Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

House Help Needed

Fidgits

read below, and vote for which house I should get...  

31 members have voted

1. 1. read below, and vote for which house I should get...

• house 1
    • house 2
    • none of the above

Okay, i've been trying to buy a house for months now, and have it down to a possible two..

please have a quick read before voting...

Both are very similar, in size, bedrooms, price etc...

House 1, has the additional of an en-suite and is slightly bigger, BUT, needs updating as its been a rental for the last 5 years or so.

772_CN003908_IMG_00.JPG

House 2, while smaller, has a slightly nicer garden, and is updated (not to my tastes though), but the area isnt as good as #1.

13898_110192A_10192_IMG_00.JPG

I'm tempted by #1, but once i buy the house, i wont have the funds to do it up, so I will have to do it a little at a time over the next few years...

I'm so confused!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Demonic Angel

• ~Rach~

• Gnome

If you dont like the area dont bother! Even if it takes time to do the house up it will be worth it!

His mum and dad have been doing theirs for nearly 10years and its perfect now just how they want it!

House 1, worth it in the long run, with it being a nicer area and slighty bigger, i imagine you should be getting a bit of a deal if its in a state so it would couple as an investment

Your heart tells you House #1, then House #1 it is. You will spend years and years and plenty of money doing any house up to how you want it - heck its taken us 6 months and the kitchen STILL isnt finished!

As long as its liveable-in then you can take as much time as you need for updating it - it'll be YOUR house!

If you dont like the area dont bother! Even if it takes time to do the house up it will be worth it!

His mum and dad have been doing theirs for nearly 10years and its perfect now just how they want it!

dont get me wrong. House 2 is in a nice area also.

Its just #1 is in a smaller, quieter cul-de-sac (even if you can see overhead powerlines from there).

House 1, worth it in the long run, with it being a nicer area and slighty bigger, i imagine you should be getting a bit of a deal if its in a state so it would couple as an investment

well, yes i imagine i could get it at a reasonable cost...

but it will be a case of purchase price + updating = maximum sale price

Location, Location, Garage. :thumbsup:

both have a garage ;)

#1 has north facing garden

#2 has west facing garden

House 1 seems to get it for me I thinks.... coz even with house 2, yes it may have been updated.. but as you said... not to your style....so something would still need doing anyways...

Okay, i've been trying to buy a house for months now, and have it down to a possible two..

please have a quick read before voting...

Both are very similar, in size, bedrooms, price etc...

House 1, has the additional of an en-suite and is slightly bigger, BUT, needs updating as its been a rental for the last 5 years or so.

772_CN003908_IMG_00.JPG

House 2, while smaller, has a slightly nicer garden, and is updated (not to my tastes though), but the area isnt as good as #1.

13898_110192A_10192_IMG_00.JPG

I'm tempted by #1, but once i buy the house, i wont have the funds to do it up, so I will have to do it a little at a time over the next few years...

I'm so confused!

edited to include pictures!

I agree with Shaz - house 1 looks better! Much nicer!

Post pics of 3,4 and 5 then! lol

well...

After all the houses i have looked at (was a lot) I thought it was settled on one of those two... but 3 new ones have just appeared, so im going to go see those first before deciding..

here's #4:

4844_92110-3275_IMG_00.jpg

cant find the other 2..

I'd go for house number 1 myself, I think the better the area the better and like DA says you'll have to spend money no matter what house you buy. My mum & dad have been living in our house for about 22 years now & despite doing what I'd call a major job (extension, another extension, getting the garden done, complete re-design of different rooms etc) pretty much every year since they moved in there's still more work planned.

Definately view the other 3 houses before you make a decision & just go with what your gut instinct is telling you.

Definitely view the other three of course, but you wouldnt put so much emphasis on house 1 if you weren't drawn more to house 1

See the others and come back to this thread in a few days and update us - when we saw our house, we fell in love with it because a. it was in a really nice village location, b. close to local amenities and only 8 miles from Leicester and c. it was bigger and more than we hoped to get! Ok so it needs work doing still, but we have years to do it! :thumbsup:

don't buy any. Move up to Scotland and wake up to views like this every morning:

Now thats a Skyline! I live in the best City in the UK!

no offence, but Glasgow isnt even the best city in Scotland (edinburgh is!)

i voted none of the above... Keep looking till you find the one that leaves no doubt in your mind. There`s one out there somewhere and when you find it you`ll know. And it`s a buyers market at the moment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links