Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Failed Mot

Lenry

Ok Guys and Gals "Never forget the Gals" the Yaris failed the MOT today because:

* Both front ani-roll bar bush’s worn to excess.

* Both front arm lower rear bush's unbonded to excess.

* Front brake pads below 1.5mm

I know that the pads are not covered, but is the other stuff as it runs out the end of this month.

Plus as I only bought the car a year ago is it normal for this wear and tear to happen in just a year. Sorry if I sound a bit like a no nothing.

Last thing price any idea on the three things.

For the age of the car.. this could possibly to be expected, just depends how harsh the miles it has done have been (bumpy roads etc), it is just wear and tear, and bushes are a consumable part of every car. As for the price, i have no idea.. shop around though.

thats cheap i was quoted £ 290 for a wishbone arm , £ 39-90 for the ball joint plus vat

this is for a 1995 celica gt.

these rubbers dont last long if you go tearing around --- on copied arms

Did you buy your car from TOyota and do you have any warranty. The bushes should be covered under warranty. i think they are. you should check.

The bushes on mine need changing at 50K MOT and Mr T charged a bomb £130 - I think for replacing them. Only took less than 15 mins.

I had my front roll bushes replaced under warranty ... but then again that was because they needed doing at her 2nd service... and the guy said that they shouldnt wear -that- quick...

I bought the car from Toyota on June the 29th 2004

I think I will phone Toyota tomorrow and ask if they are covered under warranty.

What if they say no i know the dealers don’t like making work for there self.

Like when the windows seals went they said "no, no there not covered under warranty".

I told them that there were, I kept going at them until they admitted that they were covered.

How do I find out for sure if they are covered? is there a Warranty company that Toyota use that i can contact?

The anti-roll bar bushes cost about £5 each and Mr T fitted them for me for £20 and that was cheaper than my local independant garage which was peculiar! :wacko:

How do I find out for sure if they are covered? is there a Warranty company that Toyota use that i can contact?

Toyota IS the warranty company! :D

Whats covered should be in your handbook I think, well the rough guidelines - I was always of the understanding it was everything but tyres and brakes, basically anything that could be general wear and tear. Door seals are not classed as general wear and tear so they should be included!

It’s T Reg, coming up to 6 years old now, the old bugger.

I had a years warranty as it's was a used car from the dealer.

I'm phoning Toyota now to see what the situation is.

I took the Yaris to Toyota the other day,

as the Warranty runs out very soon.

This was what needs replacing Yaris Repair Report.XLS

It turns out the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) was due the Air flow filter that’s being replaced under warranty nice one.

Check out the .xls file that is a serious repair for a failed MOT.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links