Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tuning The 4efe

sparco_blues

Ive heard that you can increase the size of the injectors and replace the cam etc, anyone know if this is a good way to go and where i can the the parts from, ive reached the stage of induction kit, full system exhaust, decat and powerboost valve, I have a 98 corolla GS

01front.jpg

as you can see ive near on sorted the styling, so im having a look at tuning, also anyone got any info on conversions, been looking into the 4AGE engines, any details would be a great help

01front.jpg

:drool: Nice car mate :thumbsup:

Not too sure myself, but Fensport list a number of conversions that you could choose.

Would be quality if it went as fast as it looks :thumbsup:

The ECU controls the length of time that the injectors are open so bigger capacity injectors open for the same length of time will squirt more fuel and unless you can get the right amount of extra air in as well then you could end up with a very rich mixture. This could end up removing the oil coating on the cylinder walls (bore wash) which would lead to excessive piston ring wear, and excessive oil consumption. To get the extra air in I'm talking about forced induction - either a supercharger or turbocharger.

Unforunately Toyota designed the 4afe as an "economy" engine and it's dificult to get lot more horsepower out of it. I had a Superchip, exhaust, induction kit etc but that lot didn't get more than an extra 10bhp - I didn't try cams just went for the 4a-gze conversion instead. :D B)

How easy was the conversion and what sort of cost ? Ive been looking at a few different engines the 4AGE, 4AGZE or 4EFTE, just i dont know if theres hidden costs etc... what other work needs doing? suspension? brakes? If trying to gather all the info i can :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links