anyways, besides my drivel while i'm on painkillers, somehow something tells me that there will be a new celica in the future, they just can't drop a car like that after 4 decades.

perhaps in a couple of years they'll bring in the gen 8?

well, we just have to hope.

Just looking at it again........anybody else think that rear wing just looks really, really sh :censor: t ?????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links