Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Castle Combe (again)...

TheNissanMan

Oh and Scooby... it was a GT2... :P

there was a GT3 there aswell! thats why i assumed it was that model on ther track! just a ****ty GT2 then :lol: :P ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNissanMan

• scoobyspanker

• Fidgits

• Scot

Cool, thats good news. What car have u got? u should try and take it out, then u'll prob. see our point better  :D

when the adrenaline is pumping and the tires are squeeling, its hard to restrain yourself, i know that, but try it in the M3, or whatever you have and u'll c.

I can see ur points of veiw! I couldn't beleive my eye's when i saw a nw Porsche GT3 out there! People have to remember its still a "bring wat u want day" there will be blokes in Pugs, Golfs, Nova's, MR2's etc...the track is made up of the cheaper cars! lets not forget that its a race track aswell though :thumbsup: I'm bored now, this isn't as black and white as ur making out. We won't really change our minds, but as I KEEP SAYING, I AGREE WITH U ALL!!!!!!!!!

I agree it is a Track Day and bring what you want but disagree that you agree with us all unless you've done either a) a bigger u-turn than labour, or B) arguing the poiint from your friends point of view.

There were classic tvr's aston's and a noble on track so yes I know you can drive whatever you wish but as we've repeatedly stated it doesn't matter what you drive you still have to respect the fact that there are other cars and drivers of different abilities out there on track. If you can't repsect other people and other cars on track then you shouldn't be out there in the first place.

If people are overtaking on corners, yellows or reds then they're obviously didn't listen that hard in the briefing or are inconsiderate little :censor:

if u have an expensive or classic car then take it out on the "club owners days" u got PMT Ryan?? :help: :censor: :angry:

if u have an expensive or classic car then take it out on the "club owners days" u got PMT Ryan?? :help: :censor: :angry:

Why should they???

If everyone obeys the rules, then the car is safe??

thats great in micky mouse land, but that won't happen will it!?! Thats what I would do if I was going to take mine out.

just my 2p! :thumbsup:

Not PMT just get annoyed when arrogant little :censor: argue a point they appear to have very little first hand knowledge as nobody even knows what they drive or how much track experience they have....

Oh they might have had a few passenger rides though....

Their is alway a risk!!!! i kinda thought that we used these days as club days?????? perhaps they do to? Personally, i think its great to see the old legends out on track. I'd love to go head to head with those Datsun 240's and 260's :P :P

thats great in micky mouse land, but that won't happen will it!?! Thats what I would do if I was going to take mine out.

just my 2p! :thumbsup:

Yes it does happen continuaaly try come to quarry with elises, esprit's caterhams, mazda's and toyota and we all live happily together following rules....

Can I just ask if your mates was the qhite golf how did that big dent appear down the side....

scoobyspanker, are u comming to the Kartiing meet???

fancy a bit of 'take no mercy' on the LOC boys? :D

sorry God, or Pro? what should I call u? If u are stupid enough to think that people will all drive carefully and repect all others than great, but we both know thay DON'T! Just accept that not all people think like u, I know I'm not on my own in my thoughts and I have been saying ur right! U just want my to have ur veiws, and I wont. :yes:

erm god would be nice but not really necessary, most people call me Ryan but I'll leave that to your discretion....

I am not trying to force you to have the same views as me as that would be pointless, poepl need their own views which is why the world we live in is such an interesting place :D

I have been to a number of track days all over the place and on the whole the large majority of people do abide by the rules as they have the maturity to understand that they are there for their own safety and protection and for others trying to enjoy the same day out. This is what differentiates different track companies, the ones that a strick on these rules and who do black flag/ban people disobeying these rules are the ones which are very successful, repsected an used by a large number of car clubs such as Bookatrack.

I hope that others do reply to this thread with their opinions as it would be nice to see how far off ball I actually am, I know from reading Scot's and Fidgit's repsonses it appears that I may not be that far off from the standard opinon, for that we will have to wait and see....

In conclusion I am not asking or wanting you to share my opinions, just realise that the majority of people who enjoy there time on track do so maturely and with respect for others, something obviously some people need to learn!

:eek: Hi,

Not sure what’s going on here then :D Ok well if I have got this right there are people who buy :censor: cars take them on track because they don’t want to drive there pride and joys on the track in case they smash/break them. Ok that’s fine get that.

That’s cool but the same people who don’t want to take there pride and joys on track and leave them in the car park, don’t seem to give a :censor: about the rules or the other cars on the track <_< ok now there taking the *****. Come on if you don’t want to take your pride a joy on track that’s cool but have some consideration for the other drivers, the incident with the red flags and the over taking on the corners come on what you playing at :ffs:

I know that when we are driving on public roads we all get some :censor: over taking you or driving like a ***** but on track don’t think so :ffs:. Don’t know if anyone has mentioned that Doing that sort of thing is fine on the roads coz you can always drive off and not care. But on the track you have to go back to the pits where there people you just drove like a :censor: round will be waiting :group-cuddles:

Just my point of view

I have been saying ur right! U just want my to have ur veiws, and I wont.

isn't that a contradiction?

I think people should always respect the other drivers on the track regardless of what their experience is or what they drive– it's a simple courtesy.

The rules are there for a reason and people participating should enter into the spirit of things and abide by those rules for everyone's safety, and if they break the rules they should be dealt with accordingly.

I have been saying ur right! U just want my to have ur veiws, and I wont.

isn't that a contradiction?

I think people should always respect the other drivers on the track regardless of what their experience is or what they drive– it's a simple courtesy.

The rules are there for a reason and people participating should enter into the spirit of things and abide by those rules for everyone's safety, and if they break the rules they should be dealt with accordingly.

yes it's not, I mean no it is, I mean contradiciton, erm...... I don't disagree I just don't agree with what your saying....

Anyone good with cockney rhyming slang here ????

Oh dear,i could rant on for ever about consideration for other track users,driver awareness,the reasons the safety rules are put there but i think that has been covered quite nicely and Ryan you aren't off the mark at all,Fidgets,Knowlson,Carlgolsby and Scotttttt :P are all spot on as well.

Break the rules,ban them for life before they take one.

As for rhyming slang merchant banker seems to fit quite nicely.

Well i think it boils down to one thing......FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT... :P ..

You either play by the rules, or dont play at all...simple as that.

As mentioned earlier in this thread,, the car in front has the right of way. so open your eyes and OBSERVE..that to me is the real skill,,, anyone can break the rules but tyring to stay within the rules....thats the test...

Just my 2p worths :thumbsup:

you aren't off the mark at all,Carlgolsby and Scotttttt :P

Smart *****.

Bl##dy Yorkshire man :-)

O.k guys ... Its like this..... I have been to a few track days just to watch.. I have worked long and hard to afford what some people in would call a pile of crap coz it just cost £6000..

But at the end of the day its my pile of crap and i love it dearly.. I have seen idiots out there b4 and purely because of this I will never take my pride and joy on a track.. just in case its one of those days and i pick the track and day for a total t**t to be on it... So the moral of the story is Somebody has all ready ruined it for me because dangerous driving and breaking of the rules .. :ffs:

jac

Hello folks :)

Ryan IMO you're about spot-on .

No need to repeat anything that's already been said .

I have a car that cost me less than £200 and I was concerned about it's health out with some of the pillocks who think it's some sort of challenge to their ego .

I do a fair number of track days and this isn't what I'd class as one of them .

Which is a shame as it could be very good if they decided to black flag a few of the more prominant asses .

The White Golf for just one example .

I think I have a very good idea how it got that dent in it's side . Some incar footage tells it's own story. :wacko:

The funny thing is that those that are out to entertain the crowd are often the ones that are holding up those that are trying to drive the circuit .

O.k guys ... Its like this..... I have been to a few track days just to watch.. I have worked long and hard to afford what some people in would call a pile of crap coz it just cost £6000..

But at the end of the day its my pile of crap and i love it dearly.. I have seen idiots out there b4 and purely because of this I will never take my pride and joy on a track.. just in case its one of those days and i pick the track and day for a total t**t to be on it... So the moral of the story is Somebody has all ready ruined it for me because dangerous driving and breaking of the rules .. :ffs:

jac

I'm glad I'm not the only one with these beliefs although I do have to thanks Jac especially as this is exactly the point I was making it's people who don't take care who ruin it for others before they've even had a chance to try it...

I think we can successfully close this thread...

.. and Jac has given me an idea.. if I take my car on track and some muppet causes damage to my pride and joy, i will beat the living :censor: :censor: :censor: out of him in the pit lane, then torch his car, his house, kill his pets.... :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
I didn't see a GT3.. it must of been an old one then..

It was a GT3 I have seen a pic of it on the track on www.wussel.com! Doesn't look that old :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership