Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who Wants Some T-sport Alloys?

vitzpower

Hi all,

Was just browsing eBay and saw these newly listed for anyone who is looking for some YTS boots:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7983186228&rd=1

(BTW, before the Moderators decide to take off this thread, these are not my wheels. Just thought they may be of interest to other members. :thumbsup: )

OR you could buy mine which are brand new with brand new tyres! :D

Hmm how come two of the tyres are worn more than the other two??

If I was after some - I'd buy Ryans! At least then I'd know where they'd been! :thumbsup:

because the fron wheels (driving wheels) pull the car along (there fore more wear) and the rear wheels just follow the car around and dont wear as much.

Hmm how come two of the tyres are worn more than the other two??

If I was after some - I'd buy Ryans! At least then I'd know where they'd been!  :thumbsup:

mine too, done no more than 5miles down the garage to get 17 OZ super legs on, but mine are already commited to a buyer.

You go through 2, sometimes even 3, sets of front tyres before you will need to replace the rear tyres.. all front wheel drive cars have this charak.. cara.. chrca... are more or less the same.

characteristic?

I read somewhere that when you're getting your front tyres changed on a fwd car you should take off the front tyres, move the rears to the front and fit the back tyres to the front.

This was explained as being because then you have the grip at the back so that when/if you get into trouble then you're more likely to understeer (throught the hedge forwards) than oversteer (through the hedge backwards)

Should we do that?

A

There's a lot less wear on the rear tyres. As Earpl said, they're basically just being dragged around by the rest of the car! :lol:

In addition to the fact that the fronts have more weight on them and they are the driving wheels (more wear before you even start to wheelspin) there is also the power steering factor. Scrubbing the tyres from side to side whilst moving slowly, say parking, is also going to add wear.

If your tyres are legal, changing front to back shouldn't be a problem, as far as I can see.

My tyres are the same all round...... but then I've only done 2000-odd miles since new!  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Surely some of those 2000 miles must have been even?? ;) ;)

(Sorry Em.......could not resist that one :lol: )

My tyres are the same all round...... but then I've only done 2000-odd miles since new!  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Surely some of those 2000 miles must have been even?? ;) ;)

(Sorry Em.......could not resist that one :lol: )

lol Trust you Steve! :lol::lol:

I notice, Em, that you've done 2300 miles since December. Youki's already done 2500 since March. Get out more in her, girl! Kaori's not just for washing and waxing, you know! ;)

I notice, Em, that you've done 2300 miles since December. Youki's already done 2500 since March. Get out more in her, girl! Kaori's not just for washing and waxing, you know!  ;)

You mean I have to drive a car - its not just here to wash n wax??? :D So thats what all those pedals and buttons do! lol :lol::lol:

Yeah I know - all you newer-car-owners are beating me mileage wise - I have a 6 mile round trip to work and back 5 days a week and its a 40 mile round trip to Rugby which I do twice a month..... plus anywhere else I feel like going! Trip to work is gonna be even less soon when the company moves - its either gonna be 0 miles cause the its just around the corner or 1.5 miles to the next village - depending on where the directors decide to move!

Oh the luxury of it! What I wouldn't give to not have to travel 18 miles a day and two trips through the Mersey Tunnel!

2500 since March???

Ya poof! :D

Now coming upto 8K miles since gettin the car in Mid-March. ;)

2500 since March???

The pedal in the middle will stop it, you know? :lol:

QUOTE(Gnome @ Jun 26 2005, 08:55 PM)

2500 since March???

Ya poof!

Now coming upto 8K miles since gettin the car in Mid-March.

The pedal in the middle will stop it, you know?

:P :D Cheers for that! made me laugh the most i have during my exams! (i know that doesnt sound like a compliment but is!)

2500 since March???

If he's a poof then what am I? :unsure:

Say it, and say goodbye to your balls! :lol::lol:

QUOTE(Gnome @ Jun 26 2005, 08:55 PM)

2500 since March???

Ya poof!

Now coming upto 8K miles since gettin the car in Mid-March.

The pedal in the middle will stop it, you know?

:P :D Cheers for that! made me laugh the most i have during my exams! (i know that doesnt sound like a compliment but is!)

You're welcome mate. It does sound like a compliment. :thumbsup:

I've got a lot of students going through GCSE exams at the mo and I'm not sure who is the most nervous, them or me! :lol:

If he's a poof then what am I?  :unsure:

Say it, and say goodbye to your balls!  :lol:  :lol:

Already got them, Em. The cheeky monkey! Shall I post them to you? :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links