Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are St162 & St182 Headgaskets Both The Same?

blackcat

:huh: Ive changed h/gaskets on a few st16's but no st18 models as yet.I went to local factors and they had h/gasket for st162 but not st182.I enquired that they are both 3SGE engines & should be identical h/gaskets but the fella was adament that they are different according to his parts book.

Im about to start job on st182.I bought the st162 h/gasket as Im not sure his facts were right. Can anyone here verify or give me info on this.

Thanks in advance to all who may help!!!

:huh: Ive changed h/gaskets on a few st16's but no st18 models as yet.I went to local factors and they had h/gasket for st162 but not st182.I enquired that they are both 3SGE engines & should be identical h/gaskets but the fella was adament that they are different according to his parts book.

Im about to start job on st182.I bought the st162 h/gasket as Im not sure his facts were right. Can anyone here verify or give me info on this.

Thanks in advance to all who may help!!!

I'm not sure about the head gasket itself (it may well be the same). But if you buy the head gasket set it includes all the manifold gaskets and stem seals etc. Some of the manifold gaskets will definitely be different, and this might be why the two kits have different part numbers.

I have a photo of and ST182 cylinder head face. You may be able to compare it to the gasket you have, but it's by no means conclusive. If you want to see the picture let me know.

In that situation I would put both on a credit card and pick the correct one when you get the head off. Most factors will let you open the sellophane and tape it back up for a refund if incorrect.

If you are replacing the valve stem oil seals some are colour coded for inlet and outlet. The last kit I had contained green and brown, green was inlet, brown was outlet.

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links