Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player

mayoyaris

I want to install a new Cd player to My 2000 Toyota Yaris. I want to keep the existing fascia and i don't want to loose the clock which is on the same display as the existing radio. I currently only have a tape deck but there does seem to be a section free to install a CD Player. I have no idea about cars and i'll have to get my boyfriend to install it. Is it going to be a nightmare? :help:

I think you mean in the coin box?.. Big black empty hole below tape and radio stuff... that's exactly where i have my new head unit installed, and it's really not that hardif you've got a bit of knowledge... Failing that fittings about 20 quid otherwise, so not worth the hassle.

BTW a lot of the chaps on here will no doubt tell you to get a new fascia and not use the "old coin box trick" but i think mine looks okay...

I think you mean in the coin box?.. Big black empty hole below tape and radio stuff... that's exactly where  i have my new head unit installed, and it's really not that hardif you've got a bit of knowledge... Failing that fittings about 20 quid otherwise, so not worth the hassle.

BTW a lot of the chaps on here will no doubt tell you to get a new fascia and not use the "old coin box trick" but i think mine looks okay...

Sounds great! But will the wires that are connected to the existing radio be the same wires needed to conect the new Cd Player? or is that an obvious question? So then how does the clock work ect? ( :unsure: I really have no clue!)

You would need a new ISO toyota specific adapter...

When i learnt it was 20 quid to get it installed at the shop i got the adapter from i just left it with them!

I still have the trip, clock, temp etc, with the seperate cd player running independantly...

I want to install a new Cd player to My 2000 Toyota Yaris. I want to keep the existing fascia and i don't want to loose the clock which is on the same display as the existing radio. I currently only have a tape deck but there does seem to be a section free to install a CD Player. I have no idea about cars and i'll have to get my boyfriend to install it.  Is it going to be a nightmare? :help:

you can swap it over for a cd player specifically by toyota for yaris without any problems just plug in to existing plugs 2 min job.

theres hundreds of posts regarding this, a quick search and your away.

As above...

I posted sum replys to a couple of peeps a couple of weeks back, on how I did mine.

You can put an aftermarket headunit in, and get the official toyota fascia surround from Mr T himself....

It's all in the "How To" section at the top. ;)

yea you can get a single disc and even a 6 disc the will fit in the "coin holder" off a toyota main dealer if ya wanted to :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links