Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Dashboard Lights

al_nunn

One of the bulbs has blown behind the heating controls. I doubt this is covered on the warranty so i may aswell try and do it myself.

The problem is...

i cannot get the bulbs in or out. I have taken the centre console apart to get access to them but i cannot find how you release the bulbs from their housing.

Please can someone shed some light (no pun intended) as to how the toyota bulbs can be removed.

i think hes got a yaris or a starlet..

if its the yaris i know how to do it, coz i re-wired all the dash lights so that they are all running off blue LEDs, looks pretty nice.

take out the top part of the dash. (2 screws behind the air knobs) and on the other side. in the middle of the knobs there is a little plate thing. there are 2 brown screw things, undo em. there the bulbs. only takes a quater turn to get em out.

VTRick is it possible to change the lights for red ones? Just a case of findingthe right sized RED LED's?

Thanks, Steve.

Sorry, its a new style toyota corolla.

The bulbs are held in the white heating control housing. I can see the bulbs but cannot get them out.

I used to have a yaris and the white heating control box bit looks the same from what i can remember.

Think the bulbs come out from the back........

if its the same as the yaris then they wil be on the 2 brown screw things.

and steve. yeah, you can change them to whatever colour you like. all you need is the resistor and an LED and know a little bit of wiring. took me about 45 mins

• 6 years later...

if its the same as the yaris then they wil be on the 2 brown screw things.

and steve. yeah, you can change them to whatever colour you like. all you need is the resistor and an LED and know a little bit of wiring. took me about 45 mins

i want to change the bulbs on my yaris vvti to blue because the green is annoying, what size bulbs etc would i have to buy? preferably off eBay?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links