Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Castle Combe (again)...

TheNissanMan

its a t sport, its got rear discs!!!!!

Ohhhhh!! Excuse me!!! :lol::lol: I can see that now...I'll just go back to sleep!!! :D Thought they looked a bit good. Maybe I'll get some of those fake ones!....then again.... :lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNissanMan

• scoobyspanker

• Fidgits

• Scot

yes you will forget those fake discs!!!! lol, unless you have a nova!?

Dan

Hi dan

Looking good mate. Painting the brake calipers really make the wheels look better dont you think. :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Hi guys, sorry i couldnt turn up and take pictures of u all :D

I had to direct a kids programme from 8am till 12:30 :censor: But will hopfully be their next time. Ive set a deadline on my car.... 27days and counting :D :D

Dan, glad to see u out on track.... have you sorted your scrubbing problem out yet then?

I might stick to track days when their are serious people on track. I dont agree with people buying £100 worth of car and wreaking it, if they dont care about their own car.... they certainly dont care about yours!!!! they should try bannger racing instead. Ive got respect for people who put their £10,000 - £100,000 worth of car on a track, who push themselves and their car, but not others of the road. im only speaking from limited experiance though.

Hi guys, sorry i couldnt turn up and take pictures of u all :D

I had to direct a kids programme from 8am till 12:30 :censor: But will hopfully be their next time. Ive set a deadline on my car.... 27days and counting :D :D

Dan, glad to see u out on track.... have you sorted your scrubbing problem out yet then?

I might stick to track days when their are serious people on track. I dont agree with people buying £100 worth of car and wreaking it, if they dont care about their own car.... they certainly dont care about yours!!!! they should try bannger racing instead. Ive got respect for people who put their £10,000 - £100,000 worth of car on a track, who push themselves and their car, but not others of the road. im only speaking from limited experiance though.

You saying you don't respect 4k cars on track then :P :D :lol:

Thing is, not all people want to risk there pride and joy on the track. It knackers the car, u will never drive it as hard as u would a cheap car, its nice to take ur own car out we would all love to, but my mates love driving and really push there limits on this track and have a great time not worrying!! They do go OTT sometimes but they havent hit any cars or caused any1 to crash!! :thumbsup:

I might stick to track days when their are serious people on track. I dont agree with people buying £100 worth of car and wreaking it, if they dont care about their own car.... they certainly dont care about yours!!!! they should try bannger racing instead. Ive got respect for people who put their £10,000 - £100,000 worth of car on a track, who push themselves and their car, but not others of the road.  im only speaking from limited experiance though.

Thing is, not all people want to risk there pride and joy on the track. It knackers the car, u will never drive it as hard as u would a cheap car, its nice to take ur own car out we would all love to, but my mates love driving and really push there limits on this track and have a great time not worrying!! They do go OTT sometimes but they havent hit any cars or caused any1 to crash!! :thumbsup:

Yes but it's idiots like that who put people taking their own cars on track...

People do take their pride and joys out on track and do push them (at least I believe that is what I was doing) and do get concerned when idiots fly around not taking into consideration rules which are laid down for saftey purposes such as overtaking on a red flag for example, that's just plain stupid and unforgivable.

If your friends want to push a car at track they should be worrying about others on track and not acting like the stupid inconsiderate idiots which put responsible people of going out on track days...

Oops was that harsh, dam I do apologise I must enjoy pushing a daily driver around a track while having to be extra careful as there are idiots who go out on track who don't give a :censor:

Maybe they should buy a NOva next time and join the max muppet brigade....

just because u drove ur MR2 like a !Removed! don't take it out on my mates. You may think ur driving your car hard but I dout u are! Its ur car handling worse than a Golf, or ur driving skills are to blame... They don't drive dangerous all the time! Sometimes they have to overtake on corners it would be more dangerous to brake hard and force the car not to overtake..maybe all these fannys shouldn't bother farting about on the track if they can't handle the corners at high speeds, or just stick to drag racing!!

They would rather use there golf than use there M3's which ***** all over ur MR2...maybe u should join the Nova crew, a MR2 is more in there league than a M3 cabbie.. :thumbsup:

ScoobySpanker...

It is made very clear on these days, that for safety that there should be NO OVERTAKING ON CORNERS. These rules are there for a reason, and if you friends break them, then they are nob-heads.

I don't care how good of a driver they think they are, if they disobey rules (and I saw the white golf overtake UNDER A RED FLAG)... even F1 drivers don't do that, and i doubt your friends are anywhere near that skill level.

Motorsport is dangerous, and because of people like your friends, I wont take my car on track on days like that.... they ruin the fun for everyone else.

Im not arguing the point of my speed or my cars capabilities at all, I know I'm not the fastest or hardest driver out there and know that my driving skills are noway near as good as a lot of people out there on track but again, I haven't the experience that some of them have and maybe I'm just not that good a driver, that's nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

I am also no stupid enough to try and place the MR2 in the same league as the M3 I don't recall ever trying to make that point so interested as to where that comparrison came from.

The point I was trying to make is that the reason a lot of people who would like to go out on track is that there are a small number of idiot's who do not obey the rules that are provided for track safety and make other drivers feel uncomfortable as they then feel that their car is at risk, track days are fun and a great chance to see what you can do in your car and safe as long as people drive within their limits and not try and push themselves to hard. When you have idiots overtaking mid corner on days like Japfest it all gets a bit silly.

On an open pit day where ful overtaking is allowed this is obviously a different matter people need to be aware what is around them and let the faster cars pass as easily as possible but when you have idiots forcing you off your line mid corner, overtaking on yellows and even more stupidly red it gets frustrating.

The point I have hopefully made clear is it is nothing to do with the car you drive, I would expect the same courtesay on track whether I was driving a clapped out fiat 500 or a ferrari 360 it's about responsibility and consideration to others.

I'd also like to add, that you reckon your mate was safer by overtaking...

Well, since overtaking in corners is banned, what would happen if your mate tried to pass someone who was obeying the rules, and taking the right lines through the bends...

I'll tell you.... two cars smashed up....

I've never seen them overtake under a red flag anyway! they do sometimes overtake on corners but they don't just fly round trying to make people crash, I just think we should look at the day from different veiws? I can see how cool it must be to take ur own car out there, but we all must see how cool it is to drive a cheapy GTI thing around? Or can't u see that? There not dum idiots at all, thats why i'm getting ****ty about this, don't look down on other people with a snobby out-look..I wouldn't have had a go at Ryan normally......there was more than 1 white Golf on the track..Plus, a red MR2 followed us after the race, we were battling with him for a couple of laps, he was so impressed with my mates driving, he asked what engine we had in there and couldn't beleive it was an 8valve 1.8!! He loved it, so theres a Toyona owner with a dofferent veiw :)

Hey, I'm not just having a go at your mate, as you said, it may not of been their Golf GTI I saw...

However, you admitted that your friend broke the track rules, and as far as I'm concerned, thats dangerous... We could of lost it a few times because of people doing that, luckily ryan managed to drive out of the problem....

I'm just passing my opinion, I have no problem with anyone buying a banger to race on these days... as long as the obey the track rules... which are there for everyone's safety!

As far as I'm concerned, anyone overtaking on a corner (without good reason) should be permamently banned from the track.. and as I know quite a few stewards at Combe, I have heard that they are planning on holding onto reg-plates of dangerous drivers, and disallowing them track time on any day...

I don't havea problem with taking anything out on track, why do you think I have the old rustbucket that will be going out on track when fixed, its so rusty it was free and don't have to worry....

Your still not getting the point are you....

It's not a snobby outlook I have, anybody can go out in anything and have fun which is the great thing about track days, it doesnt matter if your car can only do 50mph on track if your aware of whats going on around you and get out the way.

My problem is that there are people out there who don't want to take their pride and joys out on track for the simple reason there are to many idiots out there, I am not talking about your friends specifically although the only time I was overtaken by an older golf on sat was under reds, it wasn't just the golf that overtook either, i recall myself a worked nova and two renault clio cups slowing down and a bunch of cars overtook us on the pit straight when there were obviously red lights posted. Admittedly it was a bit confusing as the guy with the flags wasnt waving.

Personally i don't car who overtakes me or how often as long as I have fun....

As to pushing our cars hard, i through a rod out the side of my block!

ive been in the car with ryan, and he tries his best, as do i. Granted, we arnt the fastest drivers, and have very limited experiance, but thats what these days are for!!!!.

I believe they should seperate the inexperianced to the pro's or maybe if they are really that good, then they should join a racing team etc.

Im not being rude, but ive spent at least a 1000hrs tinkering with my car, and still want to push her as much as my limited talent goes. If your friends show as much love in their cars, then thats even more reason to take them out.

Its not about racing against others, i think its about racing against yourself. what would u say, if u took your pride and joy out, and someone forces you off track because they dont care? im not saying thats what anybody here does, its just ive seen it happen.............................. perhaps they should have banger days.... or kill ur car days :D

I don't encourage them to overtake on corners and I agree with u both that they really shouldn't! Some corners other drivers take such bad lines and go round so slow that it would cause us trouble to brke really hard and force our car on a bad line aswell, they certainly don't try to overtake on corners and they don't drive up peoples asses, when we get a clear run they really do throw is through the esses and the bobbys!! I have not painted a very good picture of them. :wacko: But sorry to get so ****ty, u are right about the saftey but I still think its great fun raggin a little beast round there :ban:

If they were such good drivers they would notice that there was a slower car which would be matching them into the corner and slow down in advance or change their line to be quick out of the corner on the straight and pass.....

It's not an F1 race where you have to get around the quickest there are others out there which should be repsected as well.....

saftey has to be key at events like these as obviously big toys, high speeds and the a great deal of risk when inconsiderate little :censor: go out on track....

Just my 2p of course....

If they were such good drivers they would notice that there was a slower car which would be matching them into the corner and slow down in advance or change their line to be quick out of the corner on the straight and pass.....

It's not an F1 race where you have to get around the quickest there are others out there which should be repsected as well.....

saftey has to be key at events like these as obviously big toys, high speeds and the a great deal of risk when inconsiderate little :censor: go out on track....

Just my 2p of course....

Your absolutly right Ryan...

Because we all know, the moment someone is seriously hurt or killed at one of these events, the goverment will shut them down, and then no-one will be able to do it...

I agree, we don't want these days to be banned. But it is noy always that easy to check if a slower car than urs is infront and to check there line, the Golf is one of the slowest cars out there and every car can nearly handle better so how do we tell is some chap in a scooby is just a crap driver?? They don't race against other drivers they time every lap to beat themselves. anyway, I respect ur point, and agree with it.

I don't encourage them to overtake on corners and I agree with u both that they really shouldn't! but I still think its great fun raggin a little beast round there :ban:

Cool, thats good news. What car have u got? u should try and take it out, then u'll prob. see our point better :D

when the adrenaline is pumping and the tires are squeeling, its hard to restrain yourself, i know that, but try it in the M3, or whatever you have and u'll c.

I agree, we don't want these days to be banned. But it is noy always that easy to check if a slower car than urs is infront and to check there line, the Golf is one of the slowest cars out there and every car can nearly handle better so how do we tell is some chap in a scooby is just a crap driver?? They don't race against other drivers they time every lap to beat themselves. anyway, I respect ur point, and agree with it.

It's all part of driving judging others, if the car is going to the corner he has the right of way no matter how he decides to take it, it is not up to the car behind to disagree wiht the car in fronts ptions it's just bad luck and he has to allow for that....

I nearly made that mistake on Saturday where we got caught out in Quarry by a car taking the wrong line and slamming on the brakes and I admit I had to slow down, keep the car steady and give the car enough space to not push him harder than he already was considering he nearly got it wrong, I admit that to being my fault and would love to have taken the corner faster but it was bad luck and I had to wit till the straightto go by....

Hang on a sec let me think, shouldn't you be aware of al cars on the road under normal circumstances anyway ?

The car in front always has the right of way same on the track as it is on the road, its something you just have to live with...

Cool, thats good news. What car have u got? u should try and take it out, then u'll prob. see our point better :D

when the adrenaline is pumping and the tires are squeeling, its hard to restrain yourself, i know that, but try it in the M3, or whatever you have and u'll c.

Thats a great idea Scott.. tell your mate to take his M3 next time, that way he might learn how other people feel, and have a little respect....

its Scot with one 'T' thank you fidgits :group-cuddles:

I can see ur points of veiw! I couldn't beleive my eye's when i saw a nw Porsche GT3 out there! People have to remember its still a "bring wat u want day" there will be blokes in Pugs, Golfs, Nova's, MR2's etc...the track is made up of the cheaper cars! lets not forget that its a race track aswell though :thumbsup: I'm bored now, this isn't as black and white as ur making out. We won't really change our minds, but as I KEEP SAYING, I AGREE WITH U ALL!!!!!!!!!

its Scot with one 'T' thank you fidgits  :group-cuddles:

My deepest apologies Scot...

Oh and Scooby... it was a GT2... :P

(the 998 GT3 has only just been released)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership