Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

London Bombings

gordypix

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sotal

• Moffmo

• Fidgits

• Kev Mc

Top Posters In This Topic

I am quite shocked about all this.

I heard something about a possible electricity fault on the radio this morning when I was on my way to Rogue Systems.

Now I am seeing stuff all over the net :o

We have mates that work in Liverpool Street - fortunately neither of them have been involved in anything. I do feel for the families of those caught up directly :(

Although I think London was always going to be a target since 911/Iraq - it was just a matter of time. I wouldn't be surprised if Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool or Glasgow/Edinburgh get targeted either :(

If you look back in news reports, it's quite scary how many attempts have already been foiled. I am quite surprised something of this size got through intelligence/security forces... but then again I'm also surprised it hasn't happened sooner.

If you look back in news reports, it's quite scary how many attempts have already been foiled. I am quite surprised something of this size got through

Lets not forget, almost all our security services were in Edinburgh for G8...

Thats very true. However I thought that since 9/11 they had upped security on planes, trains, underground etc because London was seen as the "next target"

Last year my work colleague went on a course in London and there was a bomb scare on the tube - security guards found a "suspicious package" in a backpack, but it turned out to be nothing in the end.

Where was all that security today?? Where were the bag checks or surveillance that they used to have there??

the below statement does sound odd as why would the bus driver act in that way...

Parking attendant Ade Soji, 35, of Dagenham, Essex said he had to run for safety after the bus exploded.

"I was helping a member of the public with directions when the bus stopped and the driver asked me the name of the street. I told him Tavistock Square and he called me over.

"Just as I was about to go, I heard the bus explode," he said.

Thoughts go out to all those affected from your friends across the water.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing this morning on the radio on the way into work. London is not going to be the same place for a long while.

This is a truely sad day and I really do hope the fatality and casualty rate is as low as possible. Thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by this truely evil act of cowardly terrorism.

I think it was always in the back of peoples minds of when not if something like this was going to happen. It is always a massive shock when it does actually happen though.

My fiancee lives and works in central London, she is actually up north for the week on holiday. I really do worry at times for her safety. I regularly visit her, using the tube. I think about "what ifs" a lot when I'm there but you've just got to get on with your life and enjoy it while you can.

I'm still trying to contact friends who also work and live in central London. I do hope they are ok.

Joe

the below statement does sound odd as why would the bus driver act in that way...

Parking attendant Ade Soji, 35, of Dagenham, Essex said he had to run for safety after the bus exploded.

"I was helping a member of the public with directions when the bus stopped and the driver asked me the name of the street. I told him Tavistock Square and he called me over.

"Just as I was about to go, I heard the bus explode," he said.

There was a very similar statement on the Sky News website, but the parking attendant was going over to talk to a member of the public, who had shouted across the road at him, asking what street he was on - Tavistock Square.

As the attendant crossed the road, he saw the bus explode, and ran for his life as the top of the bus flew off. :o :(

Dear All!

Just want to let you know that our thoughts and prayers go out to you guys from us Australians!

I trust that God would give you guys comfort, peace and wisdom as to what to do when you don't know what to do.

God is just ,and will see to it that those who are responsible will be eventually brought to justice, or that justice be brought to them.

I don't claim to understand or know why this tragedy has happened, but I do know that God is good all the time and will not allow what the devil and his children intend for evil to prevail.

I pray God's divine protection upon you all in the UK.

bless ya,

gt_echo

Dear All!

Just want to let you know that our thoughts and prayers go out to you guys from us Australians!

I trust that God would give you guys comfort, peace and wisdom as to what to do when you don't know what to do.

God is just ,and will see to it that those who are responsible will be eventually brought to justice, or that justice be brought to them.

I don't claim to understand or know why this tragedy has happened, but I do know that God is good all the time and will not allow what the devil and his children intend for evil to prevail.

I pray God's divine protection upon you all in the UK.

bless ya,

gt_echo

I know you mean well, but please don't bring religion onto the TOC forums. I have recently seen it get very nasty on another forum.... :(

Agreed ^^^ I am capable of making decisions myself without relying on my imaginary friend B)

Just wrote from my heart to yours that's all...as you can see I'm a Christian (a Jesus Freak 'n proud of it! :P) and just want the best for you guys that's all! :D no offence taken.

cheers,

gt_echo

My thoughts go out to the families of those affected by this act of terrorism.. :(

I do have to say however that I am not one bit surprised to see this happen. The way in which 'our' government just bends over with a crack of the whip form the US government is just stupid.

When something is clearly wrong... why follow and support such actions as the Iraqi 'invasion' as that's what it is under such false pretences.

Actions like that make the cause for those extremist even greater which in turn fuels the terrorist groups as more and more people who have nothing to loose step up to fight for something.

I could continue but this aint the time or place for it.

This should not have happened and not 1 of my Muslim brothers or sisters have said anything different. All have condemned it.. :ph34r:

All have expressed their condolences to those involved.. :(

hi first of all I’d like to express my sorry to all the people effected by the bombing in London to day, I being here at work all day and reading all the goings on and I sit hear holding back a tear and carrying a heavy heart, I have not got allot to say but here is the only place I can say this but what I would like to say I’m not a church going person, I was born into a religious family, does not matter which one, nor do I go and practice that religion that often, I do not believe going to a church on a Sunday shows the true soul of a person. But I do believe in a higher power, I don`t worship or live by any particular religion but what I do believe in is doing good. but on days like today, to say “pray” is a little strong but I ask weather it be a "GOD" what ever sprit to help those who have being effect buy this terrible act of destruction and forgive and not seek revenge and those who cased it. To those who caused it I hope they see the hurt they have caused and seek forgiveness for what they did. This is not a religious statement of any kind it’s the expression of a very upset person.

Thanks and again sorry to all the people effected.

Robbie

I heard from my dad today (via my mum).

He is a senior person in the fire brigade and has spent today in the tunnel at Kings Cross.

The scene is horrific.

He said there are about 25 bodies in there (not allowed to be removed yet). Many injured people have had limbs blown off.

I will probably hear the graphic details later, don't worry I will not post them here.

I feel sad for the poor familes waiting to hear from those missing.

I was due to be in London tonight, but as soon as I saw the original reports of a power surge this morning I was a bit spooked and phoned my friend and we both agreed not to venture into town. When the true situation was realised, it became obvious that it wouldn't have been possible.

I've since been following the news and found myself becoming increasingly angry at the amount of irresponsible journalism on display today and with other events such as this. There is a disturbing trend to make a 'drama out of a crisis' with unnecessary speculation and pure scare mongering. I know that it's the nature of the world to want to know every minor detail when attacks like this happen, but it only reinforces the fine line between hard facts and just throwing ideas into the air in order to justify a 6 hour long news show. People have friends and family in the city who are either stuck or were involved in the incidents. They do not need to be fed rubbish in order to fill in the gaps. It's unacceptable.

I'm also deeply disappointed everytime I hear reporters doubting the emergency services. THESE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN DESERVE THE UPPERMOST RESPECT. No one can begin to imagine the horrors that they have seen today, all whilst trying to maintain public order and organisation. My thoughts also go to these people. I wish the media would give them a break. :(

Yep all praise goes to the emergency services for doing such a good job.

At work today all of us were constantly checking different news websites for info and whenever going to the loo/breaks we'd have a quick look at the TV in the restroom to get a quick update..we had it on constantly all day and kept the door open too so everyone could see it.

My thoughts go to anyone hurt/killed in the events today :(

Blue

Such a very sad day. Very confused and mixed feelings at the moment. Anger at those who caused this, sorrow for those who have been killed or injured. Heartfelt sympathy for those affected but relief, tinged with guilt at my selfishness, that my own friends and family are safe.

This is a very sad day. My thoughts go out to all

Those who escaped, feel good not guilty

For the victims my heart felt warm wishes

For those helping and dealing with the whole rescue operations you are all appreciated and thanked from those of us too far away to help

I hope somehow we find a way to protect nation and our people

1 way to protect the nation , bail all immigrants out

what complete twaddle.

mindless bigotry has no place in our society - never mind these forums.

if you cannot contribute - stay out of the thread.

A sad day for the UK and world :( My sympathies go out to everyone.

I heard about it this morning while driving the work truck this morning. It was all over the radio news.

That would serve no purpose whatsoever. Richard Ried ( shoebomber ) was a British National, and a terrorist. Don't assume that all British Citizens are saints.......similarly it's wholly wrong to assume all foreign nationals are evil. Kneejerk reactions only lead to arthritis in later life. :angry:

Terrible tragedy. There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said numerous times in this thread. All we can do is hope that it never happens again ( even though that sort of thinking is naive at best, especially in the current global climate. )

defend the innocent not the bombers, whose side are you on, british dont kill one another , open your mind and face reality.all this happens due to the fact these people get through customs gates.blame the government for letting them in the uk.twaddle is the truth .pointless if you are gonna defend them , sure we have our nutters , but this is the work of foreign society.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links