Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Argh!

Gnome

I bet the driver wouldn't have stopped whether he knew wot happened to you or not! If he's not decent enuogh to wait before why would he be decent enough to stop and pay you for the damage he's caused?

There are too many people like that on the roads.

Did you say its in a village? No cctv around then? You should have gone to the police with his number plate.

Good luck with it. I've neen qouted £300 for a rear valance so it looks like you in deep *****.

In a village, so no CCTV.

Didn't get his reg either.

Will just have to foot the bill meself unfortunately.

Will let you all know how I get on this afternoon.

Sorry to hear about your bad news mate. That damage means a new quarter panel which hikes the price up a lot. As has already been said, it's not the part though, it's the amount of work needed.

Glad you're OK though. That's the main thing. Chin up. :yes:

What can I say?.. gutted for you pal... hope you get it sorted soon.. be as good as new, if its a claim, it's a claim.. not much you can do about it.

Don't you have protected no claims, where you are allowed 2 claims per year without affecting the premium?

Right. Sort of good news.

Can get it sorted, retaining the panel, and having it sprayed up.

After getting quotes between £700 and £1000, and being told it's best to go through insurance, I've gone with my boss' bro-in-law.

He estimated it to be about £400 +VAT, so I reckon just under £500.

He's a top bloke and knows how to do the job.

You ever seen "Britain's worst driver?" He did the cars for them!

Quite happy, although the money I'd saved for a nice long weekend in Holland is now gone, but live is such.

CFC: I'd have to check, but with N.U, they did protect my NCB when I had to claim in January for the Micra. I don't know if they'd protect it again, but I'd prefer to do it outside the insurers if I can.

He's having the car Monday morning for the week (pick up Friday, basically). In the mean time, I gotta either get the bike on the road (HA!), blag a lift if my colleague is back at work next week, or hire a car for the week.

Well 500 quid hurts but it could have been a lot more painful in the wallet. Glad you're getting it sorted.

Gnome, I'm sorry to hear about that, but 500-ish isn't the end of the world and its probably cheaper to cough up for it that pay the excess and the higher premiums for the next few years.

Hope its all sorted okay :thumbsup:

Alan

Exactly Alan.

Was checking insurance quotes, just in case I did go thru them, and my insurance went up between £100 & £200!

Then as you say, there would be the excess, and the young driver's excess NU throw in (About £350 in total I believe).

Cheers again guys 'n' gals.

It never ends!!!

Got home from work Friday night, and went down to the Ace Cafe in London for our bike club's meet.

Was down there talking, and took a quick glance at my car, to find another dent in it!

This time, on the rear panel on the driver's side!!!

Ain't got a clue how it got there, and can't remember seeing it Friday when I came out/ got home frm work, so I reckon someone knocked it while I was at the bike meet.

Luckily, no scratches, so am gonna try and get the inside panel off, and tap it out very gently.

No scratches, which suggests that someone has pushed it in with their hand, etc....

Not happy!!!!

Dropped off the car today, so fingers crossed he can keep to the quote, and save me a fortune! :D

:bookworm: i recon about 1100 ish , its the labour ,its alot of parts plus door needs re-painting lot of paint........... alot of time....... ,work and hard cash........ is needed here!!

if you can do it yourself go for it !

what a b*****d :censor:

unlucky dude

:huh:

took a quick glance at my car, to find another dent in it!

This time, on the rear panel on the driver's side!!!

Nooooo not more damage! :ffs:

Why do all these things have a tendancy to come at once? Grrr

Hope you get it sorted okay

Blue

Well, my wallet is £470 lighter today.

You can't even tell what had happened by looking at it.

Now to get rid of the "pushed-in" dent the other side!!!

Grr....

You can take your big chuffin dent out of what model you drive now! :thumbsup:

Glad you got it fixed mate and for a reasonable price aswell, shouldn't of happened in the 1st place though! :ffs:

It's goo to see the passenger side is fine, but there's still that "pushed-in" dent on the rear driver's side panel....

Is it easy to access the inside of that panel, and if so, what's the best way of getting it to pop out?

I'm glad you’re sorting the dent out. Shame you had to pay for someone else's bad driving.

Who ever it was must have sustained a bit of damage himself. As allot of his paint was left on your car.

A red car was it? What a F@%ker

Hi

I thought I would make you feel a little better.

Having spent a lot of time and money on my car - i was really p****D off when the night I came back from Max Power, I was parked outside my boyfriends house when an old man - 84 to be precise decided to inform me that I did not have my lights on (eh! - heloooo I was parked) he then hit my car with his walking stick leaving a huge dent on the passenger door. You can imagine how annoyed I was.

Anyway the next day I had him pay for it £500 - then it went into the panel shop to be sorted out.

When I went to collect the car, they had only sprayed one half of the car leaving a huge line where the paint could flick off - it is now 2 colours with a scratch on the passenger wing mirror, a chip off the window tint and ridged down the inside of the door - what a mess.

Just thought I would try and make you feel a little better!

It happens to us all!

Natx

No, the scratch was caused by a parked lorry Lenry, but the other driver was a pain in the **** for just driving off.

Dent has been sorted - well, the one caused by the lorry.

However, there is a dent on the driver's side now, where it looked like someone has pushed against the panel.

It just goes on and on....

No, the scratch was caused by a parked lorry Lenry, but the other driver was a pain in the **** for just driving off.

Dent has been sorted - well, the one caused by the lorry.

However, there is a dent on the driver's side now, where it looked like someone has pushed against the panel.

It just goes on and on....

ANOTHER DENT? :crybaby:

That's not fair, why can't people leave your T2 alone!

Yeah, this happened last friday (before it went in), when I was down in London.

No scratches or anything. Just looks as though someone has punched/ kicked/ pushed it.

dam talk about bad luck. sorry for all the crap thats happened. i know how u feel. had my yaris 3 months b4 it got smashed into by huge set trolleys at work because of the wind.someone said the trolleys were flying about and had hit a car. i just knew it would have to be mine even thougt there were loads there. left dents and marks from the alloyes to the front end. i almost cried. thankfully got it sorted and the compant who owned the trolleys payed up after abit of hasstle

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links