Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thermos?

Tawse57

Good point, but I'm sure I've read in several places that the Thermos is only fitted to the US models. Also there is no mention of it in the UK handbook.

I'm sure it would be advantageous in UK winters but so far have accepted its absence from the European Specs as "just one of those marketing things" like giving the UK models the ability so select Miles or Kilometers but not other European models. So we are catered for if we drive to mainland Europe but they have to mentally adjust KPH to MPH if they drive to the UK!

OK, then what is that whirring noise after turning off the Prius?

A few months back I read on another car forum that alot of the major car makers who make diesels provide the European models with a special heater to provide instant heat in cold weather but that they did not supply them in the UK models - Brit drivers having to drive 30 odd miles on a cold morning before their diesels warm up the cabin!

Rip off Britain! Rip off the British public per usual!

OK, then what is that whirring noise after turning off the Prius?

I could be wrong but.......

The Prius lines up the engine so that it is in the optimum positiion for starting/restarting. Could it be that?

Mind you, I've heard it make noises hours after being turned off!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links