Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Me And... Mr T

Al J

I've had my new Yaris 1.3 Colour Collection since March. I love it but there were a few issues, shall we say, about the finish. A couple of little bits on the edge of the driver's door that were white, as if the paint hadn't taken. They're under the clear lacquer coat so not chipped paint. I'd have done them myself but this is a new car! Worse were two little scuffs on the dashboard. Now those I really wasn't happy with.

They even put the number plates on at an angle!

The car's also managed to pick up a few clicks and rattles in the last couple of thousand miles so I wanted them sorting too.

Anyway, a phone call and an email listing my niggles with the car (er, yeah, there were a few more, I'm fussy!) and they said bring it in and we'll sort it. Finally got the chance to take her in on Monday night and hopefully picking her up on Wednesday. I know she's getting a new dashboard (top part) fitted and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the other points are sorted out too.

In the meantime I'm driving a 54 plate, 1 litre T2 courtesy car in silver. Only 4k on the clock and still got its new car smell. All very nice but I've got used to my car now and I'm missing those other 300cc and don't even get me started on no central locking (let alone remote entry), no aircon, no cd :eek: and no wheel mounted audio controls. I also keep pressing an imaginary button to wind down the window!

Nice but not the same, is it?

lind3.jpg

lind1.jpg

Will there be a happy ending? Watch this space! :yes:

I had a T2 Courtesy Car too, was quite surprised how well it performed actually. Coming from my T-Sport, I was expecting a really sluggish and slow car, but it was quite nippy. Got scared the first corner I went round, as the tyres are about 1/2 the width of the T-Sport, tought I was going to slide straight off the road, (I must have taken it a bit too fast)

Anyway, hope everything goes well for today, fingers crossed...

Al, can you now see why I still think of my T3 as luxurious after the "S"?

Hope everything gets fixed...

Alan

Theres always a happy ending Al...... isnt there? :unsure:

Although I must admit, when I got a courtesy car before I got Kaori, I got a 1l Yaris Blue, which isnt really low spec but I still missed things from the T-Spirit - you just get used to what you have I guess!

Hope everything goes ok - I'm sure it will! :thumbsup:

I love my S (practically a t2) it performs quite well compared to the diesel school car i'm also learning in!

My dash is covered in scuffs and i've lost count of the no. of stone chips on the nose!!

hopefully they'll sort it all out for you, and don't be too hard on the lowly base spec yaris'!!

Ed

I got a 1.0L Blue when mine went in too get air con fitted, the spec was the same but going back to a 1.0L was a real shock! Never realised how different they both felt until then..

Hope you get it all sorted tho, getting a new dash top part too? Good - so you should!!

Definately prefer the look of your car to the T2

Blue

Darren had a 1.0 t2 when ours was in for work! only problem was that the other branch were in charge of taxing all the courtesy cars and forgot about the one he was in! lets just say he wont have one again!

They did sort out niggles out though! but it helped that i work upstairs from them! :lol:

Well I've had a phone call from my Mr T to tell me all is sorted and I can pick her up. Going in about ten minutes. ("Teachers? They're hardly ever there!").

Keeping everything crossed which may cause a problem driving down the M53. ;)

I've got a T2, exactly like that in the pic Al.

After writing off my last car, I got a T3 in black for a hire car. It was lush.

I had it a month, but I do miss the goodies like central locking, leccy windows, etc....

Hmm.... wonder how much it'd cost to get a T3 on trade for my T2....

I've got a T2, exactly like that in the pic Al.

After writing off my last car, I got a T3 in black for a hire car. It was lush.

I had it a month, but I do miss the goodies like central locking, leccy windows, etc....

Hmm.... wonder how much it'd cost to get a T3 on trade for my T2....

Get rid of Zanipolo? :( btw Parkers reckon about £5k on a trade for a T2! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the good wishes, folks! :thumbsup:

Well I'm back from Mr T with youki and all seems to be well, just about. Plates are now on straight. New dashboard fitted and looking so much better. No little scuffs. There was also an issue with the fit of the airbag cover. It was curling up at the edges. Sorted! Rattles seem to have gone but no opportunity to chuck it around a few bends when on a motorway so that one's pending until I can get her into the countryside.

They did miss one bit on the edge of the driver's door but I'll do that myself (bought a Thunder Grey touch up paint kit while I was there).

Car was washed and valetted inside. Interior is now cleaner than when I first got it (yeah, there were even probs with that!). Their man isn't the greatest at cleaning windows though but my friendly local hand car wash peeps will sort that. She'll be going in for the full works before my Summer hols. :yes:

Much happier now and she now feels like the new car I should have got in the first place, if you know what I mean.

So, a happy ending after all, assuming the rattles stay away!

Oh and please don't think I was dissing the T2. It's a nice car as I said but I do like my toys. :P

Guess who went to open the door with the key rather than pressing the button when it was time to drive her away! :rolleyes:

I don't think I could afford to upgrade anyways Dem.

The T3 could always be called Zanipolo, mark II!

:D

Nice one Al, Has anyone driven both a phase 1 and phase 2? I drove my dads Blue today for 5 mins and it seemed much more refined than mine, maybe cos mine has done around 54k and my dads has done only about 8k or something though! :unsure:

The Yaris I test drove before I bought Karis was a P1 but that was only for about 20 mins so I cant really remember to compare!

I have Ryan! I've owned both Phase 1 and Phase 2.

The P2s are more refined than the P1s. At first I thought it was because my P2s were D-4D T3s and my P1 had only been a 1.0 S, but I drove my sisters 1.0 Blue from Aberfeldy to London one morning and is was way more rrfined than the P1.

:thumbsup:

Alan

Yes, I had a 1.0 P1 Colour Collection and now have a 1.3 P2 Colour Collection! :P

The P1 had less than 3k on her when I bought it so I can compare. The courtesy car was a 1.0 P2 also. There seems to be a little less roll on the P2. There is also more sound proofing and a generally more refined 'feel', not that the P1 was too shabby anyway. :yes:

Probably just me now being used to my 1.3 but the 1.0 P2 didn't seem as responsive as the 1.0 P1. I'm imagining that, aren't I?

I keep noticing little touches where they've probably listened to owners (well, c'mon, they might do!) and changed things.

Light in boot (makes a BIG difference).

Three proper seat belts in the back (pity about that strange plastic thingy the middle one goes through, though).

Lever gizmo in boot to allow you to slide rear seat forwards from inside the hatch (the one inside the car can make for some athletic positions in a three or five door!).

Has anyone driven both a phase 1 and phase 2?

Drove two P2's (4 actually including courtesy cars from MrT lol!) and a P1 T-Sport, I prefer the T-Sport over the Blue all round anyway but that's a different "discussion" all together lol. The P2 feels more "sturdier" and stiffer to drive - but then the Yaris Blue has only done 3k and the T-Sport has done 48k (approx) so that could be a factor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links